Table of Contents
- IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus
- IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2023
- IRDAI Assitant Manager Syllabus 2023
- IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus
Want to Prepare for the IRDAI Exam? Well, we have completely covered the IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus and exam pattern for prelims & mains in this blog. For detailed information about IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 go through the entire blog.
The IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus for 2023 was released along with the notification on 11th April 2023. Candidates who are interested in applying for this post should be well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern to prepare well for the exam.
- For Phase 1, IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 will consist of four subjects: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. The exam will be conducted in online mode, and the duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. The total marks for the exam will be 160.
- For Phase 2, three papers will be conducted. All these papers are extremely important as the marks scored by the candidates in Phase 2 will be considered for the final selection.
IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2023
The IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam consists of three stages: Phase I, Phase II, and Interview. Candidates must clear each stage to move on to the next stage. Let us take a look at each stage in detail.
IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2023 – Phase 1
The Phase-I exam consists of an online test with multiple-choice questions. The paper will be set in both Hindi & English Languages. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes, and the maximum marks are 160. There will be a negative marking of 1/4th. The questions are divided into four sections:
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
A candidate has to qualify in each of the four Objective Tests separately and also
in aggregate as per the cut-off marks for each test and in the aggregate to be decided by
IRDAI. Separate cut-offs may also be applied for each of the specialized streams and
IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2023 – Phase 2
The Phase II exam consists of three papers: Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III. All three papers will be Descriptive (Questions will appear on screen and answers have to be written on answer sheets).
Paper-I: The duration of Paper-I is 1 hour, and the maximum marks are 100. The questions are based on the English language.
Paper-II: The duration of Paper-II is 1 hour, and the maximum marks are 100. The questions are divided into Economic and Social Issues impacting Insurance.
Paper III: This section will be based on Insurance and Management. The duration will be 60 minutes/1 hour and the maximum marks are 100.
Tests will be in English and Hindi (except Test of English Language which will be provided only in English).
Candidates who will clear all three papers of Phase II will then appear in the interview. Final selection will be on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Phase II -Descriptive Examination and Interview taken together (combined score) in order of merit.
Important Points to Remember:
- The weightage of Phase II – Descriptive Examination and Interview will be 85:15.
- The final merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in Phase II and the interview.
Candidates interested in applying for the IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam must know the exam pattern in detail. The exam is a three-stage process, with each stage being equally important. Candidates who will clear all three stages and whose merit score will be good when taking Phase 2 & Interviews together will get the IRDAI Assistant Manager post. Candidates should prepare themselves accordingly and focus on each section to score well in the exam.
IRDAI Assitant Manager Syllabus 2023
Check out the detailed syllabus for both phases in the below subsections.
IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 – Phase 1
Let’s take a closer look at the IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023.
The reasoning section will test the candidate’s ability to solve problems and make logical deductions. The topics that will be covered in this section are:
- Coding and Decoding
- Puzzle Test
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Alphabet Test
- Ranking and Time Sequence Test
- Number, Ranking, and Time Sequence Test
- Causes and Effects
- Analytical Reasoning
The English language section will test the candidate’s understanding of the language and its usage. The topics in this section are:
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Spotting Errors
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- One Word Substitution
- Sentence Correction
The quantitative aptitude section will test the candidate’s ability to solve numerical problems. The topics in this section are:
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
The general awareness section will test the candidate’s knowledge of current events and general knowledge. The topics in this section are:
- Science and Technology
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Awards and Honours
Candidates should note that there will be negative markings for wrong answers. For every wrong answer, there will be a negative marking for 1/4th of the marks allotted for that question.
The IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 tests the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of various fields. Candidates should prepare well and practice regularly to score well in the exam. A detailed understanding of the syllabus will help the candidates to focus on the important topics and prepare accordingly.
IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 – Phase 2
Check out the detailed syllabus for Phase 2 in the following subsections:
Paper I – English
b) Precis writing;
c) Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence
Paper II – Economic and Social Issues Impacting Insurance
a) Economic Growth, business cycles, and insurance penetration, the impact of age structure on the economy, application of utility theory to insurance premium setting, macroeconomic factors including catastrophes and pandemics that may impact insurers and insurance markets;
b) Financial markets, Financial Institutions, and financial services integration and risks arising from interconnectedness; systemic risk and concentration risk;
c) Economic capital and risk-based capital requirements, the economic impact of risk transfer arrangements including reinsurance, the contribution of the Insurance sector to the sustainable and responsible development of the economy, Insurance Investments
in the Infrastructure sector;
d) Economic reforms in India leading to Insurance sector reforms, Insurance regulation – financial and market conduct regulations, functions of IRDAI, the role of an Actuary, de-tariffing in India, motor business and Indian experience, changing Insurance Regulations/Laws and FSLRC;
e) Social structure in India, Insurance in rural and social sectors, obligations of Insurers thereto, Indian Micro-Insurance experience, Social Security laws, and implementation thereof. RSBY – Health insurance scheme for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
Paper III – Insurance and Management
Part 1 – Insurance
a) History of Indian Insurance, principles of Insurance;
b) Risk and uncertainty, pooling and diversification of risk, Indemnity, and Insurable interest;
c) Legal foundations of Insurance, basics in Group/Health Insurance/Pensions; Intermediation: role in mobilizing savings, the evolution of various types and Bancassurance in India;
d) Functions performed by Insurers: Product design, pricing, distribution, underwriting, claims, Investment, and Reinsurance;
e) Insurance lines and products: Property-Liability, Life Insurance, and Annuities and Health Insurance; Liability risks and Insurance, valuation, and Solvency requirements, Specialist Insurance lines in India – Agricultural and Export Credit Guarantee; Reinsurance, GIC of India, obligator sessions, and retention of risk within the Country.
Part 2 – Management
a) Its nature and scope;
b) Management Processes – Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; the role of a Manager in an Organisation;
c) Leadership: The tasks of a leader; leadership styles; leadership theories; A successful leader versus an effective leader;
d) Human Resource Development- Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Career Planning – Training and Development;
e) Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – feedback and performance counseling – rewards – employee welfare;
f) Motivation, Morale, and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining Morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale;
g) Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward, and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication;
h) Role of Information Technology;
i) Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
The IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 outlines the topics that will be covered in the recruitment exam, including subjects like English, Reasoning, General Awareness, and Quantitative Aptitude.
The IRDAI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2023 is available on the official IRDAI website. You can download it from there or refer to the official recruitment notification. You can also check the detailed syllabus in this blog.
Yes, the IRDAI Assistant Manager Phase 1 Exam is qualifying in nature. Those who will qualify the Phase 1 Exam will be able to sit for the Phase 2 Exam.
The syllabus of English includes Essay Writing, Precis Writing, and Comprehension.
The exam is conducted in an online (computer-based) mode.
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Free Ebook on Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A – Part 1
- Download Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A – Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Download Top 40 ARD Questions FREE Ebook for NABARD Grade A – Part 3
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from the Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
Also, check out
|RBI Grade B Notification 2023||NABARD Grade A Notification 2023|
|SEBI Grade A Notification 2023||IFSCA Grade A Notification 2023|
DOWNLOAD THE RBI, NABARD, SEBI Prep App FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
The app provides comprehensive study material in the form of online courses to ace these examinations. The study material ranges from online LIVE classes, video lectures, study notes, revision sessions, past year papers, topic tests, the objective plus descriptive mock tests, mock interviews, and much more.
- CAT Full Form, All You Need to Know About CAT
- World Tourism Day 2023
- Over 10,000 Claims Accepted Under Vivad se Vishwas – I Scheme
- NABARD Grade A Admit Card 2023, Check Admit Card Release Date
- Minister Chandrasekhar at “South-South Knowledge Sharing Series”
Hello there! 👋 I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors! 📚🍳