The SSC CHSL Examination is held every year for eligible candidates to join various posts that include LDC, JSA, PA, SA, and DEO in the ministries and departments of the Government of India. It is recruited by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) as they release the notification when there are vacancies in the Ministries and departments of the Government. In this blog, we are going to have a closer look at SSC CHSL Eligibility. It would include SSC CHSL Age Limit, Education Requirements & Nationality criteria.
- Details about SSC CHSL Examination
- SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality or Citizenship of Applicants
- SSC CHSL Age-Limit and Age Relaxation of Applicants
- SSC CHSL Educational Qualification of Applicants
- SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria for Physically Handicapped Aspirants
- Other Important Pointers for SSC CHSL Examination, 2021
Details about SSC CHSL Examination
The SSC CHSL full form stands for Staff Selection Commission- Combines Higher Secondary Level. This means candidates who aspire to work as postal assistants, sorting assistants, data entry operators, lower divisional clerks, and employees of departments can apply for this exam. Candidates who want to start their career in the Government departments right after the completion of higher secondary education are eligible for the SSC CHSL examination.
The SSC also releases the reservation details for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM), etc. Also, check out other details regarding the upcoming SSC Exam dates for 2021. However, all the exams after April 20, 2021, has been postponed indefinitely due to the rising cases of COVID-19
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
Before you start your preparation for the SSC CHSL examination, candidates must check the details regarding the eligibility criteria for the exam. Although the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria 2021 are released as official notification, candidates can check the same online. We can categorize the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL 2021 in the following categories:-
1. The nationality or citizenship of applicants
2. Age limit of applicants
3. Educational qualification of applicants
Candidates can check all the detailed eligibility criteria for the SSC CHSL examination are given below.
Also Read : SSC CHSL Study Plan
Nationality or Citizenship of Applicants
- Applicants can be either a citizen of India, or Nepal, or Bhutan.
- Also, children of Tibetan refugees who came to India for permanent settlement before 1st January 1962 are also eligible for writing the examination.
- Applicants who came to India with the intention of settling permanently in India from the African countries that Tanzania, Zambia
- Additionally, a person of Indian origin (PIO) who migrated with the intention of settling permanently in India from Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, and Kenya are also eligible for writing this examination.
SSC CHSL Age-Limit and Age Relaxation of Applicants
The age limit under the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria for 2021 will be calculated as of 1st January 2021. Aspiring candidates should note that SSC would only accept their date of birth based on the same that was recorded in the Matriculation or High School Leaving Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate.
The lower or minimum age limit is set at 18 years of age as of 1st January 2021. This means the aspiring candidate must be 18 years of age to be eligible to write the examination. Therefore, aspirants born after 1st January 2003 will not be eligible to appear for this examination.
The upper or maximum age limit for candidates should not be more than 27 years as of 1st January 2021. Therefore, aspirants who were born before 2nd January 1994 will not be eligible to appear for this examination.
Additionally, aspirants should note that the upper or maximum age limit criterion is applicable for the General or Unreserved category of candidates.
The SSC CHSL examination age relaxation details as per government guidelines are given in the table listed below:-
|CATEGORY||AGE RELAXATION (BEYOND UPPER OR MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT)|
|PWD (UR)||10 YEARS|
|PWD (OBC)||13 YEARS|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 YEARS|
|EX-SERVICEMEN (UR)||3 YEARS|
|EX-SERVICEMEN (OBC)||6 YEARS|
|EX-SERVICEMEN (SC/ST)||8 YEARS|
SSC CHSL Educational Qualification of Applicants
The educational or technical qualifications required for the SSC CHSL Examination are listed below:-
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR SSC CHSL EXAMINATION, 2021|
|Aspirants must have passed the 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognised Board or University on or before 1st January 2021.|
|For aspirants possessing a Diploma/ Degree Certificate obtained through open Universities, or Distance Education, then those Universities must be recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC).|
|For the post of Data Entry Operators (DEO) in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), applicants must have studied science and mathematics as the main subject from a recognised Board or University.|
|Skill Test or Typing Test for qualified candidates will be conducted on computers.|
Can a 12th standard student apply for SSC CHSL?
Applicants of SSC CHSL should have a minimum qualification of 12th Class passed from a recognized board. Class 12th appearing students are also eligible to apply for the SSC CHSL examination provided they produce the educational qualification and documents from the Board or the University as of 1st January 2021.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria for Physically Handicapped Aspirants
Physically challenged aspirants can also apply and are permissible for the following posts based on their type of disability. Kindly make a note of the following criteria to avoid any future inconvenience and rejection of your application.
|SSC CSHL POSTS||LIST OF DISABILITIES PERMITTED|
Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant post
|One Leg Affected (OL), One Arm Affected (OA), One Arm and One Leg Affected (OAL), Both Leg Affected but not the Arm (BL).Muscular Weaknesses with Limited Physical Endurance (MW), Blind (B), Low Vision (LV), Hearing Handicapped (HH).|
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
One Leg Affected (OL), One Arm Affected (OA), One Arm and One Leg Affected (OAL), Both Leg Affected but not the Arm (BL).Low Vision (LV), Hearing Handicapped (HH).
|Lower Division Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant|
One Leg Affected (OL), One Arm Affected (OA), One Arm and One Leg Affected (OAL), Both Leg Affected but not the Arm (BL).Blind (B), Low Vision (LV), Hearing Handicapped (HH).
Other Important Pointers for SSC CHSL Examination, 2021
- Make sure that your Date of Birth should not deviate from the one mentioned in your 10th Class Certificate.
- Candidates must submit all important documents and certificates for age relaxation from competent authorities during the verification process in the prescribed format. Candidates who fail to do so would then be considered under the Unreserved or General category.
- For candidates applying under the ESM Category (Ex-Servicemen Category), an employee from Group C and Group D posts of Central Government cannot apply in this category.
- For age relaxation in the ESM category, the Call-Up Service period of an ex-serviceman in the Armed Forces will also be considered as service rendered under the Armed Forces for age relaxation purposes.
- However, in the ESM category, sons or daughters of Ex-Servicemen shall not be eligible to apply for the SSC CHSL Examination.
Hope you found this article helpful. For any queries, aspiring candidates can reach us out at Oliveboard.in.
Candidates who cleared the 12th Standard examination as of 1st January 2021 are eligible to appear for the SSC CHSL examination.
Yes, The SSC CHSL 2021 examination is being postponed because of the surge in the COVID-19 cases across the nation.
The revised exam date for reminding candidates will be announced soon. Kindly bookmark this link for updated information regarding the examination.
There is no bar on percentage; any aspirant who had passed the 12th class can apply for the SSC CHSL examination.
The Tier-I SSC CHSL examination is an Objective Multiple Type Examination conducted online, while the Tire-II is a Pen and Paper mode of exam.
The aspirant’s age must be between 18 and 27 years to be eligible for writing the SSC CHSL 2021 Examination.
Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for any wrong answers.
The SSC CHSL examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates to the posts of Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Sorting Assistant (SA), Postal Assistant (PA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO) posts, etc.
Yes, candidates need to appear in all the tiers of the examination to qualify for the SSC CHSL recruitment process.