JAIIB Eligibility Criteria
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance holds the Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (JAIIB) exam twice a year in two cycles i.e., in May and October. The primary goal of the exam is to assess knowledge of banking and financial services, banking technology, and customer interactions, as well as fundamental accounting and legal knowledge, in order to satisfy the day-to-day requirements of banking operations.
This exam is an exclusive course for only the members of the IIBF i.e., the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. The candidates who are interested in taking this exam should know about the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus as well as the application procedure.
JAIIB Eligibility Criteria 2024
To be eligible for appearing in the Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers examination candidates have to fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be working in the Banking and Finance sector.
- The candidate must be working in an institution that is a member of the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
- The candidate must have cleared at least class 12th or equivalent in any stream from a recognized board.
- The Junior staff of the banking and financial institutions, which are members of the IIBF, can appear for the JAIIB examination if they have passed class 12.
- The candidates who have not cleared the 12th class or equivalent examination can appear for the clerical or supervisory staff cadre JAIIB examination on Manager’s recommendation or the Officer in charge of the bank where they are employed.
There are no age limit criteria for the JAIIB examination, but the aspirants must be employed in the banking and financial sector.
Number of Attempts for JAIIB
The following are the salient points in terms of the number of attempts and time frame to clear this exam:
- A candidate can avail 5 attempts for completion of each exam (JAIIB / DB&F / SOB / CAIIB) but, within a maximum period of three years whichever is earlier.
- This attempt will be counted from the time the candidate registers for the exam.
- These 5 attempts need not be consecutive.
- Candidates unable to pass the examination within 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will need to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not receive credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- The time limit of 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will start from the date of registration for the first attempt.
- Attempts will be counted when the candidate applies for the exam, irrespective of whether the candidate appears for any examination or not.
- A candidate will be eligible to apply for any five examinations out of the six examinations within the stipulated period of three years.
- If a candidate avails of all five attempts before the completion of three years, they will have to re-enroll afresh. Similarly, if a candidate does not avail five attempts but three years are over, they will have to re-enroll themselves afresh.
JAIIB 2024 Application Fee
Candidates should clear the exam within the time limit of 3 years. If you do not pass the exam within the allotted time, you must re-enroll as a fresh student, and the institute will give no credit. For the first try, a three-year time limit will begin on the date of application. Attempts will be counted regardless of whether or not an applicant presents for any examination.
The JAIIB registration fee is based on the number of attempts made by the candidates and the time of registration. The following is the baseline registration price for the JAIIB Exam based on the number of attempts:
|Number of attempts
|JAIIB First Attempt Fee
|JAIIB Second Attempt Fee
|JAIIB Third Attempt Fee
|JAIIB Fourth Attempt Fee
|JAIIB Fifth Attempt Fee
The JAIIB application process is divided into three phases. To avoid paying the penalty cost in later registration phases, candidates should register in the first phase of the registration window.
|JAIIB Exam Date
|JAIIB Admit Card
|JAIIB Previous Year Papers
|JAIIB Study Material
|JAIIB Cut Off
|JAIIB Mock Test
JAIIB May 2024 Cycle Application Fees
|5th March 2024 to 11th March 2024
|12th March 2024 to 18th March 2024
|Rs. 4000 + Rs. 100
|19th March 2024 to 27th March 2024
|Rs. 4000 + Rs. 200
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding of the JAIIB Eligibility Criteria 2024. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- 04 March 2024 Current Affairs in English
- Assam SLET Admit Card 2024 Out, Direct Download Link
- BPSC Head Master Syllabus 2024 & Exam Pattern, Check Details
- Indian Army Agniveer Selection Process 2024, All Stages
- Government Schemes 2024, Check Government Schemes List PDF
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!