Knowing the scheme of examination gives an aspirant a fair idea as to how one should go about the preparation for any Exam. This blog is intended to enlighten you about the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019 & IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019 for both Prelims & Mains. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection on its official website released the IBPS Clerk Notification 2019 with a total of 12075 Vacancies, which a quite huge. Online Applications for the same have also begun from 17th of September 2019. If you are a Banking Exam aspirant and want to pursue a career in the Banking Industry, it is a great opportunity.
Register and start preparing with an IBPS Clerk Prelims Free Mock Test.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019 – For Prelims & Mains
- The IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019 comprises of two phases that are Prelims & Mains.
- There will be three sections in the prelims phase having a separate timing of 20 minutes each for each section.
- Candidates will have to qualify in each of the three tests i.e. English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability by securing sectional cut-off marks as well as overall Cut off marks, to be decided by IBPS.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
- Then selected candidates who will be taking Mains Exam, will be tested in four subjects namely, General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, each test having a separate timing amounting to a total time of 160 minutes.
1. IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
Name of Tests
Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
2. IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests (Not by Sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The above tests except for the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty: For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
3. Provisional Allotment
The total marks allotted for Online Main Examination are 200. Marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional allotment. A candidate should qualify in the Online Main Examination and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on authorized IBPS website.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Apply Online – Use the link to Register for Clerk 2019
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||17/09/2019|
|Closure of registration of application||09/10/2019|
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019 – Topic-Wise
1. IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019 – For Prelims Exam
|Vocabulary (Synonyms/ Antonyms)||Syllogisms||Simplification/Approximation|
|Basic English Grammar||Blood Relations||Percentage|
|Comprehension||Puzzles & Seating arrangement (Linear and Circular)||Averages;
Mixtures & Alligations
|Spotting Errors||Alphanumeric Series & Letter Arrangement||Ratio & Proportion|
|Fillers- Single and Double||Coding-Decoding||Simple Interest & Compound Interest|
|Cloze Test||Distance and Directions||Profit & Loss;
Time & Work
|Idioms and Phrases||Coded and Mathematical inequalities||Time, Speed & Distance (Boats & Streams)|
|Phrase Replacement||Analogy / Classification||Quadratic Equations|
|One word substitution||Ordering and Ranking||Number Series (Missing & Wrong Series)|
|Odd One Out||Double line up||Number System|
|Sentence Improvement||Input-Output||Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency|
2. IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019 – For Mains Exam
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Static Awareness||Syllogisms||Basics of Computer|
|Number Series||Para-jumbles||Banking and financial awareness||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Data Sufficiency||Synonyms and Antonyms||Banking/Financial Terms||Puzzles||Networking|
|Data Interpretation||Sentence Correction||Current Affairs||Seating arrangement (Linear and Circular)||MS Office applications|
|Quadratic Equations||Cloze Test||Coding-Decoding||Internet and E-mail|
|Time, Distance & Work||Fillers||Distance and Directions||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Partnership||Sentence Improvement||Coded and mathematical inequalities||Computer Hacking|
|Profit &Loss||Idioms and Phrases||Analogy / Classification||Computer Abbreviations|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Vocabulary based questions||Input/Output||Computer Virus|
|Mixture & Allegations||Word/phrase Replacement||Statement and Assumptions||Computer abbreviations|
|Percentage||Odd one out||Statement-Course of Action||Computer Network-Types and Topology|
IBPS Clerk Online Course – A Video Learning Course for IBPS Clerk Exam 2019
The syllabus is huge and diverse. But you need not worry at all. We at Oliveboard have your back and got you covered with our IBPS Clerk Cracker 2019 – Online Video Course, that will be your one-stop-shop for your complete IBPS Clerk 2019 preparation. Read the details of the Online Clerk Course 2019 below.
- This is a 2-month course starting from 14th October 2019 which will equip you with the requisite understanding on topics from Quant, Reasoning and English for the IBPS Clerk exam.
- There will be daily classes on subjects, interspersed with practice sessions will give your preparation the boost needed to jump over the fence of the prelims exam.
- A student can attend IBPS Clerk Online Course “IBPS Clerk Cracker 2019” on Oliveboard’s Subscription Platform “Oliveboard EDGE“. Once you subscribe, you can readily attend the Clerk Cracker Course 2019 as well as many other Courses available on “EDGE”.
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Vacancies – Bank-wise & State-wise
- Tips to fill IBPS Clerk Bank Preference
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary, Job Profile, Career Growth
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy – 2019
A Quick Glance at IBPS Clerk Mock Test 2019
- 20 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
This was all from us in this blog of “IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019 & Exam Pattern”. We hope that you like the information provided here and benefit from it as well.