IBPS AFO Notification
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection had released the IBPS AFO Notification on 1st August 2023 on the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in). The notification had been released to recruit 500 candidates as Agriculture Field Officers (AFOs). This article will provide all the information required about IBPS AFO Notification 2023, so do not miss out any section of the blog.
IBPS AFO Notification 2023
The recruitment for IBPS AFO 2023 comes under the overall recruitment process for IBPS Speciality Officers (SO). A total of 500 posts are available for IBPS AFO 2023. The registration process for IBPS AFO was open from 1st August 2023 to 28th August 2023. The Prelims Exam was held on 30th & 31st December 2023 and mains was held on 28th January 2024.
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Overview
One must be fully aware of the exam one is going to appear for, hence it becomes extremely important to have an overview. You can find a brief overview of the notification below.
|IBPS AFO Recruitment 2023
|Exam Conducting Body
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
|Govt Jobs 2023 (Agriculture Category)
|Agriculture Field Officer (AFO)
|IBPS AFO Notification Release Date
|31st July 2023
|Apply Online Start Date
|01st August 2023
|Apply Online Last Date
|21st August 2023
28th August 2023 (Extended Date)
IBPS AFO Notification PDF 2023
The notification for the post of Agricultural Field Officer was released on 1st August 2023. Candidates could register for the same on the official website of IBPS only till 28th August 2023. The provisional allotment to the candidates is expected to be done till April 2024. The Prelims Exam is expected in December 2023. Download IBPS AFO Notification PDF for more details.
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Important Dates
Candidates interested in joining the IBPS AFO recruitment process should know all the major events and their dates. Candidates can find the dates provided by IBPS for various events of the IBPS AFO recruitment 2023 below.
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates
|1st August 2023 to 28th August 2023
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)
|1st August 2023 to 28th August 2023
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary
|21st December 2023
|Online Examination – Preliminary
|30th & 31st December 2023
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary
|16th January 2024
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Mains
|18th January 2024
|Online Examination – Mains
|28th January 2024
|Declaration of Result of Online Mains Examination
|16th February 2024
|Download of call letters for interview
|22nd February 2024
|Conduct of interview
|7th March 2024
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Apply Online Link
The registration process for IBPS AFO began on 1st August 2023, and closed on the 28th of August 2023. IBPS advises candidates to fill out the form at the earliest, to avoid any last-minute hassles due to unforeseen technical issues. The aspirants must make a note that the below given link is inactive as the application window already closed.
Direct IBPS AFO Apply Online Link (Link Inactive)
How to fill IBPS AFO Application Form?
The steps involved in the IBPS AFO application process is as follows-
- Visit the official site of IBPS.
- Click on the “Click here for new registration” tab on the right-hand corner of the IBPS online website to start the registration process
- You will be directed to a new page where you need to enter some important details.
- Enter your details such as Name, contact number, Email ID, etc in the space provided.
- After filling in the above-mentioned details, a registration number and a password will be sent to the registered email ID and Contact Number as provided by you.
- On the next page, you will be required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format only.
- The dimensions for the photograph and signature are listed below.
|Passport Size Photograph
|200 x 230 Pixels
|20 – 50 KB
|140 x 60 Pixels
|10 – 20 KB
|IBPS AFO Application Form
|IBPS AFO Eligibility
|IBPS AFO Exam Date
|IBPS AFO Admit Card
|IBPS AFO Syllabus
|IBPS AFO Salary
|IBPS AFO Result
|IBPS AFO Selection Process
|IBPS AFO Previous Year Cut Off
IBPS AFO Application Fee 2023
Fees need to be paid using only online channels. The table below highlights the fees for the application.
|Intimation Charges only
|₹ 175/- (including GST)
|Application fees including intimation charges
|₹ 850/- (including GST)
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS AFO through the IBPS Scientific Officers recruitment. Candidates can find the IBPS AFO eligibility criteria below.
| – A Citizen of India
– A Subject of Nepal
– A Subject of Bhutan
– Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to 1st January 1962 intending to live in India permanently.
– Persons of Indian origin who migrated from Vietnam/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Malawi/ Zambia / Tanzania/ Uganda/ Kenya/ Sri Lanka/ Burma /Pakistan, intending to reside permanently in India, will be eligible.
|Minimum – 20 years, Maximum – 30 years
|4-year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering/ Sericulture
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The syllabus and exam pattern for IBPS AFO Prelims and Mains are different. Candidates can find the syllabus and exam pattern for both below.
IBPS AFO Prelims Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS AFO Prelims is given below.
Order and Ranking
Distance and Direction
Fill in the BlanksPara/Sentence Completion
Average Profit and Loss Ratio and Proportion Work,Time and EnergyTime and Distance
Simple and Compound Interest
Permutation and Combination
Books and Authors Awards
Prime Minister Schemes
IBPS AFO Prelims Exam Pattern
The IBPS AFO Prelims Exam Pattern is given below.
|No. of Questions
IBPS AFO Mains Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS AFO Mains exam is given below.
|IBPS AFO Mains Syllabus
|Basics of Crop Production
|Agronomy and Irrigation
IBPS AFO Mains Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for IBPS AFO Mains is as follows-
|No of Questions
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Admit Card
Candidates can understand how to download the IBPS AFO admit card through the steps below.
- Visit the official website of IBPS at www.ibps.in.
- In the left hand side menu, click on CRP Specialist Officers
- Click on Common Recruitment Process for Specialist Officers XIII
- Click on “Click here to Download Online Mains Exam Call Letter for Specialist Officer- XIII (CRP SPL-XIII”
- Enter your login details – Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/DOB.
- Enter the captcha correctly.
- Click on Login
- Download the admit card. Go through the document very carefully and check for any discrepancies
- Print 2 copies of the IBPS AFO admit card for reference.
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Result
The steps to download the result for IBPS AFO 2023 is given below.
- Go to the official website of IBPS (https://www.ibps.in/)
- Click on the left side panel and click on Check Preliminary Result for IBPS AFO-XIII”
- Click on the result of IBPS AFO
- Fill in your correct details like registration number, date of birth, etc.
- Fill in the number as shown in the captcha.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the scorecard for future reference
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Cut Off
The previous year cut off for IBPS AFO are as follows –
IBPS AFO 2022 Prelims Cut Off
The cut off for the IBPS AFO 2022 prelims is given below.
|AGRICULTURAL FIELD OFFICER
IBPS AFO Mains 2022 Cut Off
Candidates can find the cut off for IBPS AFO Mains 2022 here:
|Agriculture Field Officer (Scale I)
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Salary
An IBPS AFO’s salary includes a Basic pay of Rs. 23,700/- They have a pay scale in the range of 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020. In addition to the basic pay, IBPS AFO are eligible for some perks and allowances which are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance.
- House Rent Allowance.
- Transport Allowance.
- Newspaper reimbursement.
- Hospitalization reimbursement.
- Deputation Allowance.
- PF Allowance.
IBPS AFO Job Profile
The job profile for IBPS AFO is as given below-
- Promotes banks’ loan products in rural areas, particularly among farmers.
- Meets and maintains a good relationship with farmers and thereby generates Leads
- Conducts pre-loan sanction inspection
- Follows up in case of recovery of loans
- Ensures the proper recovery of loan
- Getting the acknowledgment of debt
IBPS AFO Notification 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
The notification for the IBPS AFO 2023 was released on 1st August 2023.
The IBPS AFO application started on 1st August 2023.
The last date to apply for IBPS AFO 2023 was 28th August 2023.
Candidates should have a 4-year degree in Agriculture or related fields.
IBPS has released a total of 500 vacancies for AFO.
Preparing for Regulatory or Agricultural Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Get Daily FREE Material for all Regulatory and Agricultural Exams – Join Regulatory / Agriculture Exam Telegram Channel
Attempt Engaging Quiz on YTC and get complete study material and classes for all Agriculture Exams – Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Agriculture Exam Youtube Channel
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Exam Date 2024, All Phases Dates
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Apply Online 2024, Direct Application Link
- 25 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!