The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). The notification amidst this ongoing pandemic has induced a wave of excitement amongst the aspirants. In this blog, SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 we will share with you the details of exam pattern, Age Limit, Vacancy, etc. Read along to know more.
Want To Attempt SSC CPO Mock Test For Free? Register Here
- SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Post Details
- SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Important Dates
- SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
- SSC CPO 2020 Apply Online Now
- SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Application Fee
- SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment Notification – Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Vacancies
- SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Post & Salary
- SSC CPO 2020 Detailed Notification | Download Here
- SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Preference for Posts
- SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment Notification – Selection Procedure
SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Post Details
The details of posts are as under:
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400- 1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
Sub-Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi
SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Important Dates
- Submission of online applications: 17-06-2020 to 16-07-2020
- Last date and time for receipt of applications: 16-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 18-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 20-07-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22-07-2020
- Dates of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I): 23.11.2020 to 26.11.2020 (updated notice on 21.07.2020)
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-II): 01-03-2021
The new updated schedule for the SSC CPO Tier 1 can be found here which is declared by the SSC authorities.
SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
The age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01.01.2020. i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001).
2. Educational qualifications (as on 01-01-2020)
Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
Check Your All India Standing. Register Here For Free Mock Test
SSC CPO 2020 Apply Online Now
How To Apply?
The process for applying in the SSC CPO examination is distributed into 2 steps:
- One time Registration
- Filling Online form for the Examination
SSC CPO Apply Online 2019- Registrations
One Time Registration
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ button in the ‘Login’ section of https://ssc.nic.in/
- Fill up basic details, contact details. The system will prompt you to fill Aadhar number, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, etc. to be filled twice just to avoid any mismatch.
- Fill your Name, father’s name. Mother’s name and date of birth exactly similar to the one mentioned in your 10th Marksheet.
- Full details of 10th Standard, like Roll number, Year of Passing, and Board, Gender, Highest Qualification, Mobile Number, Email Id.
- Your Registration number and your password will be provided to you on your mobile number and email id
- Log in to the system with your registration number and password, it will prompt you to change the password. After successful updation of password, login again.
- Provide information about your category, nationality, and visible identification marks. Please keep in mind that you may have to show this identification mark at any point in the selection procedure.
- Provide information about your permanent and present address.
- Upload Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature.
- Upon clicking “Final Submit‟ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter one of the two OTPs at the designated field to complete the Registration Process.
- Please keep in mind to fill the application form before 14 days of the one-time registration or else your details will be auto lapsed from the server.
Online Application Form
- Log in to the online system using your Registration Number and password.
- Click ‘Apply’ link in Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and ASI in CISF Examination 2019 section under Latest Notifications’tab.
- Details in Section 1- 14 will be automatically filled from your one-time registration form.
- Fill details regarding OBC Section and EWS section if you belong to one.
- Give your preference for the Exam Centres. You may choose Examination Centres within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centres must be given in the order of preference.
- If you belong to an Ex-servicemen status, fill the necessary details.
- Please indicate your highest qualification
- Information regarding your present and permanent address will be auto-filled from your one-time registration form.
- Information regarding your photograph and signature will be auto-filled from your one-time registration form.
- Read the declaration carefully and click ‘I Agree’.
- You will be guided to the Payment Section.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
After Successful application form fill-up, your application will be accepted provisionally. You can take a printout of the form for records.
SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa MasterCard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branch by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying a fee.
SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment Notification – Exam Pattern
Scheme of Examination
The examination will consist of
2. Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET),
3. Paper-II and
4. Medical Examination (DME).
All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests are as follows:
|Date of Examination||Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
29-09-2020 to 05-10-2020
|I||General Intelligence &Reasoning||50/ 50||
|II||General Knowledge & General Awareness||50/ 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude||50/ 50|
|IV||English Comprehension||50/ 50|
Want To Know Types Of Questions Asked In the SSC CPO Exam? Take A Free Mock Test Here
|Date of Examination||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|01-03-2021||English language & Comprehension||200/ 200||2 Hours|
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II, and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
SSC CPO Recruitment Notification 2020 | Vacancies
The tentative Vacancies are as follows:
(a) Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police (Male): 91
(b) Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police (Female): 78
(c) Sub-Inspector (GD) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs): Male 1342 | Female 53
SSC CPO 2020 Notification – Post & Salary
The details of the posts are as under:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
SSC CPO 2020 Detailed Notification | Download Here
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Preference for Posts
During Document Verification, candidates shall be required to indicate the posts/ Force for which they would like to be considered, in the order of preference. The detail of various posts are as follows:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (A)
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (B)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (C)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (D)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (E)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (F)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (G)
Want To Know Types Of Questions Asked In the SSC CPO Exam? Take A Free Mock Test Here
SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment Notification – Selection Procedure
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
- PET/ PST is mandatory but qualifying in nature. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II Examination.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows: UR: 30%; OBC/ EWS: 25%; All other categories: 20%.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to come for Document Verification. Those failing to do so will not be considered for final selection.
- Candidates are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of Document Verification.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
1. Physical Standard Test (for all Posts)
|Sr. No.||Category of candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)|
|(i)||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|(ii)||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|(iii)||For all candidates belonging toScheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(iv)||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|(v)||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(vi)||For all female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
2. Weight – Corresponding to height (for all posts).
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
1. For male candidates only:
- 100-metre race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
2. For female candidates only
- 100-metre race in 18 seconds 18.104.22.168.2.
- 800-metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-IX from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.
Medical standard (For all Posts)
1. Medical Examination
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- The decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. In a right-handed person, the right eye is a better eye and vice versa.
3. The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
4. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
5. Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope.
- Monkey Crawl
Compete With Toppers Here. Attempt A Free SSC CPO Mock Test
6. Tattoo: Tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only:
- Content: Tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb, or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials :
- Free GK Ebook – List of CMs, Governors, and CJIs (June– 2020)
- Important Summits and Conferences 2018 – Free Current Affairs Ebook
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf