The SEBI Grade A Officer 2020 Notification is out. Everyone is asking about the SEBI Grade A Salary and Job Profile. If you are still not sure whether to apply for SEBI Grade A 2020 Exam, then you are at the right place. I will try and help you make the right decision.
In this blog on SEBI Grade A Officer Salary & Job profile 2020, I will take you through –
- Monthly SEBI Grade A Officer Salary (Let me tell you straight away. It is more than 1 Lakh per month)
- Complete SEBI Salary Structure
- Full list of SEBI Grade A Allowances & Benefits
- Detailed SEBI Grade A Office Job Profile where we will talk about:
- Training, Probation & Posting
- Responsibilities & duties
- Working hours
- Career Path & Promotions
This information would be followed by a few Frequently asked questions about SEBI Grade A Officer Salary & Job Profile.
To be able to earn the Salary of SEBI Grade A Officer, you will have to first clear the SEBI Recruitment Exam. You can start preparing for the same with a FREE Mock Test right away.
If you are still here, it means you want to read more about the SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile. So, let us begin:
- SEBI Grade A Salary 2020
- SEBI Grade A Job Profile
- 1) Training of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- 2) Probation of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- 3) Bond for SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- 4) Posting of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- 5) Responsibilities & duties of a SEBI Grade A Officer.
- 6) Working hours of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- 7) Promotion (Career Path) of a SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
- FAQs about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile
- SEBI Grade A Free Study Material PDF 2020
SEBI Grade A Salary 2020
What is SEBI Grade a Monthly In-hand Salary?
A SEBI Grade A Officer can earn a gross monthly salary of ₹1,07,000 p.m. (without accommodation) & ₹73,000 p.m. (with accommodation). This amount includes NPS Contribution, Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, DA, HRA, etc.
SEBI Grade A Salary Structure
|Basic pay||Rs 28150/- per month|
|Pay Scale||Rs. Rs. 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years).|
SEBI has given the detailed pay scale for each officer grade here.
I know the values mentioned in the Pay-scale column above are a little confusing. Don’t worry. I will explain it to you:
- In the first year, the SEBI Grade A officer basic pay will be ₹28,150.
- These would be 4 annual increments of ₹1550.
- So After 5 years, your basic pay would be ₹34,450.
- From 6th to 12th year of your service (7 years) you will get an annual increment of ₹1,750.
- So, at the end of the 12th year of your service, your Basic pay would be ₹46,600.
- EB stands for Efficiency Bar.
- Then next 4 annual increments would be of ₹1,750. Thus, taking the Basic pay to ₹53,600.
- Next annual increment would be of ₹2,000. Which mean the basic pay would be ₹55,600 at the end of 17th year.
SEBI Grade A Allowances & Benefits
Along with the Basic Pay component, various Allowances and benefits are also part of the SEBI Grade A Officer Salary. In this section, we will have a look at the full list of Allowances and Benefits. A SEBI Grade A Officer is entitled to all these benefits during his service tenure
List of Allowances of SEBI Grade A Officer
1) Dearness Allowance
2) Family Allowance
3) Local Allowance,
4) House Cleaning Allowance and more.
Benefits of working in SEBI
1) Leave Fare Concession
2) Medical Expenses
3) Eye Refraction
4) Education Allowance
5) Financial Dailies
6) Book Grant
8) Conveyance Expenses
9) Staff Furnishing Scheme
10) Scheme for Purchasing Computers
11) Subsidized Lunch Facility, etc.
All these Allowances and Benefits included in the SEBI Grade A Salary is what makes this most one of the most sought after Government Job in India.
So, Are you motivated enough to prepare and clear the SEBI Grade A Recruitment Exam 2020?. If yes, then without wasting any time, take a FREE Mock Test Now to know where you stand with your preparation. (You just need to register (it is FREE) to be able to take the test.)
This was all about the Salary of a SEBI Grade A Officer to be recruited in 2020. Now Let’s move ahead.
It’s time to have a look at the Job Profile of a SEBI Grade A Officer.
SEBI Grade A Job Profile
1) Training of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
Once you are selected as a SEBI Grade A Officer you would undergo a fixed Training Program. It is usually conducted at SEBI Headquarters located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2) Probation of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
A SEBI Grade A Officer is under probation for 2 years from the time of her/his joining. On Successful completion of the Probation, The selected candidate is made a permanent Officer of SEBI.
3) Bond for SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
SEBI Grade A Recruitment does not have any provision of a Bond for a Fixed period of employment.
4) Posting of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
After getting selected as SEBI Grade A Officer, You would be posted at any of the Regional Offices of SEBI Located throughout the country. The SEBI Offices are normally located in major cities of India.
5) Responsibilities & duties of a SEBI Grade A Officer.
As mentioned in the SEBI 2020 Recruitment Notification for Grade A Officer Post, There are different streams for which a Grade A Officer is selected.
Each stream or department has a specific set of functions which you would have to perform. This functions and duties would be made clear to you after the joining & also in training.
Irrespective of the Department/Stream, All the duties and responsibilities of SEBI Grade A Officer are in line with the overall responsibilities of SEBI as an organisation. These responsibilities are as follows:
- Approval of stock exchanges by-laws.
- Amendment of by-laws of Stock Exchanges.
- Inspection of Accounts of Stock Exchanges and various players.
- Identify and Investigate any malpractices within Securities Markets.
- Taking steps for increasing Investors knowledge on Securities Markets.
- Suspension of Security Tradings of a Stock Exchange.
- Granting and Withdrawing Recognition of a Stock Exchange.
6) Working hours of SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
The normal office timings of a SEBI Grade A Officer is from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. These timings may vary based on the workload or department.
7) Promotion (Career Path) of a SEBI Grade A Officer 2020
The first promotion a SEBI Grade A Officer is eligible for is to SEBI Grade B Officer. The period of service required for this promotion is usually 3 years.
However, it could vary depending on the Grade B Vacancies or other internal promotion policies of SEBI. You would also need to appear in a Promotion test to get the promotion.
The Promotion Ladder (Career Path) you could climb as a SEBI Grade A Officer is given below:
After Chief GM, the next position is of Executive Head.
This brings us to the end of SEBI Grade A Officer Job Profile Section. I hope you have understood the information given above and found it useful.
SEBI Grade A Topper of 2018 – Rajendra Sunder Raj, said “Practice, practice, practice.” Is the strategy to succeed in SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam. (You can start your practice here).
Read his complete success story here
FAQs about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile
Q. What is SEBI grade A officer?
- SEBI Grade A Officer is an Assistant Manager Level Post at SEBI (Securities & Exchange Board of India). SEBI is India’s Highest Regulatory Body of Security Markets like SENSEX, NIFTY, etc.
Q. Which is better SEBI Grade A or RBI Grade B?
- Both SEBI Grade A and RBI Grade B Posts are good. They are at the same level within their respective institutes SEBI & RBI. It comes down to personal choice. If you like Security Markets, then SEBI Grade A is better. If you like Banking & Financial Regulation then RBI Grade B is better.
Q. Is SEBI a government job?
- Yes. SEBI Grade A Officer is a Government Job. SEBI is a Statutory Body that draws its powers from the SEBI Act of 1992, passed by the Indian Parliament.
This brings us to the end of our blog about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile. I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you liked it, please share it with your friends through social media channels. If you have any other queries, you can mention them in the comments below and I will try to answer them. All the best for the SEBI Grade A Exam preparation.
SEBI Grade A Free Study Material PDF 2020
Download these eBooks for free. Just sign up or log in and get the PDF downloaded.
- SEBI Grade A 2020 – Mock Numerical Questions PDF
- Finance Current Affairs One Liners – September – November 2020
- Management MCQs – RBI Grade B & SEBI Grade A
- SEBI Grade A 2020 Model Test Paper
- 100 Financial Awareness Questions
- Finance Current Affairs One Liners – January-August 2020
- Free PDF: Union Budget: Terms & Definitions
- Introduction to Corporate Governance
- Financial Inclusion
- Communication: Process, Types & Models
- Inflation: Causes & Types
- SEBI Grade A Monthly Magazine – January 2020
- Paper 2 Questions with Solutions
- Leadership Theories
- National Income Accounting
- Basics of Finance
- Basics of Economics
- Basics of Bonds
- Time Value of Money (TVM)
- Balance of Payments (BoP)
- Financial/Accounting Ratios
- Basics of Derivatives
- Introduction to Financial/Securities Markets
- Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCA)
- Alternate Sources of Finance
- Banking Regulations & Basel Accords
- Credit Rating Agencies in India
- Introduction to Lean Systems
- SEBI Grade A Paper 2 Model Paper
- Basics of Accounting
- Introduction to Costing
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now