The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for IBPS SO for the year 2022 for various Specialist Officer Scale I Posts – IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. As you prepare for the exam, it is advisable to know about the IBPS SO Salary, job profile, career growth and responsibilities which you may need to fulfil if you get selected for the post.
IBPS SO Salary
An IBPS Specialist Officer's (Scale I) salary includes a Basic pay of Rs. 23,700/- They have a pay scale in the range of 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020. In addition to the basic pay, IBPS SO are eligible for some perks and allowances which are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance.
- House Rent Allowance.
- Transport Allowance.
- Newspaper reimbursement.
- Hospitalization reimbursement.
- Deputation Allowance.
- PF Allowance.
The allowances and benefits are presented in a tabular form as follows
|Dearness Allowance||36% Approx. Rs 8600/|
|House Rent Allowance||Between 7% to 9%. ( Varies based on posting location)|
|Conveyance Allowance||Fixed amount of fuel expense depending upon 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler|
|Special Allowance||7.75% of DA+Basic.|
|City Compensatory Allowance||As per the place of posting of the candidate, it is between 0% to 4%|
|Lease Allowance||In place of HRA, lease accommodation is optional and can be availed up to Rs29,500/ as per the place of posting.|
|PF Contribution||It varies between Rs. 3000/ - Rs. 3500/|
The IBPS Specialist Officer Salary details for various posts are given below:
|Officer Scale I|
Monthly salary– Rs. 36400/-
(Pay Scale– Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020)
Monthly salary- Rs. 48800/-
(Pay Scale- Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950)
|Officer Scale III|
Monthly salary- Rs. 64600/-
(Pay Scale- Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490)
IBPS SO can expect a hike of around 40% in their basic pay once the 11th Bipartite agreement is fully implemented across the banking sector.
IBPS SO Job Profile Post-wise Responsibilities
IBPS SO IT Officer
- Proper flow of networks
- Smooth functioning of bank software
- Eradicating security threats
- Updating software from time to time
- Handling banking technical problems
- Testing and evaluation of new technology and more
IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer
- Promotes banks' loan products in rural areas, particularly among farmers.
- Meets and maintain a good relationship with farmers and thereby generate Leads
- Conducts pre-loan sanction inspection
- Follows up in case of recovery of loans
- Ensures the proper recovery of loan
- Getting the acknowledgement of debt
IBPS SO – Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Promotes Hindi in the bank
- Translation of Documents into Hindi
- Arranging Training Programmes on official language
- Ensures official language of the union is used in communications along with English
IBPS SO – Marketing Officer
- Takes care of all the marketing and promotional activities in a given state/region or nationwide
- Responsible for conceptualizing and design of advertisements, taking the banks message to the masses
- Co-ordinates with advertisement agencies in order to draft various forms of communication
- Develops various marketing strategies and plans to boost up sales and profits.
- Looks for new services and Products of the Banks
IBPS SO – Law Officer
- Deals with documentation work within a bank
- Checks the sanctions imposed by the bank and make sure all the relevant documents are executed.
- Guides practising lawyers who represent the bank in case of any litigation
IBPS SO – HR / Personnel Officer
- Handles the training and induction of new employees, circulate appraisal forms, form leave schedules, creation of salary accounts, etc.
- Conducts recruitment interviews, address labour laws, employee promotions and other critical human resource-related activities
- Manages industrial relations, performance and promotion policy
The above clarifies the roles and responsibilities of IBPS SO in different areas. By now, you might have a clear idea on the speciality area that is suitable for you and which specialist officer you should opt for. We are also providing details on the career growth of an IBPS SO.
IBPS SO Career Growth
Specialist Officers (SO) are given ample opportunities to get promoted to a higher level based upon their performances. Find below the hierarchy followed at the time of promotion:
Junior Management Grade Scale 1 – Officer/ Assistant Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 2 – Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 3 – Senior Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 4 – Chief Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 7 – General Manager.
That is all from us in this blog on IBPS SO Salary, Job Profile & Promotion. Keep checking this space for all the latest IBPS and other Banking Exam updates. All the best.