IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023: Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection recruits candidates for posts under the title Specialist Officer. This year, a total of 1402 vacancies have been released for IBPS SO. Candidates who wish to apply should know the eligibility criteria for IBPS SO. Only those who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. This article provides all the necessary information and criteria candidates have to check.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Overview
The notification for IBPS SO 2023 was released on 1st August 2023. Candidates can begin registering for the same. Registration will be open till 21st August 2023. You can find a brief overview of the IBPS SO notification 2023 below.
|Organization Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Post||Specialist Officer (SO)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Online Registration||1st August 2023|
|Salary||Rs 38,000/- – Rs 39,000/-|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
|Education Qualification||Graduation or Post Graduation in a specific stream depending on the post|
|Age Limit||20 – 30 years|
IBPS SO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before getting down to filling out the online application form, be sure that you have checked all eligibility requirements and that you fulfill all of them. All the information will be available to you in the official notification, which has been released on 1st August 2023. IBPS SO Exam Eligibility Criteria is divided into three heads: nationality, educational qualification, and age.
IBPS publishes the eligibility criteria for the IBPS SO Exam 2023 as per nationality, age, and educational qualification. Candidates should meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Nationality
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to 1st January 1962 intending to live in India permanently.
- Persons of Indian origin who migrated from Vietnam/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Malawi/ Zambia / Tanzania/ Uganda/ Kenya/ Sri Lanka/ Burma /Pakistan, intending to reside permanently in India, will be eligible.
Candidates belonging to categories 2, 3,4, and 5 should produce an eligibility certificate from the Indian Government whenever asked by IBPS.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Age Limit
The candidate should be 20 to 30 years of age as of 1st August 2023. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1993 and not later than 01.08.2003.
Age Relaxations for Upper Age Limit for Reserved Categories
The upper age relaxations are provided to reserved categories. The age relaxations are given below:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers, which includes ECOs/ SSCOs. These candidates must have gained at least 5 yrs of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment, including those whose assignment is due within a year.||5 years|
|Persons affected by the riots of 1984||5 years|
- The relaxation for the maximum age limit for candidates from Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class is on a cumulative basis.
- If the Schedule Tribes candidate has any physical disability, the candidate gets a relaxation of a maximum of 15 years for the upper- age limit. No other exemptions will be allowed.
- No upper age limit relaxations will be given to General and EWS candidates.
- The candidate seeking age relaxation shall produce relevant documents both in original as well as photocopies to prove their claim.
- An Ex-Serviceman who has already availed of the benefits provided to the candidate as an ex- Serviceman for re-employment will not get the benefit a second time.
- No reservation for Ex-servicemen in the Officer Cadre.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Educational Qualification
The candidate should be a graduate or have an equivalent qualification in any discipline from some recognized University.
- The candidate should pass the qualifying examination by 21.08.2023.
- The date on the mark sheet/ scorecard is considered the date of passing the degree.
- The document of educational qualification will have to be produced for document verification.
- Candidates must specify the graduation percentage, calculated to the nearest two Decimal points.
- The fraction of the percentage will be ignored. Hence, 59.99% will be considered less than 60%, and 54.99% will be considered less than 55%.
IBPS SO Post-wise Educational Criteria
The educational criteria for specific posts under the Specialist Officer head are given below.
For I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
a) 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & 3 Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation OR
b) Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications
OR Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering/ Sericulture
Marketing Officer (Scale I)
Graduate and Two Years Full-time MMS (Marketing)/ Two Years Full-time MBA (Marketing)/ Two Years Full-time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing *
HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
Graduate and Two Years Full-time Post Graduate degree or Two Years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR / HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.*
Law Officer (Scale I)
A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
Postgraduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
- The candidate must be computer savvy and with knowledge of computer systems. Knowledge of computer usage is essential for the job.
The candidate should be proficient in the written and spoken official language of the State/ Union Territory. The Candidate must know to read, write and speak the language.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. Candidates should be 20 to 30 years of age as of 1st August 2023.
A2. Yes, candidates belonging to specific categories will be entitled to age relaxation for IBPS SO 2023.
A3. Candidates should be a minimum of 20 years as of 1st August 2023.
A4. Candidates should be not more than 30 years as of 1st August 2023.
A5. Candidates should be a graduate or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Institute. Educational Qualifications specific to the posts have been provided in the article.
- IBPS SO Notification 2023 Out for 1402 Posts, Direct Link to Download PDF
- IBPS SO Salary 2023, Know the Pay Scale, Job Profile
- IBPS SO Cut Off 2023, Know Previous Year Cut Off Here
- IBPS SO Result 2023, Direct Link to Check
- IBPS SO Admit Card 2023, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
- IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023, Age Limit, Education
- IBPS SO Application Form 2023 Out, Apply Now
- IBPS SO Exam Dates 2023, Know the Schedule Here
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.