SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria 2023
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria 2023: The State Bank of India has announced the recruitment for SBI Circle Based Officers for 2023. The eligibility criteria for the same is also available now with the notification. Candidates interested in the post must be curious about the exam’s eligibility criteria. This article will provide all details of the SBI CBO eligibility, from the age requirements to work experience.
SBI CBO Eligibility 2023 – Overview
The State Bank of India conducts the SBI CBO recruitment every year. This year they have released a total of 5280 regular and 167 backlog vacancies for the same. The following table provides a brief overview of the latest recruitment notice for SBI CBO:
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Circle Based Officer (CBO)|
|Vacancies||5280 (+167 backlog)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Application Process||22nd November to 12th December 2023|
|Exam Rounds||Online Test, Interview|
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria
The SBI CBO recruitment has a set of stipulations and criteria that candidates have to meet. Those who meet the criteria can apply and appear for the recruitment process. Conversely, those who are ineligible cannot appear for the exam and will be disqualified. Hence, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria carefully. This section covers the eligibility criteria for SBI CBO 2023.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University in India or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
The age limit for SBI CBO is as follows: not below 21 years and Not above 30 years as on 31.10.2023 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 31.10.2002 and not earlier than 01.11.1993 (both days inclusive).
SBI CBO Age Relaxation
Specific categories of students will receive upper age limit relaxation. Below is the age relaxation provided according to various categories.
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|General (PWD)||10 years|
|OBC/ OBC(PWD)||13 years|
|Eligible – Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ |
Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and
have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application)
otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or
physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
SBI CBO Experience
SBI CBO is a post that demands prior work experience in a bank setting. The following are the conditions for the same.
- Recent graduates cannot apply for the SBI CBO as SBI is demanding a minimum of 2 years experience as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank / any Regional Rural Bank.
- Candidates working with subsidiaries of Scheduled Commercial Banks will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates working in SBI in a clerical/ supervisory cadre or employees engaged on a contract basis will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have resigned from officer grade in SBI will not be eligible to apply.
SBI CBO Local Language
Those applying for SBI CBO should know the local language requirements.
- Candidates applying for vacancies of a State have to produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specific local language of the applied State as one of the subjects.
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular Circle, should be proficient (reading, writing and understanding) in any one of the specified local languages of that Circle (mentioned against each Circle) to be selected by candidate at the time of registration of application.
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The SBI CBO 2023 age limit is 21 to 30 years.
A2. The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University in India or have any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
A3. No, Minimum 2 years’ experience required for SBI Circle Based Officers (CBO) 2022 exam.
A4. Candidates should be proficient in the local language of the Circle they’re applying to.
- SBI CBO Salary 2023, Know Pay Scale, Job Description
- SBI CBO Cut Off 2023, Know Previous Year Cut Off
- SBI CBO Result 2023, Direct Link to Check
- SBI CBO Notification 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- SBI CBO Admit Card 2023, Direct Link to Download
- SBI CBO Selection Procedure 2023, Know Recruitment Process
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.