The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test for Law or the MH CET Law examination is a state-level law entrance examination conducted by the state CET cell of Maharashtra. The exam is conducted for admission into the three-year LLB and the five-year LLB course that is offered by the law colleges in the Maharashtra state. Knowing all the details of the MHCET Law entrance exam notification lets, you apply to the over 145 participating colleges.
Overview Of The MHCET Law Entrance Exam Notification
The MHCET Law entrance exam notification is published by DTE Maharashtra. This is a state-level examination in which the candidates need to appear to get admission in the three years or five-year LLB program. Several colleges consider this score for admission into their law programs. The exam is also referred to as Maharashtra Law CET.
Here is the schedule of the three years and five-year LLB courses.
|Events||For 5 Year LLB||For three years LLB|
|Application starting date||Jan 4th week 2022||February 3rd week 2022|
|Last date to submit the application||March 3rd week 2022||April 4th week 2022|
|Facility for correction||March 3rd week 2022||April 4th week 2022|
|Admit card availability||April 2nd week 2022||May 2nd week 2022|
|Examination date||April 4th week 2022||June 1st week 2022|
|Result announcement||May 3rd week 2022||June 3rd week 2022|
|Counselling starting date||July 4th week 2022||July 3rd week 2022|
MH CET Law Exam Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the law institutes in Maharashtra, you should ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria. Here is the MHCET Law entrance exam notification on eligibility. Make sure that you meet all of them; else, your application form will stand rejected.
- The candidate should be an Indian national
- The candidate who holds a Maharashtra domicile is eligible for 85% of the seats in the law colleges.
- There are only 15% seats for the students who come from outside Maharashtra.
There is no age limit for both the three years and the five year LLB program
For the LLB (5 years) course
- The candidate should have cleared the 10 plus 2 examinations from any recognized board.
- They should have secured 45% marks in the qualifying exam, and the qualifying mark is 40% for the reserved category candidate.
For the LLB (3 years) course
- The candidates should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- The general and the reserved category candidates should have 45% and 40% marks in the qualifying examination, respectively
Read on for more details: MHCET Law Entrance Exam Syllabus, MHCET Law Entrance Exam Pattern, MHCET Law Entrance Exam Application Form
MHCET Exam Pattern
You should be aware of the MHCET Law entrance exam notification to ensure that you do not miss out on any critical information and the key dates. Also, make sure to know the MH CET Law exam pattern to prepare well for the examination.
- The MHCET Law entrance exam is a computer-based examination
- There are a total of 150 multiple choice questions
- The applicant will be awarded one mark for every right answer
- There are no negative markings in the examination
- The MH CET Law exam is conducted in the Marathi and English language
- The candidate will be tested on General Knowledge, English, Mathematical Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude.
Apply for the MH CET law exam online
The MHCET Law entrance exam notification is published on the official website. You should make sure to go through all the details carefully before you apply for the MH CET law 5-year or the 3-year course online. To apply, you will first have to fill up a detailed application form. The application form will be online as soon as the notification is released.
Here are the steps that you need to flow,
- Visit the official MH CET website which is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/
- Click on Click here for New Registration to register with a valid email id
- There will be a provisional registration number and password which will be generated for log in
- Make sure to complete the application form and verify all the information before you submit form
- Upload your photo and signature as per the specification given
- You need to then pay the application fee through the online payment mode
- After you click on the final submit button, you will not be able to make any changes
- Make sure to print the application to keep for your future reference.
Preparing for the MH CET exam
The MH CET law examination is a tough one, so make sure that you understand the examination paper pattern and the kind of questions that are asked in the examination. Make sure to go through the syllabus to ensure that you timely complete it. Do not miss out on any MHCET Law entrance exam notification that is released on the official site; else, you may have to wait for another year to appear for the examination.
The MH CET Law entrance exam is conducted each year by the state common entrance test cell for admission to the undergraduate law programs offered by several colleges in Maharashtra. The examination dates and other MHCET Law entrance exam notification are announced by the authorities on the official website. Make sure to follow the notification so that you do miss out on the details and end up losing a year.
Q1. Why should I keep a tab on the MHCET Law entrance exam notification?
A. The MH CET authority body conducts the examination and releases the MHCET Law entrance exam notification on the official website. You should keep a check on any new notification; else, you may miss out on something important and see your application getting rejected.
Q2. What is the application fee to pay for each category?
A. The application fee for the open category, outside Maharashtra state category, Jammu and Kashmir migrant, and the EWS Maharashtra candidates is Rs 800.
The reserved category belonging only to the Maharashtra state needs to pay Rs. 600 Rs application fee.
The fees can be paid online through mobile wallets, credit and debit cards, IMPS, and cash cards.
Q3. I am a final year student of graduation. Can I still apply for the MH CET law examination?
A. Yes, you can apply for the three-year LLB program. You should, however, have completed your graduation at the time of admission.