About IBPS RRB Officer Exam
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 exam to recruit Assistant Managers in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. Scale-1 officers are responsible for informing farmers about credit facilities, assessment of credit profiles and loan repayments, implementation and promotion of policies, and maintaining annual balance sheets and auditing.
IBPS RRB Officer Exam 2021 - Notification
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS RRB PO Recruitment notification 2021 for the hiring of probationary officers in the Rural & Regional Banks across the country. This is one of the most sought-after exams by the aspirants preparing for the bank exams after the SBI PO. This article will provide you with important details regarding the recruitment process. You will be familiarised with the complete details starting from the eligibility, selection procedure, syllabus for the exam, and more.
IBPS RRB Officer Exam 2021 - Overview
|Name of exam||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
Regional Rural Banks (IBPS RRB)
|Recruitment for the|
|PO (Probationary Officer)|
|Vacancies||4495 (Subject to revision)|
|IBPS RRB Exam stage||Preliminary, Mains and Interview|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|IBPS RRB Exam Duration||Prelims: 45 minutes|
Mains: 2 hours
Single level exam: 2 hours
IBPS RRB PO Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||08 June 2021 to 28 June 2021|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||08 June 2021 to 28 June 2021|
|Downloading of call letters for Pre- Exam Training ||09 July 2021|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training ||19 July 2021 to 25 July 2021|
|Downloading of call letters for online examination— Preliminary||17 July 2021 to 7 August 2021|
|Online Examination— Preliminary||1st & 7th August 2021|
|Result of Online exam— Preliminary||September 2021|
|Downloading of Call letter for Online exam— Main / Single||September 2021|
|Online Examination— Main / Single||September/October 2021|
|Declaration of Result Main/ Single (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October 2021|
|Downloading of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/November 2021|
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/November 2021|
Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.
IBPS RRB PO 2021 Mock Test
IBPS RRB PO Mock Test Series 2021 have the following features:
- 20 IBPS RRB PO Prelims Mock Tests with Solutions
- 10 IBPS RRB PO Mains Mock Tests with Solutions
- 100+ sectional & Topics Tests for Practice
- This mock test series is created by Subject matter experts
- Analyze your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
Attempt IBPS RRB PO Mock Test For Free
IBPS RRB PO/Officer 2021 – Vacancies
The vacancy for IBPS RRB Clerk/Assistant is released for the year 2021. This year a total of 5895 vacancies has been released for the office assistant post.
IBPS RRB Officer Exam Pattern
The selection of Assistant Managers happens in 3 stages: Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Interview round
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite of 45 mins|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite of 2 Hour|
IBPS RRB Officer Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO are as follows :
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 30 years
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
- Proficiency in the local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.
IBPS RRB Officer Application Process
Prerequisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should,
- Scan their signature and photographs. The candidate must ensure that both the photograph (4.5 cms x 3.5 cms) and signature adhere to the specifications mentioned.
- CAPITAL LETTERS signature will not be accepted
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make the online payment.
- Must have a valid personal email ID. This should be maintained until the completion of the recruitment process.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
Note: Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
- Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Rs. 850 /- for all others.
Steps to Apply for IBPS RRB Officer Exam Online
- Step 1 - Go to www.ibps.in website
- Step 2 - Click on the homepage
- Step 3 - Open 'CRP for RRBs' and click 'Click here to apply online for CRP RRB Officers (Scale I, II and III) to open the online application form.
- Step 4 - Click on 'Click here for new registration' and register by entering basic information. A provisional registration number and password is displayed on the screen. Note this down. The registration number and password is also sent by SMS and Email.
- Step 5 - Upload photograph and signature as per specifications
- Step 6 - Indicate state for provisional allotment.
- Step 7 - Before submitting use 'save and next' to verify and modify details if required
- Step 8 - Hit the 'Final Submit' button once you have verified your details
- Step 9 - Pay the fee/intimation charges online.
Attempt IBPS RRB PO Mock Test For Free
IBPS RRB PO Syllabus 2021
The section-wise IBPS RRB PO syllabus is provided below :
IBPS RRB PO Reasoning Syllabus
The topics asked in reasoning are as follows:
IBPS RRB PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The questions asked from the quant topics are as follows:
IBPS RRB PO Computer Knowledge Syllabus
The questions asked from the computer knowledge section are based on the below topics:
|History of Computers – Generations, Types||Logic Gates|
|Computer Hardware and IO Devices||MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PPT, etc.|
|Computer Software||File Extensions|
|Storage Units||Basics of DBMS|
|Computer Languages||Computer Hacking|
|Operating System – Types, Functions||Computer Network|
|Number System and Conversions||Shortcut Keys|
|Computer Network – Types, Topology||Computer Virus & Hacking|
IBPS RRB PO English Language Syllabus
The different topics asked in the English Language are as follows:
|Grammar (Verb, Prepositions, Adverbs, Articles, Tenses)|
|Reading Comprehension||Vocabulary based questions|
|Cloze Test||Error Spotting|
|Para jumbles||Sentence Improvement|
|Fillers – Single, Double||Synonyms/ Antonyms|
|Odd One Out||Idioms and Phrases|
|Correct Usage||One Word Substitution|
|Paragraph Completion||Word/Phrase Replacement|
IBPS RRB PO Hindi Language Syllabus
The questions asked in Hindi Langauge are from the below topics:
|विपरीतार्थक शब्द||वाक्यों में त्रुटियाँ|
|पर्यायवाची शब्द||वाक्यों में रिक्त-स्थानों की पूर्ति|
|मुहावरे तथा लोकोक्तियां||वर्तनी अशुद्धियाँ|
|गुढार्थी (क्लोज टाइप) प्रकार का गद्यांश||वाक्यांश के लिए एक शब्द|
|वाक्यक्रम व्यवस्थापन||अपठित गद्यांश|
IBPS RRB PO General Awareness Syllabus
The General Awareness questions in IBPS RRB PO mains are from the following topics:
|Sports and Games|
|Current National and International Events – Download Monthly Current AffairsBolt|
|Countries, Capitals, and Currencies|
|Policies and Laws Related to Banking|
|Awards and Honours|
|Books and Authors|
|History of Banks|
|Economics and Finance|
|Bank Rates, KYC, Bank Abbreviations.|
|Financial Institutions of India|
|Reserve bank of India (RBI) – Structure & Function|
|Banking and Economic Appointments – Download Monthly New Appointments PDF|
|Indian Financial System|
|Financial Markets – Its Types|
|Money Markets and Capital Markets|
|Bond Markets and types of Bonds|
|Payment Banks and Small Finance Banks|
|Economic Policies and Schemes of Government|
IBPS RRB Salary For Different Posts
The In-hand IBPS RRB salary for the different Assistant & Officer Scale posts are as follows:
|IBPS RRB Posts||IBPS RRB salary (In-hand Salary)|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Rs. 15000 – Rs.19000|
|IBPS RRB Officer (Scale I)||Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000|
|Officer Scale-II||Rs. 33,000 – Rs. 39,000|
|Officer Scale III||Rs. 38,000 – Rs. 44,000|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Salary
IBPS RRB Salary varies depending on the posts. IBPS RRB officers can expect an amount of Rs. 43,000/- to 47,000/- for the PO posts. Below is the detailed description of the salary of the scale 1 IBPS RRB PO.
- The starting Basic pay for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 is 23,700/-
- The In-hand Salary at present varies from Rs.43,000 – 47,000 at 100% D.A.
- After the selection of the candidate for the post of Officer Scale-I, he/she will need to undergo training for 2 years under the probationary period. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale.
- After completion of the probationary period, the candidates will be promoted to the Assistant Manager post.
IBPS RRB PO Salary | Basic Pay & In-hand Salary
IBPS RRB Officer Scale- I or PO Pay Scale is Rs. 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42021.
|Annual Increments||IBPS RRB PO In-hand Salary|
|Starting Pay||Rs. 23700|
|Rs. 980 for the first 7 years||Rs. 30650|
|Rs. 1145 for the next 2 years||Rs. 32850|
|Rs. 1310 for the next 7 years||Rs. 42021|
Perks and allowances of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Post
Apart from the basic pay, the officers are entitled to the following allowances and perks:
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance / Leased Accommodation
- Conveyance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme
- Newspaper Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
IBPS RRB PO Allowances in percentage form is as follows:
|Dearness Allowance||75.9% of the basic pay.|
|House Rent Allowance||For Rural Areas: 5% of the basic pay|
For Semi-urban Areas: 7.5% of the basic pay
For Urban Areas: 10% of the basic pay
|Special Allowances||7.75% of the basic pay.|
|Other Allowances (Depends on Bank to the bank)||Travel Allowance|
Newspaper Allowance (200 per month In case of PO)
Medical Reimbursement (8000 per year in case of Scale-1 and 2200 in case of office Assistant)
entertainment (400 Rs for 3 months and 1200 for a year in case of PO)
The benefits of the IBPS PO RRB Officer Scale-I (PO) post are numerous. Stress and work pressure are relatively less in comparison to commercial banks. Employees have a good work-life balance. The cost of living is low since employees get posted in rural areas. Employees are eligible for 100% D.A. Employees can be deputed to other departments in Govt. the sector under exchange programs.
4495 (in 2021)