SBI PO Exam 2021 – Know all About It
SBI PO Exam 2021 -: SBI stands for State Bank of India, and it has several job openings throughout the year. PO stands for Probationary Officer, which is one of the most sought-after positions among graduates. SBI offers vacancies for PO positions every year to meet the manpower needs of its various branches. Prelims, Mains, and GD/Interview are the three stages of the SBI PO Recruitment Exam. To be selected as a PO in SBI branches, candidates must pass all three phases. Check out complete SBI PO exam details and dates further here.
SBI PO Mock Test 2021
Oliveboard provides online mock tests for the preparation of the SBI PO Online Exam. The tests include thousands of questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the SBI PO exam with great success.
- The SBI PO mock tests have the following features:
- The SBI PO online test series will consist of 20 Prelims & 10 Mains full-length SBI PO Mock Tests
- All Mock Tests for SBI PO Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
SBI PO Exam Notification 2021
SBI PO 2021 Notification was released on the State Bank of India’s official website www.sbi.co.in on 4th October 2021. Due to the global pandemic, the SBI PO notification PDF for probationary officer vacancy has been delayed. The SBI PO Exam Dates for Prelims and Mains 2021 is also be released along with the formal notification. The State Bank of India has also activated the SBI PO 2021 apply online link soon after the release of the notification on the official website.
Know more: SBI PO Notification
SBI PO Exam Overview
|Name of Exam||SBI PO 2021|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Exam Category||Bank Exam|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Periodicity||Once a Year|
|Selection Process||3 (Prelims Mains Interview)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||022-22820427|
SBI PO Exam Important Dates 2021
|SBI PO Exam 2021 Events||Important Dates|
|SBI PO Notification 2021 Release Date||4th October 2021|
|Start Date to Apply for SBI PO 2021||5th October 2021|
|Last Date to Apply for SBI PO 2021||25th October 2021|
|SBI PO 2021 Exam Date- Prelims||November/December 2021(Tentative)|
|SBI PO 2021 Exam Date- Mains||December 2021(Tentative)|
|SBI PO 2021 Admit Card||10-15 days before the exam date|
|SBI PO 2021 Result Date – Prelims||December 2021(Tentative)|
|SBI PO 2021 Result Date- Mains||January 2022 (Tentative)|
|Interview Date||February 2022 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Final Result||March 2022 (Tentative)|
SBI PO 2021 Vacancy
SBI PO 2021 Vacancy will be announced along with SBI PO 2021 Notification. According to the most recent SBI PO announcement 2020, there were a total of 2000 probationary officer positions available. For your convenience, the following details have been divided into category-wise SBI PO vacancies 2020, including backlog jobs:
Note: The backlog vacancies are as follows:
SC - 24, ST - 12, OBC - 20
Also Read: SBI PO Online Course 2021
How to apply online for SBI PO Exam 2021?
The following is a step-by-step guide to filling out the SBI PO application form without difficulty:
- Click on the official link, https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
- Click the ‘Current Openings’ link at the bottom of the page.
- Now, select Probationary Officers from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the link to apply online.
- Go to the ‘Click here for New Registration’ section now.
- Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, you’ll see a Registration Number and a Password.
- Upload a scanned signature and a photo of yourself.
- Fill in your personal information as it appears on your educational certificate.
- Pay the application fee now with a debit card, credit card, or internet banking account.
- Finally, double-check the information and save a copy of the SBI PO form.
- Download it for future reference.
SBI PO Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the qualifying criteria for the SBI PO Exam below to see if you are eligible to apply for the SBI PO 2021 exam. To avoid having their SBI PO application cancelled later, candidates must meet the following SBI PO eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- As per Indian government regulations.
A candidate must be at least 21 years old and not more than 30 years old when registering to apply for the SBI examination. Aside from that, according to government regulations, there is age relaxation for some categories of candidates:
- For SC/ST/EX-SM, there is a 5-year age relaxation.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities have been given a 4% horizontal reserve.
- 3 years for OBC while 10 years for PWDs.
- A candidate must be a graduate of a recognized university in any discipline or have an equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Candidates in their last year/semester are also eligible to apply, but only if they can show proof of graduation on the day of the interview.
SBI PO 2021 Application Fee
The fee structure for SBI PO online application is listed below by category. Fee/Intimation charges cannot be reimbursed or retained in reserve for any other examination or selection after they have been paid. The application fee has to be paid in full online.
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD category is NIL.
- The application fee for the General and Others category is INR 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges).
SBI PO Exam Syllabus 2021
Under the SBI PO Exam Syllabus, there are minor differences in the topics asked in the Prelims and Mains examinations.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2021
|Topics||SBI PO Prelims Exam Syllabus|
|English Language||Reading and Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Vocabulary Test, Phrasal Verbs Para jumbles, Error Spotting, Fill in the qualifying words, Idioms and Phrases, Cloze Test, Fill in the blanks, Miscellaneous|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Mixtures & Alligations, Profit & Loss, Interest & Surds & Indices, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination &Probability, Time & Distance, Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Data Interpretation|
|Logical Reasoning||Syllogism, Inequality, Coding-Decoding, Series-based Question (Alphanumeric and Numeric), Machine Input-Output, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Miscellaneous Questions (Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking, etc.)|
SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2021
- Data Analysis & interpretation
- General Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Computer Aptitude
Know more – SBI PO Syllabus
SBI PO Salary
The in-hand salary of a Probationary Officer in SBI is one of the most frequently questioned questions among aspirants. According to the official notification of 2021, the starting basic pay of SBI PO is Rs. 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) on the scale of Rs. 41960-980 (7) – 48820 – 1145 (2) – 51110 – 1310 (7) – 60280 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. This revised salary and increment structure are as per the Bipartite Settlement.
Aside from that, the salary component includes the following allowances:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Furniture Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Travelling Allowance
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The SBI PO exam pattern for 2021 is given below. A new exam format for the SBI PO Prelims test was introduced in 2018. The feature of a 20-minute sectional time limit for each portion of the SBI PO Prelims has been incorporated. However, there has been no change in the total time duration.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Mins|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 Mins|
Note: The Descriptive Test will be held on the same day as the mains test and will last 30 minutes. There will be two questions totalling 50 points in the English Language Test (Letter Writing & Essay).
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2021
The SBI PO Selection Procedure involves three phases: Prelims, Main, and Interview. Each round is equally significant, and thus qualifying in each round is necessary to advance to the next round till final selection.
Stage 1: SBI PO Prelims
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam is the first basic phase in which applicants’ general aptitude is tested.
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam is a one-hour online objective test.
- English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude are the three areas of the exam.
- In the SBI PO Prelims Exam, there will be no sectional cut-offs.
- However, the bank will offset an overall cut based on the candidates’ categories.
- From the top of the aforementioned merit list, candidates totalling 10 times the number of openings (approximately) in each category will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Stage 2: SBI PO Mains
- Candidates who pass the SBI PO Preliminary Exam will be eligible to take the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- The Objective Test and Descriptive Test are both parts of the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam is divided into four sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness.
- The descriptive test is worth 50 marks and takes place right after the objective examination.
- The aggregate marks achieved in the Main Examination will be used to create a category-wise merit list.
- There will be no cut-off for sections.
- Candidates from the top of the category-wise merit list who score the minimum aggregate qualifying score will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview.
Stage 3: SBI PO Group Exercises & Interview
Candidates who pass the SBI Mains Exam will be invited to participate in an interview and a group exercise. This round is most crucial in determining the candidate’s fate in regard to the final selection. The candidate’s final selection as an SBI PO is based on their SBI Mains and Interview performance.
SBI PO 2021 – Admit Card
The admit card for the Prelims and the Mains exam will be issued by the recruitment board separately on its official website. The SBI PO Admit Card is generally issued 10-15 days before the examinations are scheduled to be held.
Following is the procedure to download the admit card
How to download SBI PO Admit Card 2021
- Visit the State Bank of India official website.
- Look for the Current Openings sections at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the ‘SBI PO 2021 Recruitment’ link.
- Click on the admit card link.
- Enter the required details
- Click on ‘Submit’
- You will soon see the SBI PO 2021 admit card on the screen.
- Check the details on the admit card and download a soft copy
- Take a printout for future reference
Know more – SBI PO Admit Card
SBI PO 2021 – Result
The results for the SBI PO Result 2021 exam will be released individually for all the stages. The final result will be announced on the official website of the SBI. A candidate will qualify only after he clears the written exam and the interview round. Aspirants can check their results by entering their registration number and password.
Know more: SBI PO Result
SBI PO 2021 – Cut off
The SBI PO cut off marks are declared by the State Bank of India selection board after the completion of each phase of the examination. However, the cut-off marks is not based on sectional results, but on the overall results, which include the written examination and the interview round. The cut-off marks vary for candidates in different categories. The total marks for Mains are 250 and for the Interview, the round is 50.
Know more: SBI PO Cut Off
SBI PO 2021 – Preparation Tips
Following are some tips that candidates can follow to ace the SBI PO 2021 Examination
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly
- Allot how much time you will devote to each subject every day
- Based on the above step, prepare a study plan and stick to it
- Keep some time for revision
- Go through previous years’ question papers and attempt mock tests
- Read newspapers and follow the news online to be abreast with the latest happenings (specifically the Banking Sector)
Know more: SBI PO Preparation
To prepare for the SBI PO exam, look at the previous year’s question papers. Candidates must ensure that they have a good knowledge of basic maths, data analysis, and the general economy of India. Start preparing in advance and clarify any doubts you have beforehand. Time yourself when you attempt the mock tests to be better prepared for the actual exams.