IBPS PO Eligibility -: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has in the IBPS calendar 2021 declared the examination date of Probationary Officer in advance. According to the IBPS calendar, the preliminary examination will be held on 9th, 10th, 16, and 17th October 2021, and the main examination on 27th November 2021. A notification regarding this will be released sometime in the first week of August on www.ibps.in.
IBPS PO examination is eagerly awaited by the candidates appearing for different bank examinations. The number of vacancies offered in this examination is very high. Continue reading to know more about the IBPS PO Eligibility and other important dates and details.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should meet all the IBPS PO Eligibility criteria listed below to qualify for recruitment.
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India or
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
Candidates belonging to categories ii, iii, iv, and v should produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India whenever asked by IBPS.
Also Read: IBPS PO Exam
The candidate should be between 20 to 30 years of age. Candidate should be born on or later than 2nd August 1991 and born on or earlier than 1st August 2001. Upper age relaxations are provided to reserved categories. The age relaxations are given below:
Age Relaxations of Upper Age Limit for Reserved Categories
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers, which includes Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year)||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||years|
- The relaxation in the maximum age limit for Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class candidates is on a cumulative basis.
- If the Scheduled Tribes candidate has a physical disability, they will get a relaxation of a maximum of 15 years for the upper age limit. No other exemptions will be allowed.
- No upper age limit relaxation will be given to General and Economically Weaker Section Category candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation shall produce relevant documents both in original as well as photocopies to prove their claim.
- An Ex-Serviceman who has already availed the benefits given to him as an ex- Serviceman for re-employment will not get the benefit a second time.
- There are no reservations for Ex-servicemen in Officer Cadre.
The candidate should have a graduation degree or any equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized University.
- The candidate must pass the qualifying examination by August 2021.
- The date mentioned on the mark sheet/ scorecard will be considered as the date of passing the degree.
- The educational qualification document will have to be submitted at the time of the interview.
- Candidates must specify the percentage obtained in Graduation, calculated to the nearest two Decimals in their applications.
- The fraction of percentage arrived will be ignored, i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%, and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
The candidate must be computer savvy and have knowledge of computer systems. Knowledge of computers is a necessity of the job.
The candidate should be proficient in the written and spoken official language of the State/ Union Territory. The Candidate must be able to read, write and speak the language.
IBPS PO Eligibility – Reservation
Candidates who are not eligible for the existing reservations but the gross annual income of their family members less than Rs.8,00,000/- will be identified as candidates from the Economically Weaker Section and will be eligible for the benefits of 10% reservation in the vacancies announces by IBPS. The family income of such candidates will be calculated through revenue from all sources such as salary, agriculture, business, profession, and others. It will be calculated from the income of the financial year prior to the application. The candidates whose family possesses the following assets but has a yearly income of Rs.8,00,000/- only will not be eligible for the reservation.
▪ ▪5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
Unser Section 234 of the rights, the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, people with the following disabilities are eligible for Reservation.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- locomotors disability
- autism, learning disability, intellectual disability, and mental illness;
- multiple disabilities
If you have been trying for a Government job but have been unsuccessful, here is a golden opportunity for you in the form of the IBPS PO 2021 examination. The IBPS has announced the examination dates well in advance of the notification for the recruitment, which will be released somewhere in the first week of August 2021. The Preliminary exams will be held in October 2021, and the Mains will be held on 27th November 2021. You have got enough time to prepare for the exam and realize your dream. Regularly check the official website for any future announcements. Start going through the relevant topics and books. Study diligently and retain the knowledge. Work hard and be confident. You will certainly succeed.
Also Read for more details: IBPS PO Exam Pattern
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
The minimum age to apply for the post of PO is 20 years.
What is the minimum age for IBPS PO Eligibility? The minimum age to apply for the post of PO is 20 years.
The official website of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is www.ibps.in.