SBI CBO Notification 2024
SBI CBO Notification 2024: The State Bank of India will announce the SBI CBO Recruitment 2024 on its official website. Candidates interested in joining the recruitment for Circle Based Officers should go through the following article for the all the information. The selection will be based on the performance of a candidate in an Online Test and Interview. Read below to know everything on SBI CBO Exam 2024.
SBI CBO Notification – Download Link
The SBI CBO 2024 Notification PDF is a very important document for the recruitment process. It has all the information about when to apply, how to apply, the number of job openings, the different stages of recruitment, salary details, and more. The official release of the SBI CBO 2024 Notification will be on the official website and the direct link to download the notification is given below.
Download SBI CBO Notification 2024 Here [Inactive]
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Apply Link
The State Bank of India will provide the application link after the release the notification. The last date to apply will be provided in the notification as well. Make sure to finish the registration within this time. We’ll provide the link in this article for you to apply easily. Just click on the link to complete your registration.
SBI CBO Application Link 2024 LIVE HERE [Inactive]
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Overview
The SBI CBO stands for State Bank of India Circle Based Officers, which is one of the very sought-after positions among graduates. State Bank of India will announce the recruitment for the same. Before that, let’s have a look at a glimpse of the SBI CBO 2024 Exam through the table below-
|State Bank of India
|Circle Based Officer (CBO)
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|Online Test, Interview
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Important Dates
For any candidate joining a recruitment process, it is necessary to know the schedule of the process. This includes dates for events like application closure, call letter downloads, exam dates, result announcements, etc. Candidates can find the SBI CBO 2024 dates below.
|SBI CBO Notification PDF
|SBI CBO Apply Online Starts
|Online Registration Ends on
|Last Date for Editing the Application
|SBI CBO Call Letter
|SBI CBO 2024 Exam Date
|SBI CBO Result 2024
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Vacancy
the State Bank of India releases a number of vacancies every year for the post of SBI Circle Based Officer. The details of the vacancies will be provided in the official notification when SBI releases it. Last year, SBI released a total of 5280 regular vacancies and 167 backlog vacancies for SBI CBO 2023. The previous year vacancies shared below.
SBI CBO Regular Vacancies
There were a total of 5280 regular vacancies releases last year. Candidates can find the circle and category-based distribution of the same in the table below.
|Hindi / Urdu
SBI CBO Backlog Vacancies 2023
The backlog vacancies for SBI Circle Based Officers 2023 recruitment is as follows:
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Eligibility Criteria
The SBI CBO recruitment has a set of stipulations and criteria that candidates have to meet. Those who meet the criteria can apply and appear for the recruitment process. Conversely, those who are ineligible cannot appear for the exam and will be disqualified. Hence, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria carefully. This section covers the eligibility criteria for SBI CBO 2024.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University in India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The age limit for SBI CBO is as follows-
Below is the age relaxation provided according to various categories.
SBI CBO Age Relaxation
Specific categories of students will receive upper age limit relaxation. The following table gives the details for this.
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Eligible – Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/
Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and
have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application)
otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or
physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
SBI CBO Experience
SBI CBO is a post that demands prior work experience in a bank setting. The following are the conditions for the same.
- Recent graduates cannot apply for the SBI CBO as SBI is demanding a minimum of 2 years experience as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank / any Regional Rural Bank.
- Candidates working with subsidiaries of Scheduled Commercial Banks will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates working in SBI in a clerical/ supervisory cadre or employees engaged on a contract basis will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have resigned from officer grade in SBI will not be eligible to apply.
SBI CBO local language
Those applying for SBI CBO should know the local language requirements.
- Candidates applying for vacancies of a State have to produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specific local language of the applied State as one of the subjects.
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular Circle, should be proficient (reading, writing and understanding) in any one of the specified local languages of that Circle (mentioned against each Circle) to be selected by candidate at the time of registration of application.
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Application Form
This section covers the prerequisites and steps to apply for SBI CBO 2024.
The permissible size of the photograph must be 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm and the photograph must be of passport size with white background. Both the photograph and the signature must be clear and legible. Permissible file size of the photograph must be of minimum 20 KB and of maximum 50 KB and that of the signature must be of minimum 10 KB and of maximum 20 KB.
Steps to Apply Online for SBI CBO 2024 Exam
The following are the steps to apply for SBI CBO 2024.
- Visit the official website of the State Bank of India @sbi.co.in
- In the bottom left corner of the homepage, click on the “Careers” option.
- A new page with URL- https://sbi.co.in/web/careers opens.
- Click on the “Current Openings” tab.
- Search for “Recruitment of Circle Based Officer (Advertisement No. CRPD/ CBO/ 2024)” in the Current Opening section and then click on it.
- Click for the “Apply Online” button and then a new page appears on the screen.
- Click on the “NEW REGISTRATION” button provided in the topmost right corner.
- Start your application process for SBI CBO 2024 by providing your basic details such as name, contact number, email id, etc., and click on the save and next button. You will get a mail & message containing login id & password.
- Login with the registration ID and password generated
- Upload your photograph and signature in the required format as provided by the State Bank of India.
- Fill in your academic details, professional qualification, and experience in this step of your online application process for the SBI CBO 2024 Exam. Click on the save and next button after filling in the details.
- Preview your application form and pay the required application fee through online mode.
- Click on the “Submit” button. Your application form will be submitted successfully, download, and keep it for future reference.
SBI CBO 2024 Application Fee
The online application fee for SBI CBO 2024 exam fee has already been released. A total of Rs. 750/- is to be paid by candidates belonging to General Category as the application fee for SBI Circle Based Officer 2024 exam. The same amount is narrowed down to Rs. 0/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
Points to keep in mind
Please keep in mind the following points while applying for SBI CBO 2024.
- The candidate will have to apply for vacancy of one Circle only. A candidate applying
against vacancy of one Circle will not be eligible to apply against vacancy of any other
- Candidature of the applicant will be considered only against the vacancies in the Circle for which he/ she has applied/ opted. Merit list will be drawn Circle wise and category wise.
- Selected candidates will be posted in the Circle against whose vacancy they are selected.
- The selected candidates will not be entitled to inner-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Selection Procedure
SBI CBO Selection will be done on the basis of performance in the written test, Screening test, and interview.
Merit list will be drawn Circle wise and Category wise on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in Online Test. There will be no sectional qualifying marks. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the Circle wise and Category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for Screening from the top of the merit list drawn on Circle wise and Category wise subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score, as decided by the Bank.
Online applications and documents of candidates, who are shortlisted based on performance in online examinations, will be placed before the Screening Committee. The Screening Committee constituted by the Bank will examine whether the candidates fulfill the required eligibility criteria of experience.
The Committee will match the job profile submitted by the candidates (certified by their existing/ previous employer(s) with whom they are/were employed) with the job profile of Scale-I Generalist Officer of the State Bank of India. In case their job profile does not match substantially or is different than the job profile of Scale-I Generalist Officer of State Bank of India, then the application of the candidate will be summarily rejected.
The decision of the Bank in this regard would be final and binding on all candidates. No representation or correspondence will be entertained by the Bank in this regard. The candidates, who fulfil the required experience as decided by the Screening Committee, will be called for interview.
The interview will consist of 50 marks. Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in interview to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank.
The candidates will have to qualify both in Online Test and Interview separately. The marks obtained in Online Test, both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Interview for preparing the final merit list. Final merit list would be prepared based on normalization of marks scored in Online Test and Interview with 75:25 weightage respectively.
Marks secured by the candidates in the Online Test (out of 170 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Interview scores of candidates (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list (Circle wise and category wise) is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Online Test and Interview. Selection will be made from the top ranked candidates in merit list prepared on Circle wise and Category wise.
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Exam Pattern
The total time duration for SBI CBO Online test is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Check the section-wise exam pattern for the online examination below.
SBI CBO Online test
The exam pattern for the SBI CBO online test is as follows-
|Name of Test
|No of Questions
SBI CBO Descriptive test
The descriptive test will test the candidate’s ability to write long-form content. The type of questions will be as given below.
|No of Questions
|Essay-250 words on banking related
Penalty for Wrong Answers: There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question too.
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Syllabus
The exam for SBI CBO consists of 4 subjects – English, Banking Knowledge, Computer Aptitude, General/Economic Awareness. Here the SBI CBO syllabus 2024 is tabulated below.
Fill in the Blanks
|Latest Banking updates
Important banking concepts
Government schemes related to Banking sector
Types of money and measures of money supply
Financial institutions and Financial regulators in India
Currency circulation and management
Banking and Financial Awareness
Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies
Basic of Logic Gates
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Salary
The initial salary of a “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) will be in the scale of JMGS-I (36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2- 49910-1990/7-63840), at the start of the scale i.e. Rs. 36,000/- plus one increment for each completed year of service rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank.
|Dearness Allowance (DA)
|Rs. 16,884 (46.9% of basic)
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)
|City Compensatory Allowances (CCA)
SBI CBO Career Path
After joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) and will be on probation for a period of 6 months.
The CBOs will be subjected to continuous assessment during the probation period for judging their suitability for confirmation. The candidates who qualify in their assessment as per standards determined by the Bank from time to time will be confirmed in the service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I). If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standards stipulated, his/ her services may be terminated as per the policy of the Bank in force at the material time.
The selected officers will be in the general cadre and will be governed by the promotion policy applicable for Bank’s general cadre officers. The selected candidates will not be entitled to inner-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO Notification 2024 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. SBI will release the SBI CBO 2024 notification soon.
A2. The last date to apply online for SBI Circle Based Officers (CBO) will be given in the official notification.
A3. No, Minimum 2 years’ experience required for SBI Circle Based Officers (CBO) 2024 exam.
A4. SBI will release the number of vacancies for SBI CBO in the notification.
A5. The SBI CBO exam date will be informed the official notification.
- SBI CBO Salary 2024, Know Pay Scale, Job Description
- SBI CBO Cut Off 2024, Know Previous Year Cut Off
- SBI CBO Selection Procedure 2024, Know Recruitment Process
- SBI CBO Syllabus 2024, Know Topics, Exam Pattern
- SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria 2024, Age, Education, Work Experience
- SBI CBO Application Form 2024, Last Day to Apply
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.