The SEBI Grade A officer 2023 notification can be out on the official website in the month of January 2023. We’re pretty sure you would like to be well informed about the salary and job profile for SEBI Grade A officer post. The majority of the information you need is in this blog post, which we have researched, compiled and put together for you!
In this blog on SEBI Grade A officer salary & job profile, we will take you through –
- Monthly SEBI Grade A Officer Salary (Let me tell you straight away. It is more than 1 Lakh per month)
- Complete SEBI Salary Structure
- Full list of SEBI Grade A Allowances & Benefits
- Detailed SEBI Grade A Office Job Profile where we will talk about:
- Training, Probation & Posting
- Responsibilities & duties
- Working hours
- Career Path & Promotions
This information would be followed by a few Frequently asked questions about SEBI Grade A Officer Salary & Job Profile.
To be able to earn the salary of a SEBI Grade A officer, you will have to first clear the SEBI recruitment exam. You can start preparing for the same with Oliveboard’s online courses.
If you are still here, it means you want to read more about the SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile. So, let us begin:
Table of Contents
- SEBI Grade A Salary (Assistant Manager Post)
- SEBI Grade A Officer’s Job Profile
- FAQs about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile
- SEBI Grade Exam Preparation 2023
- SEBI Grade A Online Course 2023
SEBI Grade A Salary (Assistant Manager Post)
What is SEBI Grade a Monthly Gross Salary?
A SEBI Grade A Officer can earn a gross monthly salary of ₹1,40,500 per month (without accommodation) & ₹1,06,000 per month (with accommodation). This amount includes NPS Contribution, Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, DA, HRA, etc.
SEBI Grade A Salary Structure
|Pay Scale||44500-2500 (4) – 54500-2850 (7) – 74450-EB-2850(4) – 85850-3300(1) 89150 (17 years)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 44,500|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 22,846|
|Grade Allowance||Rs. 10,400|
|Special Allowance||Rs. 8250|
|Learning Allowance||Rs. 2500|
|Special Grade Allowance||Rs. 2250|
|Local Allowance||Rs. 2225|
|Family Allowance||Rs. 1780|
SEBI has given the detailed pay scale for each officer grade here.
I know the values mentioned in the Pay-scale column above are a little confusing. Don’t worry. I will explain it to you:
- In the first year, the SEBI Grade A officer’s basic pay will be ₹44,500.
- These would be 4 annual increments of ₹2500.
- So After 5 years, your basic pay would be ₹54,500.
- From the 6th to the 12th year of your service (7 years) you will get an annual increment of ₹2850 in your basic pay.
- So, at the end of the 12th year of your service, your Basic pay would be ₹74,450.
- EB stands for Efficiency Bar.
- The next 4 annual increments would be ₹2850. Thus, taking the Basic pay to ₹85,850.
- The next annual increment in your basic pay would be ₹ 3300. This means the basic pay would be ₹89,150 at the end of the 17th year.
SEBI Grade A Allowances & Benefits
Along with the basic pay component, various allowances and benefits are also part of the SEBI Grade A officer’s salary. In this section, we will have a look at the full list of allowances and benefits. A SEBI Grade A officer is entitled to all these benefits during his service tenure.
List of Allowances for a SEBI Grade A Officer
1) Dearness Allowance
2) Family Allowance
3) Local Allowance,
4) Special Allowance
5) Grade Allowance
6) Personal Fixed Allowance
7) Special Compensatory Allowance
8) City Compensatory Allowance
9) Learning Allowance
10. Housing Rent Allowance
Benefits of Working in SEBI
1) Leave Fare Concession
2) Medical Expenses
3) Eye Refraction
4) Education Allowance
5) Financial Dailies
6) Book Grant
8) Conveyance Expenses
9) Staff Furnishing Scheme
10) Scheme for Purchasing Computers
11) Subsidized Lunch Facility, etc.
All these allowances and benefits are included in the SEBI Grade A salary, making it one of the most sought-after government jobs in India.
So, are you motivated enough to prepare and clear the SEBI Grade A recruitment Exam 2020? If yes, then without wasting any time, take a FREE Mock Test Now to know where you stand with your preparation. (You just need to register (it is FREE) to be able to take the test.)
This was all about the salary of a SEBI Grade A officer to be recruited in 2023. Now Let’s move ahead.
It’s time to have a look at the Job Profile of a SEBI Grade A Officer.
DOWNLOAD THE RBI, NABARD, SEBI Prep App FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
The app provides comprehensive study material in form of online courses to ace these examinations.
The study material ranges from online LIVE classes, video lectures, study notes, revision sessions, past year papers, topic tests, the objective plus descriptive mock tests, mock interviews and much more.
List of Exams
1) RBI Grade B Generalist Posts
2) SEBI Grade A Generalist Posts
3) NABARD Grade A Generalist Posts
4) NABARD Grade A IT Officer Posts
5) NABARD Grade A Agriculture Officer Posts
6) NABARD Grade B Posts
7) SIDBI Grade A Officer Posts
8) FSSAI Recruitment – For Technical officers, Food Safety Officers and Assistants
Get free video lessons, mock tests and GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SEBI Grade A Officer’s Job Profile
1) Training of SEBI Grade A Officer
Once you are selected as a SEBI Grade A Officer you would undergo a fixed Training Program. It is usually conducted at SEBI Headquarters located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2) Probation of SEBI Grade A Officer
A SEBI Grade A Officer is under probation for 2 years from the time of her/his joining. On Successful completion of the Probation, The selected candidate is made a permanent Officer of SEBI.
3) Bond for SEBI Grade A Officer
SEBI Grade A Recruitment does not have any provision of a bond for a fixed period of employment.
4) Posting of SEBI Grade A Officer
After getting selected as SEBI Grade A Officer, You would be posted at any of the Regional Offices of SEBI Located throughout the country. The SEBI Offices are normally located in major cities of India.
5) Responsibilities & duties of a SEBI Grade A Officer.
As mentioned in the SEBI recruitment notification for Grade A officer post, There are different streams for which a Grade A officer is selected.
Each stream or department has a specific set of functions which you would have to perform. These functions and duties would be made clear to you after the joining & also in training.
Irrespective of the Department/Stream, All the duties and responsibilities of the SEBI Grade A Officer are in line with the overall responsibilities of SEBI as an organisation. These responsibilities are as follows:
- Approval of stock exchanges by-laws.
- Amendment of by-laws of Stock Exchanges.
- Inspection of Accounts of Stock Exchanges and various players.
- Identify and Investigate any malpractices within Securities Markets.
- Taking steps for increasing investors’ knowledge of Securities Markets.
- Suspension of Security Tradings of a Stock Exchange.
- Granting and Withdrawing Recognition of a Stock Exchange.
6) Working hours of SEBI Grade A Officer
The normal office timings of a SEBI Grade A Officer are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. These timings may vary based on the workload or department.
7) Promotion (Career Path) of a SEBI Grade A Officer
The first promotion a SEBI Grade A Officer is eligible for is to SEBI Grade B Officer. The period of service required for this promotion is usually 3 years.
However, it could vary depending on the Grade B Vacancies or other internal promotion policies of SEBI. You would also need to appear in a Promotion test to get the promotion.
The Promotion Ladder (Career Path) you could climb as a SEBI Grade A Officer is given below:
After Chief GM, the next position is Executive Head.
This brings us to the end of the SEBI Grade A Officer Job Profile Section. I hope you have understood the information given above and found it helpful.
SEBI Grade A Topper of 2018 – Rajendra Sunder Raj, said “Practice, practice, practice.” This is the strategy to succeed in SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam. (You can start your practice here).
Read his complete success story here.
FAQs about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile
Q. What is SEBI grade A officer?
- SEBI Grade A Officer is an Assistant Manager Level Post at SEBI (Securities & Exchange Board of India). SEBI is India’s Highest Regulatory Body of Security Markets like SENSEX, NIFTY, etc.
Q. Which is better SEBI Grade A or RBI Grade B?
- Both SEBI Grade A and RBI Grade B Posts are good. They are at the same level within their respective institutes SEBI & RBI. It comes down to personal choice. If you like Security Markets, then SEBI Grade A is better. If you like Banking & Financial Regulation then RBI Grade B is better.
Q. Is SEBI a government job?
- Yes. SEBI Grade A Officer is a Government Job. SEBI is a Statutory Body that draws its powers from the SEBI Act of 1992, passed by the Indian Parliament.
This brings us to the end of our blog about SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile. I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you liked it, please share it with your friends through social media channels. If you have any other queries, you can mention them in the comments below and I will try to answer them. All the best for the SEBI Grade A Exam preparation.
SEBI Grade Exam Preparation 2023
SEBI Exam being one of the most awaited yet toughest exams need thorough preparation and practice. One must not wait for the exam dates to be out to start preparing for it because it is difficult to prepare the vast syllabus in such a short period. Start with SEBI Free Mock Test to kickstart your preparation. This would help you analyze your strengths as well as weaknesses and accordingly you can plan your strategy.
SEBI Grade A Online Course 2023
We at Oliveboard are here with comprehensive study courses for the SEBI Gr. A 2023 exam. The study material ranges from videos + notes for Paper 2 subjects to current affairs capsules and mock tests for Phases 1 & 2.
SEBI Grade A Course Highlights:
- Videos + Notes for Paper 2 Subjects
- CA Coverage + Descriptive English
- 50+ Topic Tests for 6 subjects of Paper 2
- 10 Phase 1, Paper 1 Full-Length Mock Tests
- 10 Phase 1, Paper 2 Full-Length Mock Tests
- 10 Phase 2, Paper 2 Full-Length Mock Tests
Get expert guidance and complete study material handy to prepare from the comfort of your homes!
SEBI Exam Preparation Strategy 2022
Know here how to prepare for SEBI Grade A Officer 2022.
Connect with us on
I enjoy creating SEO-friendly, information-rich marketing content. Cooking is therapeutic! I like to cook and eat it too!
- Free Mock Tests, Courses, Videos and Ebooks – DOWNLOAD Oliveboard App
- Attempt Free SBI PO Mock Test now
- Attempt IBPS SO 2022 – Free Mock Test
- Attempt Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test now
- Latest Pattern SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Test – Attempt Now
- Latest Pattern SSC CHSL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Mock Tests – Attempt Now