The SBI CBO Syllabus and Exam Pattern are one of the most important things to be aware of while preparing for the SBI CBO exam. SBI has released exam date for the post of Circle Based Officer (CBO). The SBI Circle Based Officer selection will be done on an online written test and an interview. The candidates need to buckle up for the SBI CBO Notification Examination is scheduled on 28th November 2020. To help aspirants do that, here is the quick view of the SBI CBO syllabus and the exam pattern to consolidate your prep.
- SBI CBO Syllabus
- SBI CBO Question Pattern
- SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Important Dates
- SBI CBO Syllabus – FAQs
SBI CBO Syllabus
The SBI CBO examination include topics on Reasoning, Computer, Data Analysis, General Awareness, and Data Interpretation. Find the detailed syllabus below.
- The SBI CBO Online Test will be conducted for 250 Marks consisting of objective and descriptive questions.
- Only selected candidates will be appearing for the Interview (100 marks)
- A State-wise & Category-wise merit list will be generated on the same.
- The candidates qualifying for the interview under certain categories will have to provide documents for getting selected in the SBI CBO Recruitment 2020.
- There is no sectional cut off for this examination.
Here is the detailed SBI CBO Syllabus and Exam Pattern to kick-start your preparation for the upcoming exam.
SBI CBO Syllabus For General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness/ KYC, AML/ Preventive Vigilance/ Legal Issues
Basically a reflection of regular GA paper, this section will cover more of the banking related terms and their usage along with baking current affairs. Here is the complete list of topics –
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Preventive Vigilance
- Legal Issues
- KYC, AML
SBI CBO Syllabus For Data Analysis & Interpretation
Here is the syllabus of Data Analysis & Interpretation for SBI CBO PO Prelims
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Tabular Graph
- Radar Graph Caselet
- Missing Case DI
- Data Sufficiency
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Work, Time, and Energy
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combination
- Coding and Decoding
- Code Inequalities
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Decision Making
SBI CBO Syllabus For Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
Here is the syllabus of Reasoning and Computer Aptitude for SBI CBO PO Prelims is as follows –
Reasoning section includes traditional logical reasoning questions form most common bank exams.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Input Output
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
This entire sections included questions from Computer and Internet related topics on software, hardware, and computer networking and security.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies
- Operating System
- Basic of Logic Gates
SBI CBO Syllabus For English Language
English language paper for SBI CBO consists of the following topics.
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para/Sentence Completion
- Word Association
SBI CBO Question Pattern
SBI CBO Exam Pattern for Objective Test
Here is a tabular view of the question pattern of SBI CBO online written exam – Objective Section.
- Time Limit- 120 minutes
- Number of Questions- 100
- Maximum Marks- 200
|Name of Test||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness/ KYCAML/
Preventive Vigilance/ Legal Issues
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||20||40||30 m|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||30||60||30 m|
|English Language||20||40||30 m|
SBI CBO Exam Pattern For Descriptive Test
Descriptive Test for SBI CBO included Letter Writing and Essay Writing with the following time and marks distribution.
- Time Limit- 30 minutes
- Number of Questions- 02
- Maximum Marks- 50
|Descriptive Test||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Letter Writing||1||25||30 m|
|Essay-250 words on banking related||1||25|
SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Important Dates
Here are the important dates for the recruitment of Circle Based Officers in SBI.
- Start date of Online Application – 27th July 2020
- End Date of Online Application – 16th Aug 2020
- Last Date for Printing Application – 31st Aug 2020
- Online Fee Payment – 27th July to 16th Aug 2020
- Exam Date – 28th November 2020
SBI CBO Syllabus – FAQs
1. What is CBO post in SBI?
CBO stands for Circle Based Officer. It is a Junior Management Grade Scale-I post. SBI CBO selects will go through a probation period of 6 months. After the probation period, all the suitable candidates are posted as permanent officers of SBI.
2. What is the syllabus of SBI CBO 2020?
Syllabus of SBI CBO included General/Economy/Banking Awareness/KYC-AML/Preventive Vigilance/Legal Issues, English Language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis, and Data Analysis & Interpretation (4 sections) and Descriptive Test including Letter Writing and Essay Writing.
3. When will be SBI CBO Online Test conducted?
The SBI CBO Online Test will be conducted on 28th November 2020.
4. What is the SBI CBO Exam Pattern for the online examination?
The online exam will have a total of 100 questions related to Reasoning, Computer, Data Analysis, General Awareness, and Data Interpretation.
5. What are the total marks for the SBI CBO Examination?
Total Marks given for SBI CBO Exam – 250
6. What will be the duration of SBI CBO Exam?
The exam will be conducted for 2 hours 30 minutes.
7. Is there negative marking for SBI CBO Online Test?
Yes, the 1/4th mark will be deducted for an incorrect response. However, there is no negative marking for unattempted questions.
That’s what we have for the blog SBI CBO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Leave us a comment in case you have any question regarding the topic.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
- SBI PO 2020-21 Interview Admit Card Out @sbi.co.in | Download Here
- Success Story of Yash Agarwal | Cleared SBI Clerk 2020
- SBI PO Mains General Awareness Asked on 29 January 2021 | Free PDF
- Success Story of Deepika Tayal | Cleared SBI Clerk 2020
- Top 20 Key Highlights | Economic Survey 2020-21 | Download PDF
- Success Story of Gayatri | Cleared SBI Clerk 2020
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test