Every year IBPS conducts a common written exam every year for the clerical cadre in multiple banks across the country. It invites online applications from eligible Indian citizens to be appointed as the Clerk in IBPS. Previously IBPS Clerk 2020 Recruitment Notification was out for 1557 vacancies and as per the latest notification, the vacancies have been increased to 2557. A candidate is selected after clearing each phase of the recruitment process. Read along to know everything about IBPS Clerk Notification 2020.
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Date Out
- 1. IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 | Overview
- 2. What are the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification 2020 Dates?
- 2. IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2020
- 3. IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification | Application Fees
- 4. What is the Eligibility Criteria For IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020?
- 5. IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 | Selection Procedure
- 6. What Is The Syllabus For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam?
- 7. IBPS Clerk 2020 Call Letter
- 8. What Is The IBPS Clerk Salary?
- 9. IBPS Clerk Job Profile & Career Path
- 10. IBPS Clerk Participating Organisation
- 11. IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Date Out
IBPS has announced the tentative exam dates for IBPS Mains exams in a recent update. Tentative exam date for IBPS Clerk Mains Online Examination is 28.02.2021. Check out the official update below.
It has been decided by the competent authorities to reopen the registration window and invite applications for online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Clerical cadre Posts in the Participating Organisations by releasing this Supplementary Advertisement in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01.09.2020. This process is only for the following categories of applicants.
1. Who attained the eligibility in terms of educational qualifications by 06.11.2020.
2. Who could not register successfully from 02.09.2020 to 23.09.2020.
1. IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 | Overview
The recruitment process is held in two phases i.e. Preliminary Examination and Main Examination.
Candidates who are shortlisted after Preliminary Examination appears for Main Examination. Candidates who are shortlisted after the Main Examination are then selected as a clerk in different IBPS banks across India.
Final results are arrived at by aggregating the Mains Exam score marks.
Want To Take A Free Mock Test For IBPS Clerk? Register Here
2. What are the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification 2020 Dates?
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of
Application & Payment of Application
|23.10.2020 to 06.11.2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||17.11.2020 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||23.11.2020 to 28.11.2020|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||18.11.2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||05.12.2020, 12.12.2020 and 13.12.2020|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||31.12.2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||12.01.2021|
|Online Examination – Main||24.01.2021|
Download Official Notification Here
2. IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2020
Find the updated vacancies below:
|State||Vacancies Released Earlier||Vacancies in New Notification|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||0||1|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||4||4|
|Jammu & Kashmir||5||7|
Appearing For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam. Register Here For Free
3. IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification | Application Fees
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 02.09.2020 to 23.09.2020 (Online payment), both dates inclusive shall be as follows:
Rs. 175/- (inclusive of GST) for SC/ST/PWBD/EXSM candidates.
Rs. 850 /- (inclusive of GST) for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
4. What is the Eligibility Criteria For IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020?
Age (as on 1.9.2020):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1992 and no later than 01.09.2000 (both dates inclusive)
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicates the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Check Your All India Standing. Test Your Preparation Here By Attempting A Free Mock Test.
5. IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 | Selection Procedure
The recruitment for IBPS Clerk is done through a two-tiered process:
Phase I – Preliminary Exam (Prelims) (Online Exam)
Phase II – Main Exam (Mains) (Online Exam)
Phase I – Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of
|Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Phase II – Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr.No||Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Ques||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||General/ Economy/ Banking Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The above tests except for the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty: For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at the corrected score.
Note: Marks obtained in the online main examination only will be considered for final merit listing.
The total marks allotted for Online Main Examination are 200. Marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional allotment. A candidate should qualify in the Online Main Examination and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on the authorized IBPS website.
6. What Is The Syllabus For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam?
The section-wise syllabus is given below for your reference:
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Ability|
|Alpha Numeric Series||Cloze Test||Average|
|Analogy||Error Spotting||Data Interpretation|
|Blood Relations||Fill in the Blanks||Simple & Compound Interest|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Para Jumbles||Number System|
|Classification||Phrase Idiom Meaning||Percentage|
|Coding & Decoding||Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction||Profit and Loss|
|Data Sufficiency||Reading Comprehension||Mixtures & Allegations|
|Directions & Distances||Sentence/ Paragraph Completion||Speed, Time and Distance|
|Double Line Up||Spellings||Work and Time|
|Grouping and Selection||Synonyms/Antonyms||Number Series|
|Inequalities||Ratio and Proportion|
|Input-Output||Simplification & Approximation|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Permutation & Combination|
|Ordering and Ranking||Probability|
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness Syllabus:
- Financial Awareness, Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Sports News
- Superlatives – India & World
- Science and Tech related to current events
- Important Days
- Govt. Schemes
- Important Appointments
- Economic & Current Affairs
- Important Bank
- Economic & Corporate Appointments
- Bank Names, headquarters & chairpersons
- Annual Budget
- Economic Survey
- Important Awards & Honours
- Important Days.
Computer Aptitude Syllabus
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamental/ Terminologies
- Flow Charts
- Binary to Number Conversion
- Number to Binary Conversion
7. IBPS Clerk 2020 Call Letter
An eligible candidate should download his/her call letter from the authorized IBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/ her details i.e. Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier.
8. What Is The IBPS Clerk Salary?
The monthly net salary after deduction for IBPS Clerk starts at Rs 19,521.
Additionally, the Clerk will be eligible for
- Dearness Allowance (D.A.),
- House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.) (or Lease Rental),
- City Compensatory Allowance (C.C.A.),
- Medical Allowance, and
- Other allowances, as per the norms of the company.
IBPS Clerk Free Mock Test! Yes, It is for free. Attempt Now
9. IBPS Clerk Job Profile & Career Path
After becoming a clerk in any Public sector bank, multiple opportunities can be availed by the aspirant to become the officer in the bank but there are certain constraints to that. An employee needs to complete 2 years of service with the same bank to be eligible to appear for the test for the officer rank. Public sector banks do carry out the test for promotions every 2 years. They need to apply for the promotion and appear for the examinations, like JAIIB(Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB(Certified Association of the Indian Institute of Bankers). After becoming the officer the career prospects for an employee looks like this:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief manager
- Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General manager
Want To Attempt A Mock Test For Free? Register Here
The growth of an employee is also dependent on his/her performance over the tenure with the bank. Banks do consider employees with impeccable work performance for higher positions.
This career prospect is completely under the bank’s prerogative. Banks do design these programs and implement changes as they deem fit.
10. IBPS Clerk Participating Organisation
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
11. IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation
Get started with your exam preparation for the IBPS Clerk exam 2020 with Oliveboard’s Mock Test Series. You will get access to:
- 20 Mock Tests for IBPS Clerk 2020 Prelims
- 10 Mock Tests for IBPS Clerk 2020 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
We hope now you have all the information you need about the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification 2020 like exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility, application form, salary, job profile, syllabus, preparation, etc. Let us know if you need any more information or your feedback in the comments below. All the best for your preparation.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now