SSC GD Constable Exam is a very popular exam. The pride of serving in the security forces among candidates have raised its demand. Year after year, the number of people applying for the SSC GD exam grows. SSC has announced more than 25000 vacancies for SSC GD Constable 2021 Recruitment.
SSC GD Constable Exam is a national wide exam conducted to recruit candidates for the posts of General Duty (GD) and Riffle man (General Duty) in the following Central Armed Forces-
- Bоrder Seсurity Fоrсe (BSF)
- Сentrаl Reserve Роliсe Fоrсe (СRРF)
- Sаshаstrа Seemа Bаl (SSB)
- Seсretаriаt Seсurity Fоrсe (SSF)
- Сentrаl Industriаl Seсurity Fоrсe (СISF)
- Indо Tibetаn Bоrder Роliсe (ITBР)
- Nаtiоnаl Investigаtiоn Аgenсy (NIА)
- SSC GD Constable Exam Notification Overview
- SSC GD Constable Exam: Important Exam Dates
- SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
- SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus and Pattern
- Frequency of SSC GD Constable Exam
- How to apply for SSC GD Constable Exam?
- SSC GD Constable Admit Card
- SSC GD Constable Answer Key
- SSC GD Constable Cut Off
- SSC GD Selection Process
- Preparation tips for the SSC GD Constable Exam
- SSC GD Constable 2021 FAQs
SSC GD Constable Exam Notification Overview
|Recruiting Body||The Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the post||Constable – General Duty|
|Pay Scale||Pay Level 3 – Rs 21,700 – Rs 69,100|
|Advertisement Number||F. No. 3-1/2020-P&P-I|
|Notification Date||17th July 2021|
|Total number of vacancies||25,271|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Process starting date||17th July 2021|
|Application Process ending date||31st August 2021|
|Educational Qualification||Matriculation or 10th Standard Pass|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Date||16 Nov- 15 Dec 2021|
|Examination cut off||To be Announced|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Centre||Multiple Centres all over India|
|Location of Work||Various States/UTs|
Know All about SSC GD Constable Recruitment Notification Here
SSC GD Constable Exam: Important Exam Dates
In 2021, the SSC GD Constable Exam was rescheduled and will now happen in October 20201(tentative).
The important exam related dates for SSC GD Constable Exam 2021 are
|Dates for submission of online applications||17.07.2021 to 31.08.2021|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||31.08.2021 (23:30)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment:||02.09.2021 (23:30)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan:||04.09.2021 (23:30)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||07.09.2021|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)||16.11.2021- 15.12.2021|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must fulfil the eligibility criteria as follows:
- Minimum Education Qualifications: Candidates willing to appear for the SSC GD Constable Exam must have passed Class 10th or any other equivalent exam. Those who have not cleared Class X remain ineligible for this exam. Candidates appearing for their Class X exam are also not eligible for the SSC GD Constable Exam.
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be of Indian Nationality.
- Age Limit: Applying Candidates must be between 18-23 years as of 01st August 2021. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1998 and not later than 02.08.2003
However, the exam gives relaxation on the age bar for a few categories of candidates.
- SC/ ST- This category gets an age relaxation of 5 years
- OBC- This category gets an age relaxation of 3 years
- Ex-Serviceman- This category gets an age relaxation of 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)- This category gets an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)- This category gets an age relaxation of 8 years.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)- This category gets an age relaxation of 10 years.
SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus and Pattern
The SSC GD Constable Exam begins with a Computer Based Exam, held online at the approved exam centre. Candidates must achieve the highest possible score because the SSC will use the marks obtained at this level to determine the SSC GD Result. In 90 minutes, the candidates must answer 100 questions.
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part B – General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C – Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D- English/Hindi||25||25|
The four sections tested in computer-based objective exam includes topic as
- Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning- It includes primarily fundamental themes like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding, and picture classification, among others.
- Part B – General Knowledge and General Awareness- Scientific research, geography, general politics, culture, history, and other themes are covered in this area. Candidates can review a variety of static GK topics to help them prepare. The test will also feature questions about India and its neighbours, such as sports, history, culture, geography, economics, general politics, the Indian Constitution, and scientific research, among other topics. These questions will be designed in such a way that no special knowledge of any discipline is required.
- Part C – Elementary Mathematics- Averages, decimals and fractions, measurement, ratio and proportion, computation of the whole numbers, decimals and fractions, percentage, interest, time and distance, and other topics are covered.
- Part D- English/Hindi- This covers specific language topics and assesses the students’ grammar and comprehension abilities.
The SSC GD Constable Exam is computer-based, and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer. For every right response, the candidates are awarded 1 mark.
The exam pattern is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination- This is an online computer-based objective examination of 100 marks based on the four sections discussed above.
- Physical Efficiency Test- This exam evaluates a candidate’s physical fitness based on height characteristics, and they must complete a PET (race) followed by a biometric/technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard test- This test assesses the candidates’ physical abilities based on three factors: height, chest size, and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination- Shortlisted applicants who pass the PET and PST must undergo a thorough medical examination and are medically assessed by the CAPFs’ Medical Boards to determine their physical and medical fitness.
Frequency of SSC GD Constable Exam
The exam frequency is not fixed. It is based on the number of vacancies intimated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of Delhi Police to the Staff Selection Commission.
The last recruitment that occurred before scheduled 2021 was in 2018, where SSC GD recruitment was done to fill 60210 vacancies.
How to apply for SSC GD Constable Exam?
The interested candidates willing to give exams can apply for the SSC GD Constable Exam online on the official website – https://ssc.nic.in.
The candidates need to follow series of steps for smooth filing of the application form listed below:
Step 1: Go to the official website ssc.nic.in
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply’ tab on the upper side of the page.
Step 3: Select the ‘GD Constable’ tab and click ‘Apply’
Only an online mode of application is accepted for the exam.
Candidates can apply for the exam from 17th July 2021 to 31St August 2021.
SSC GD Constable Application Fees
The application fee details for the SSC GD Constable Exam are
|Category of Candidates||Application Fees|
|General (Male)||Rs. 100/|
|Scheduled Cast/ Scheduled Tribe||Exempted|
SSC GD Constable Admit Card
SSC GD Constable admit card will be issued on the official website at least one week before the examination.
After issuing the admits cards, the eligible candidates can download the same after entering the relevant credentials such as registration number and Date of Birth.
Applicants must retain a copy of the admit card and carry the same to the exam hall.
SSC GD Constable Answer Key
The examination body generally releases the answer keys after the exams on the official website. This way, you can check your answers and calculate your overall score based on guidelines. The SSC will announce the date of declaring the answer key on the official site.
SSC GD Constable Cut Off
The SSC GD Constable Exam cut-off varies and is announced after the exam. Candidates scoring above the cut-off are qualified for the next level of the selection stage.
Few factors are taken into consideration while announcing the cut-off. These are
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Number of vacancies available
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam
The Staff selection commission announced different cut off for males and female candidates. Earlier in 2018, the cut-off was announced state and category-wise for male and female candidates on the result date.
SSC GD Selection Process
The SSC GD selection procedure begins with the publication of the SSC GD announcement. The official SSC GD Notice contains the most up-to-date information on the number of positions, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other details. Candidates must read the SSC GD Constable announcement to comprehend all of the eligibility requirements fully.
Step 1: SSC GD 2021 Application
Interested eligible candidates shall apply for the exam online on the official website.
Step 2: SSC GD Admit Card
The exam admit card is released at least a week before the exam. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website after login with their credentials.
Step 3: SSC GD Exam
All candidates who have applied for the exam are called to appear for the computer-based examination of 100 marks. The duration of the exam is of 90 minutes. The candidates need to understand the demand of the exam and accordingly prepare themselves to score maximum marks.
Step 4: SSC GD PET/PST
Candidates are shortlisted for physical tests such as PET and PST based on their performance on the CBE. The tests are held at various locations determined by the recruitment organization, such as CAPFs.
Step 5: SSC GD Medical Exam
Candidates who pass the PET/PST exam must subsequently take the DME and RME (if applicable) exams, which CAPFs administer.
Step 6: Final Result
The Staff Selection Commission publishes the final SSC GD result on its official website. The commission’s ultimate result is based on the candidates’ performance in the CBE. PET, PST, DME, and RME are all qualifying terms.
Preparation tips for the SSC GD Constable Exam
SSC GD Constable Exam 2020-21 is one of the most awaited tests for aspirants who want to work for the Indian government in various companies, ministries, and departments.
SSC GD Preparation online is crucial because there are many concepts across major disciplines tested, such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, and English language.
Candidates who are planning to take the SSC GD Constable Exam should review the following easy yet efficient exam preparation tips:
- Before beginning the preparation, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the syllabus and test format.
- Prepare a study schedule and gather the best study materials for the SSC GD Constable Exam. A well-organized study schedule will ensure that equal time is spent on each topic’s preparation.
- Examine past year’s question papers to get a sense of the types of questions asked in the exam. It will also assist in determining the exam’s standard and difficulty level.
- Solving free online practice tests would be beneficial in the same way. Aspirants who consistently practice mock exams will tackle more questions in the exam with greater confidence.
- If you’re not sure you’ll be able to prepare for the SSC GD Constable Exam on your own, get assistance from coaching centres, internet portals, and other sources.
SSC GD Constable 2021 FAQs
A: Yes, the GD Constable Exam notification was released on July 17, 2021. Candidates can apply for the exam within 31st August 2021.
A: The SSC GD Constable Exam selection stages consists of 3 rounds- Computer Based test (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Exam [ Detailed Medical Exam (DME), Review Medical Exam]
A: Yes, candidates applying for the GD Constable Exam must be 18-23 as of 01st August 2021. However, there are few relaxations in the case of few categories of candidates.
A: Candidates interested in taking the exam should be a class X pass out.
A: There is no fixed number of times to conduct the exam. The notification regarding the GD Exam for Constable Recruitment is released based on the vacancies intimated by MHA or Delhi police
A: Candidates need to pay Rs 100 as the application fee for the exam. However, for few categories of candidates, the application fees are exempted.
A: There is no negative marking in the SSC GD computer-based exam. With every right answer, the student is awarded one mark.
A: The exam date for the SSC GD Exam for Constable Recruitment is not yet announced. It is estimated that the exam will be held in October 2021 (tentative).
A: The average salary after qualifying for the exam is Rs 21,700 to Rs 69,100
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें