Staff Selection Commission of India (SSC) has released the SSC MTS Recruitment 2021 Notification for the post of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Non-Technical Staff. In this blog, we are providing you with all the information you need to know about the SSC MTS 2021 Exam like SSC MTS Exam Pattern, Exam dates, Eligibility, Selection process, SSC MTS Salary, Syllabus, etc.
- SSC MTS 2021 – Exam Overview
- SSC MTS 2021 – Important Dates
- SSC MTS 2021 – FAQs
SSC MTS 2021 – Exam Overview
|Exam Name||SSC MTS 2021|
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Online|
|Exam Duration||Paper -I: 90 minutes|
Paper -II: 30 minutes
|Exam Language||English, Hindi and other regional languages|
SSC MTS 2021 – Important Dates
SSC MTS 2021 Important dates as per official notification are –
|SSC MTS 2021 Apply Online Start Date||05-Feb-2021|
|SSC MTS 2021 Last Date||21-Mar-2021|
|SSC MTS Tier 1 Exam Date||01-Jul-2021 to 20-Jul-2021|
|SSC MTS Tier 2 Exam Date||21-Nov-2021|
SSC MTS Vacancy 2021
As per the SSC MTS official notification, Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate‟s Corner-> Tentative Vacancy).
SSC MTS Posts
- Multi Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1
- General Central Service Group C Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post
SSC MTS 2021 – Eligibility
Age (As on 01.01.2021)
The age limits for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
- 18-25 years as on 01-01-2021 (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2003).
- 18-27 years as on 01-01-2021 (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003).
Educational Qualification (As on 01.01.2021)
The candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Note: Relaxation in Upper age limit as per Govt.’s norms.
SSC MTS Salary
The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs 1800, (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC: Pay Level in Pay Matrix – Level-1), a General Central Service Group C Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories.
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Paper-I) and a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II).
Paper-I (Computer Based Examination-Objective Type):
|Dates of Computer Based
|Part||Subject (Not in sequence)||Number of Questions/ Maximum
|Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|01-Jul-2021 to 20-Jul-2021||I||General English||25/ 25||90 Minutes
|II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25/ 25|
|III||Numerical Aptitude||25/ 25|
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 25|
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes|
SSC MTS Cut Off 2021
There will be separate category-wise, State/ UT-wise cut-offs in Paper-I. As the vacancies for MTS are in two age groups i.e. (i) 18 to 25 years and (ii) 18 to 27 years, the Commission may fix separate age group-wise, category-wise and State/ UT-wise cut- offs in Paper-I.
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Paper-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- Paper-II will be of descriptive type in which the candidate will be required to write a short essay or letter in English, or any language included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of categorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements. However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate score equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
- Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for Computer Based Examination (Paper-I):
Questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning will be non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. Questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple, of a level that an average matriculate will be in a position to answer comfortably. Questions on General Awareness will be also of similar standard.
English Language: Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability would be tested.
General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Numerical Aptitude: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Free General Awareness Ebooks
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- FREE Computer Awareness PDF: Study Notes for IBPS, IB ACIO & ECGC Exam
- BOLT – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | For Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams
SSC MTS Paper II Syllabus
Paper-II: The Paper will be set in Hindi, English and in other languages mentioned in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution as given in Annexure-XIV, to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. Candidates will be required to write one short essay/ letter.
SSC MTS Apply Online
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
- One-time Registration
- Filling online Application for the Examination
Download SSC MTS Official notification PDF –
SSC MTS 2021 Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC MTS Mock Test Series
To help you kick start your preparation in the right direction, Oliveboard brings to you SSC MTS Mock Test Series. Oliveboard’s SSC MTS Mock Tests will help you prepare for the actual exam because they will give you an idea of how the pressure and situation will be and this will help you feel more confident and more prepared. These Mock tests will also help you in judging and understanding your strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them better. Check what’s in store for you:
- 20 Mocks for SSC MTS
- SSC Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
That’s all from us in this post. We hope you found the information provided here useful. Keep checking this space for more updates related to SSC MTS 2021 Exam.
SSC MTS 2021 – FAQs
The application fee for SSC MTS exam is Rs 100. However, candidates belonging to reserved categories and females of all categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC MTS 2021 Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 01-Jul-2021 to 20-Jul-2021
Candidates need to pass X in order to be eligible for SSC MTS exam.
Yes, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks in paper-I of SSC MTS exam.
- SSC MTS Exam Date Out – Check Paper I Dates
- SSC MTS Exam 2021 – Vacancy, Syllabus, Pattern, Admit card
- SSC MTS Eligibility – Age Limit, Educational Qualification
- SSC MTS Result – Download Link, How to Check
- SSC MTS Salary & Job Profile
- Detailed SSC MTS Syllabus 2021 For Tier & Tier II| Check Here