RBI Assistant Language Test 2023
RBI Assistant Language Test 2023: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will release the 2023 notification for the recruitment of Assistants in various offices of the RBI across India soon. RBI Assistant examination consists of three phases i.e. Preliminary Exam (Objective – Online Test) (Phase 1), Main Exam (Objective – Online Test) (Phase 2), Language Proficiency Test. The candidates who qualify in the preliminary examination will appear for the mains examination and the candidates who qualify mains examination have to undergo RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test. Wondering what is the Language Proficiency Test? why is it conducted? How to Prepare for it? etc. To know the answer to all your questions, Read here on RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test. Before moving into detail, let's have a look at the RBI Assistant Selection Procedure.
RBI Assistant Language Test 2023 – Selection Procedure
The RBI Assistant Recruitment Process has the following stages -:
- Phase 1 – Preliminary Exam (Objective – Online Test)
- Phase 2 – Main Exam (Objective – Online Test)
- Final Phase – Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
What is the Language Proficiency Test?
The Regional Language Proficiency Test is an integral part of the recruitment process for every post in RBI. It is a test given by qualifiers of mains examination. The language proficiency test is conducted to make sure that candidates should be well versed with the local language failing which they will not be selected as RBI Assistant 2023. The LPT is conducted in the Official / Local Language of the concerned state. LPT is just of qualifying nature.
Why is LPT Conducted?
A language proficiency test is conducted to test the local language proficiency of Assistants, whose responsibilities include public interaction.
What is the pattern of LPT?
The pattern for LPT is mentioned below, the bank may conduct both oral and written test:
- Reading Comprehension (5 Questions).
- Questions on basic Grammar.
- Letter Writing and Essay Writing.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- No marks: Qualifying in nature
- Conducted in Official/ Local Language of State.
What is office-wise official Language?
The Office wise local language/s is/are as follows:
- Ahemdabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneshwar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri.
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali
- Mumbai – Marathi
- Nagpur – Marathi/ Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
To know more watch here
Tips to Prepare for the Language Proficiency Test:
- Read newspapers and books in the regional language.
- Try to translate paragraphs.
- Clear the basics.
- Writing skills must also be enhanced and errors must be rectified.
Note: The LPT is of qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in it are not considered for the final selection.