Overall Pattern:-The overall paper was higher in difficulty and more time consuming than the 2012 paper. This took many students by surprise.
Here is a breakup by section:-
Visual Reasoning questions were NOT asked for the first time. The section was dominated by questions from Analytical & Critical reasoning (inference, assumption, courses, cause-effect) while traditional questions such as Input-Output were made time consuming with increased number of steps provided. Even the Data Sufficiency saw 3 statement questions which was not what students were used to.
The Reading Comprehension portion with 2 passages of 10 questions each was tougher and more time consuming whereas the rest of the section was quite easy.
Some of the easy topics such as Simplification has been removed and the Data Interpretation was very time consuming. The Data Interpretation section was the one that students struggled with the most as it had very time consuming (although not difficult) questions. This section was definitely a levels higher than previous examinations.
No surprises here as Banking Awareness topic dominated this section.
These questions were moderate and could have been attempted by anyone with basic computer knowledge. Topics included Databases, Microsoft Office-Word & Excel, Hardware, Networking
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test