Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CHSL official notification 2020 and the SSC CHSL notification 2020 pdf download is now available on the ssc.nic.in (SSC Official website). Every year SSC notifies about the recruitment for the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various Central Government Departments and Ministries. SSC released the SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification mentioning the basic details like registration date, exam date. Detailed Notification is out today i.e 6th Nov 2020. We have given you all the information you need to know in this blog like the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, SSC CHSL Pay-Scale etc. Let us start with SSC CHSL 2020 notification.
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Important Dates
- SSC CHSL Notification 2020 – Vacancies
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Selection Process
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Exam Pattern
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Syllabus
- SSC CHSL Notification 2020 – Application Fees
- SSC CHSL Notification 2020- Salary/Payscale
- SSC CHSL 2020 Preparation
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Important Dates
Tentative Dates for the SSC CHSL 2020 are listed in the following table.
|SSC CHSL Registration Start Date||06-11-2020|
|SSC CHSL Registration End Date||19-12-2020|
|Last Date of Online Payment||21-12-2020 (23:30)|
|Last Date for Generation of Offline Challan|
Last Date of Offline Payment (Challan)
|SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Examination Date||12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021|
|SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 2 Examination Date||To be notified later|
SSC CHSL Notification 2020 – Vacancies
Category-wise SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancy can be found in the table below.
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2021i.e. Candidates born not
before02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
- Age relaxation is provided for various categories as per government regulations.
- Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have
passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and
Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with
Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
You can take a free Mock Test from Here – SSC CHSL Free Mock Test
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Selection Process
- The examination will consist of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, the metric systems of weights and measures will be used.
- The dates of examinations indicated in the Notice are tentative. Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to candidates only through the website of the Commission.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking in the examination. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
The selection is done in the following three phases:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 (Computer Based Test)
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper)
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 (Typing and Skill Test)
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Exam Pattern
1. SSC CHSL Exam Pattern: Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)
This tier-I of the examination will consist of objective type – Multiple Choice Questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part- I, II & III. There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
2. SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Pattern: Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribe). The Paper will comprise of writing Essay/ Letter/ Application/ Precis etc.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
3. SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Pattern: Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification – Syllabus
Indicative Syllabus for the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and
Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence and Quantitative Aptitude parts.
SSC CHSL Notification 2020 – Application Fees
- Fee payable: Rs. 100/-
- The fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa/ Mastercard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit card
- SSC CHSL Apply Online 2020 – check the link here to apply.
SSC CHSL Notification 2020- Salary/Payscale
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs.
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Level-5(Rs.
- Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100).
SSC CHSL 2020 Preparation
As the SSC CHSL 2020 exam is going to be conducted Online, candidates have to be thorough with the Online Test Interface. On Oliveboard, you’ll find Mock tests based on the latest pattern and of varying difficulty levels to help you practice all possible types of questions. The Analytics feature will help you analyze your performance in real-time, clearly specifying your strong and weak sections and question types through Expert’s Analysis, along with the live scores and Ranking.
Have a Look at the Test Series
- 20 Mock Tests for SSC CHSL Tier 1
- All Topic Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Get Instant Discount of 60% OFF on all SSC Courses on Olivebaord. Use Code “MY60”
You can take a free Mock Test from Here – SSC CHSL Free Mock Test
That’s all from us in this blog. We hope you find the information provided here useful. Keep checking this page for more updates regarding SSC CHSL 2020 examination.
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials :
- Free GK Ebook – List of CMs, Governors, and CJIs (June– 2020)
- Important Summits and Conferences 2018 – Free Current Affairs Ebook
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf
- SSC CHSL 2019 Tier I Result Out @ssc.nic.in | 44856 Candidates Shortlisted
- SSC CHSL 2020-21 Apply Online Date Extend Till 26 Dec | Apply Now
- Best Guide To Fill SSC CHSL Post Preference 2020 | Download Options Form Here
- SSC CHSL Job Profile And Salary: All You Need To Know
- SSC CHSL Vacancy 2020 | Check Details of 4726 Vacancies Here
- Practice Questions on Remainder Theorem and Unit Digit for SSC
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now