Note: This year i.e. 2023, the SIDBI Grade A Exam will not have the online test so the details mentioned in this blog are not for the candidates applying for 2023 cycle. The below mentioned syllabus and exam pattern are as per the previous cycle i.e. 2022.
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern
The online test also has two parts: an objective exam and a descriptive exam. Let us see the pattern for each of these parts in detail;
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 - Online Test
The exam pattern for the online test is as follows:
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 - Objective Test
Check out the detailed objective test pattern below:
|Name of the Test
|Type of Test
|No. of Questions
(With special reference to Banking and
Financial Sector and Economic and
Online Descriptive Test: Candidates will be required to answer by typing on the computer.
Attempt FREE SIDBI Grade A Mock Test
Download SIDBI Grade A Previous Year Interview Questions Ebook
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 - Descriptive Test
The following is the exam pattern followed for the descriptive part of the objective test in SIDBI's Grade A officers' recruitment:
|No of Questions
|Essay on Financial/Banking/Economic and Social Issues in India - 1
|Essay on Financial/Banking/Economic and Social Issues in India - 2
Letter Writing (10 Marks)
Note: It is essential to attempt all three
The descriptive test will be for 60 minutes.
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 - Important Points
- The duration of the SIDBI Grade A Exam is a total of 180 minutes or 3 hours.
- The total number of questions in the SIDBI Grade A exam is 163.
- The SIDBI Grade A exam is for a total of 250 marks.
- All tests, except the test of English Language and Descriptive test, will be provided in both English and Hindi.
- For every wrong answer marked, 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- The number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying a penalty for wrong answers.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores* (*Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.)
- Test-wise scores and scores on total are reported with decimal points up to two digits.
- Cutoffs may be applied in two stages:
- On scores in individual tests
- On Total Score
- The total marks of the examination will be 250 which includes 50 marks in the English Descriptive Section.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Interviews on the basis of marks scored in the objective and descriptive sections taken together against full marks of 250.
- The Descriptive Test will be evaluated only for those candidates who qualify in the Objective type of tests (on total and individual sections of objective tests) and are ranked adequately high as per total marks in the objective test.
- The various qualifying cut-off marks in each of the objective tests, the total objective test, and the Descriptive Test will be decided by SIDBI.