IFSCA Grade A Syllabus
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus & IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern are mentioned in the official notification. It is very important to know the syllabus and exam pattern well in advance so that the candidates can move their preparation in the right direction using the right strategies. In this blog, we have covered both the IFSCA Grade A Syllabus & IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern in detail for both phases.
Attempt Free IFSCA Grade A Mock Test
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024
IFSCA Grade A Recruitment will be conducted in the following 3 phases-
- Phase 1: Online Exam (Preliminary)
- Phase 2: Online Exam (Mains)
- Phase 3: Interview
The following is the exam pattern for the online exams:
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024 - Prelims
Check the pattern below in detail:
|Paper||Stream/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut Off|
|Paper 1||Multiple choice questions:|
(a) General Awareness (financial sector) -25 questions X 1 mark each
(b) English language –25 questions X 1 mark each
(c) Quantitative Aptitude –25 questions X 1 mark each
(d) Test of Reasoning-25 questions X 1 mark each
|Paper 2||Multiple choice questions on General knowledge, Current events of national and international importance, Economic and social development (sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, and demographics), Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance and costing, Indian Economy, Global Economy, Five-year plans, Central Government's initiatives/ Schemes in the financial sector. (50 questions X 2 marks each) ||100||60 minutes||40%|
|Aggregate Cut-Off|| || || ||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure a separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned in (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II. Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase II examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned in (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. A list of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on the IFSCA website.
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024 - Mains
The mains exam pattern have been discussed in detail below:
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut Off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||English (Descriptive Test)(a) Precis Writing – 35 marks(b) Essay writing – 30 marks (c) Comprehension- 35 marks||100||60 minutes||30%||1/3rd|
|Paper 2||Multiple choice questions on subjects like IFSCA Act, Union Budget, Economic Survey, Banking, Capital Market, Insurance, Pension Funds, Bullion, GIFT City, GIFT IFSC, IFSCA, Global Financial Centres etc. (50 questions X 2 marks each) ||100||60 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Aggregate Cut-Off|| || || ||40%|| |
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- There shall be a negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned above and aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase II exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase III.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview. A list of candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be made available on the IFSCA website.
IFSCA Grade A Interview 2024
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. The application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview. The weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024
The candidates can check out the detailed IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 for both phases in the below subsections.
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 - Phase 1
English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness are the subjects that are included in Paper 1. Check IFSCA Assistant Manager Syllabus 2024 for Phase 1 below.
|English Language||Reading Comprehension|
Synonyms & Antonyms
Idioms & Phrases
|Quantitative Aptitude||HCF and LCM|
Ratio & Proportion
Profit & Loss
Time & Distance
Problems on Trains
Mixtures & Allegation
Permutation & Combination
Indices and Surds
Boats & Streams
Direction Sense Test
Clocks & Calendars
Passage Based Deriving Conclusions
Statement – Conclusions
Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
Statement – Arguments
|IFSCA Phase 1 Paper Syllabus||Detailed Syllabus|
|General Awareness||General knowledge|
Current events of national and international importance
Economic and social development (sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, and demographics)
Finance and costing
Central Government's initiatives/ Schemes in the financial sector
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 - Phase 2
Phase 2 will be descriptive as well as objective tests. Paper 1 will be descriptive in nature. Candidates will have to attempt essays, comprehension, and precis. In Paper 2, multiple choice questions will be asked from the topics below.
- IFSCA Act
- Union Budget
- Economic Survey
- Banking, Capital Market
- Pension Funds
- GIFT City
- GIFT IFSC
- Global Financial Centres