SSC GD Constable Vacancy 2022 : The total number of vacancies for the SSC GD Constable 2022 exam has been released along with its notification. SSC has announced 24369 vacancies for the post of constables, in which 21579 posts are available for male candidates and for 2626 female candidates
SSC GD Constable Vacancy
SSC is conducting SSC GD 2022 examination for recruitment to the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR) as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and as per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Ministry of Home Affairs and the Staff Selection Commission. Here are the vacancies announced for male and female candidates. We've also mentioned the force-wise vacancy in the third table below.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Let's have a look at the SSC GD Vacancies:
|Vacancies for Male Candidates||21579 |
|Vacancies for Female Candidates||2626|
|Vacancies for NCB Force||164|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Male Candidates
A total of 21579 vacancies have been notified for General Duty Male Constable. Below is the detailed category-wise vacancy distribution for SSC GD Male Constable.
|Force||SSC GD Constable Male Vacancies||Total|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Female Candidates
Out of a total of 24369 vacancies, 2626 have been announced for General Duty Female Constable. Below is the detailed category-wise vacancy distribution for SSC GD Female Constable.
|Force||SSC GD Constable Female Vacancies||Total|
|Force||SSC GD Constable Vacancies||Total|
SSC GD Constable Total Vacancy 2021
SSC GD 2021 Total Vacancies as mentioned in the SSC GD Constable Notification 2021 are tabulated for clear force/organisation wise break up in the table below.
The vacancies are Tentative. Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated through the website of the Commission.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must fulfil the eligibility criteria as follows:
Minimum Education Qualifications
Candidates willing to appear for the SSC GD Constable Exam must have passed Class 10th or any other equivalent exam. Those who have not cleared Class X remain ineligible for this exam. Candidates appearing for their Class X exam are also not eligible for the SSC GD Constable Exam.
Applying candidates must be of Indian Nationality.
Applying Candidates must be between 18-23 years.
However, the exam gives relaxation on the age bar for a few categories of candidates.
- SC/ ST- This category gets an age relaxation of 5 years
- OBC- This category gets an age relaxation of 3 years
- Ex-Serviceman- This category gets an age relaxation of 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)- This category gets an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)- This category gets an age relaxation of 8 years.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)- This category gets an age relaxation of 10 years.
SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus and Pattern
The SSC GD Constable Exam begins with a Computer Based Exam, held online at the approved exam centre. Candidates must achieve the highest possible score because the SSC will use the marks obtained at this level to determine the SSC GD Result. In 60 minutes, the candidates must answer 80 questions.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40|
60 minutes (1 hour)
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20||40|
The four sections tested in the computer-based objective exam includes topic as
- Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning- It includes primarily fundamental themes like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding, and picture classification, among others.
- Part B – General Knowledge and General Awareness- Scientific research, geography, general politics, culture, history, and other themes are covered in this area. Candidates can review a variety of static GK topics to help them prepare. The test will also feature questions about India and its neighbours, such as sports, history, culture, geography, economics, general politics, the Indian Constitution, and scientific research, among other topics. These questions will be designed in such a way that no special knowledge of any discipline is required.
- Part C – Elementary Mathematics- Averages, decimals and fractions, measurement, ratio and proportion, computation of the whole numbers, decimals and fractions, percentage, interest, time and distance, and other topics are covered.
- Part D- English/Hindi- This covers specific language topics and assesses the students' grammar and comprehension abilities.
The SSC GD Constable Exam is computer-based, and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer. For every right response, the candidates are awarded 2 mark.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
The exam pattern is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination- This is an online computer-based objective examination of 160 marks based on the four sections discussed above.
- Physical Efficiency Test- This exam evaluates a candidate's physical fitness based on height characteristics, and they must complete a PET (race) followed by a biometric/technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard test- This test assesses the candidates' physical abilities based on three factors: height, chest size, and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination- Shortlisted applicants who pass the PET and PST must undergo a thorough medical examination and are medically assessed by the CAPFs' Medical Boards to determine their physical and medical fitness.