IBPS Clerk is one of the most popular banking exams of the country and many aspirants start preparing for it long before the notification is released. The official notification for IBPS Clerk 2017 recruitment exam has just been released.
In this post we bring to you all that you need to know about the IBPS Clerk 2017 exam: vacancies, important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, job profile, salary and career prospects.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 : Participating Organisations
All banks participating in the in the IBPS Clerk 2017 recruitment exam are listed in the following table.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 : Eligibility
- Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years
- Age relaxation is provided as per norms
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University
- Proficiency in the language ( ability to read and write ) of state / territory ( to which a candidate wishes to apply to ) is mandatory.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 : State-wise Vacancies
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 : Important Dates
|Online Registrations Begin||12 September, 2017|
|Online Registrations End||3 October, 2017|
|Preliminary Exam Date||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th December, 2017|
|Main Exam Date||21 January 2018|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2018|
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 : Selection Process & Exam Pattern
The selection process consists of three stages, as mentioned below.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong
answer has been marked one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
The exam pattern for each stage is:-
IBPS Clerk 2017 : Preliminary Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk 2017 : Main Exam Pattern
Each candidate is required to clear both sectional and overall cutoffs to be considered for further selection.
IBPS Clerk 2017 : Provisional Allotment
The total marks allotted for Main Examination are 200. Marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional
allotment. A candidate should qualify in the CWE online Main examination and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Recruitment Exam : Job Profile
- Receive cheques, drafts, withdrawal forms, cash payment and cash passing, update passbooks, verify customer account details, signature, etc. and explain features of the banks various products to the customers.
- Hold the bank cash, bank keys, and other valuables in safe custody and be responsible for a streamlined running of the cash department.
- Monitor the work of other clerks and sub staff.
- Handle the deposit and withdrawal cash.
- Maintain a daily record of balance.
- Perform bank office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally, data entry, issue EDI stamps and issue cheque books after authentication of clients.
- Market financial products of the bank such as deposits, loans and schemes to visitors.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Recruitment Exam : Career Prospects
After becoming a bank clerk, you will get plenty of chances to get to promoted to the higher level. Most bank aspirants aim to become officers. There are two ways you can become an officer:
- Internal Examination: The most effective method of getting promoted to a higher post.
- Post-graduation Degree: Banks will consider moving you to an higher post based on your educational qualification.
Your increment as a clerk depends upon your performance during probation as well as while working various departments. After every two years, depending upon your performance, you will be selected for a senior level post and after a few years of service you will be eligible for an internal promotional exam. If you clear this exam, you will become a Trainee Officer (TO).Hope this helps.All The Best!