The Punjab National Bank (PNB), India's first Swadeshi bank, began operations from Lahore on April 12, 1895, with an authorised capital of INR 2 lac and a working capital of INR 20,000. The bank was founded in the spirit of nationalism, and it was the first bank entirely managed by Indians and funded entirely by Indian capital. PNB has merged/ amalgamated with 9 banks during the course of its lengthy existence.
PNB announced 147 vacancies for various posts under Credit Officer through official notification released on 21 May 2022. The online application for PNB Credit officer post will be started by PNB on 22 April 2022. The last date for filling the application is 7 May 2022. The PNB will compile a merit list based on the written tests. As a result, applicants must obtain the PNB Credit Officer Syllabus and complete each topic before the test. If you complete the entire syllabus, you will undoubtedly obtain a high test score.
PNB Credit Officer Syllabus
The syllabus for the PNB Credit Officer exam comprises questions from four sections: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English & Professional Knowledge (Financial Management). The detailed syllabus of PNB Credit Officer is mentioned in the below table.
|Articles, Adverbs, Verb Agreement, Idioms and Phrases, Tenses, Error Corrections, Vocabulary, Comprehensions, Grammar, Sentence Arrangements, Fill in the blanks, Synonyms, Unseen Passages, Error Correction
|Analogy, Classification, Logical Sequence, Missing series, Coding-decoding, Dice & cubes, Water image, mirror image, figure matrix.
|Average, numbers, compound interests, partnership, problem on ages, calendar, boats and streams, clock, height and distance, percentage, pipes and cisterns, profit and loss, speed, time and distance, simple interest, problem on trains, time and work
|Accounts, Financial management, cost management, banking awareness.
The detailed syllabus for Professional Knowledge has not been provided in the notification. But, based on the pattern and similar profiles, we have compiled the topics which might be asked under Professional knowledge section.
1. Credit Management in Banks
Screening of Applications-Appraisal of Credit-Sanction Limit- Post Sanction Compliance - Monitoring Supervision - Review- Government Policies for Credit Extension- Credit Institutions- Principles of Good Lending- Borrower Study and Bankers Opinion- Credit Policy by Banks- Government Regulation of Credit -Prudential Norms.
2. Over View of Credit Policy and Loan Characteristics
The Credit Process –Characteristics of Different Types of Loans- Evaluating Commercial Loan Requests - Financial Statement Analysis- Cash Flow Analysis- Projections-Management of the Firm and other Factors -Feasibility Study - Fundamental Credit Issues - Credit Analysis-Different Types of Borrowers - Balance Sheet Analysis for Lending - Forms of Advances Secured and Unsecured Advances- Short Term and Long-Term Advances.
3. Evaluating consumer loans
Types- Credit analysis of consumer loans- Risk-return analysis of consumer loans- Customer profitability analysis and loan pricing- Fixed Vs floating rates
4. Loan and Advances Against Pledge
Hypothecation- Mortgage - Lien- Advances Against Goods- Document to Title to Goods - Life Insurance Policies - Stock Exchange Securities-Fixed Deposit Receipts - Book Debts- Supply Bills- Real Estates - Advance Against Collateral Securities
5. Agricultural Finances and Retail Lending
Crop Loans- Crop Insurance Schemes- Dairy- Sericulture- Poultry- Animal husbandry - Horticulture - Kissan Credit Cards - NABARD Initiatives - Lead Bank Schemes - Retail Banking Advances - Concept - Retail Banking Products - Consumer Credit Financing.
6. NPA Management
Introduction- Identification of NPAs- Asset Classification- Prudential Norms- Capital Adequacy - International Banking Regulation-Basel Norms - Asset Classification Provisioning - Effect of NPA on Profitability - Assessment Procedure- Pre-sanction Appraisal - Post Sanction Supervision- Monitoring Systems for existing and likely NPAs-Tools to manage NPAs -Compromise Scheme, Lok Adalat, Debt Recovery Tribunals, Wilful Defaulters, SARFAESI Act, Asset Reconstruction Companies-CIBIL.
PNB Credit Officer Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates will go through online tests and/or GD and/or personal interviews, depending on the number of applicants/eligible candidates.
Online Exam Pattern
The structure of the online examination will be as under:
|Name of Tests
|No. of Questions
- The tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- The test for the English Language will be of qualifying nature.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
Personal Interview will be conducted by Bank in the following manner:
- Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks as decided by the Bank in Part-I, will be considered for shortlisting for Interview on the basis of merit prepared as per marks obtained by them in Part-II i.e. Professional Knowledge Test, provided they fulfil the other eligibility criteria with regard to Educational qualification and Post qualification work experience for the respective post.
- Personal Interview will be of 25 marks. Minimum qualifying marks in interview shall be 45% i.e. 11.25 for SC/ST candidates & 50% i.e. 12.5 for other candidates.
- Candidates will be provisionally selected for issuing offer of appointment on the basis of aggregate scores obtained by them in Online Written Test Part-II i.e. Professional Knowledge Test and Interview. A candidate should therefore qualify both in the Online Written Test as well as in interview and be sufficiently high in the merit besides fulfilling other eligibility criteria, to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional appointment.
Applicants who do not know the PNB Credit Officer Syllabus 2022 will not be able to do well in the written test. As a result, the Bank of India has posted the curriculum, as well as the Bank Of India Credit Officer Examination Pattern, on its main website. We hope you found this post useful in learning more about the PNB Credit Officer Syllabus and Exam Pattern. You have plenty of time to study for it. Also, keep in mind that an MCQ test necessitates a deep understanding of the subject. So get a hold of the curriculum, read it, and begin studying. Study hard and give it everything you've got. You will be successful.