IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has released the IBPS RRB 2021 notification to recruit Group ‘A’ Officers (Scale I, II and III) and Group ‘B’ Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRB). IBPS has laid down a set of eligibility conditions for IBPS RRB “X” or 2021 which all aspiring candidates must fulfill to enter into the banking domain. The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, and nationality that candidates need to fulfill to apply for the exam. Candidates before applying for the IBPS RRB posts have to make sure that fulfill the eligibility criteria. Read below for complete details on IBPS RRB Eligibility 2021.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria Factors
The IBPS authority sets the IBPS RRB eligibility criteria based on 3 major factors –
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
IBPS RRB 2021 Nationality
A candidate writing the IBPS RRB 2021 exam must belong to the following nationalities:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
IBPS RRB Age Limit
There is an upper and lower age limit set by the IBPS. The age limit varies as per the scale of officers.
The IBPS RRB age limit set (As on July 1, 2021) for general category candidates according to the posts are given below:
- For Officer Scale – III (Senior Manager) – Above 21 years – Below 40 years, i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than July 3rd 1981 and later than May 31st 2000 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-II (Manager) – Above 21 years – Below 32 years, i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than July 3rd 1989 and later than May 31st 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- For Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager) – Above 18 years – below 30 years, i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than July 3rd 1991 and later than May 31st, 2003 (both dates inclusive).
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) – Between 18 years and 28 years, i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than July 2nd 1993 and later than July 1st, 2003 (both dates inclusive)
The table below gives an idea about the age relaxation for reserved candidates:
|Category||IBPS RRB Age Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under ‘ The Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016’||10 years|
|Ex-Serviceman/ Disabled Ex-Serviceman||(For the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)The actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years ( 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST)subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|In the case of ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have released on completion of assignment other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability, subject to the ceiling as per Government guidelines||(for the post of officers)5 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||(only for the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Important points related to the relaxation in age
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis together with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Officers Scale I, II and II and seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificates at the time of interview.
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) are required to produce the certificates at the time of verification of documents on the day of joining.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, the certificate should specifically mention that they do not belong to the creamy layer. Such candidates cannot avail of the relaxation and they must apply under General category.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group C and D will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- Ex-Servicemen category will be ceased from candidates for employment on the civil side if they have previously availed the relaxation benefits in seeking employment in civil services before applying for the exam.
- Candidates who have previously served in the armed forces will be categorized as ex-servicemen. They can apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail relaxations available to ex-servicemen. They will not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete their tenure in Armed Forces Union.
IBPS RRB Eligibility – Education & Experience
IBPS has laid down several educational criteria depending on the posts.
Different educational requirements for different IBPS RRB posts are as follows:
|IBPS RRB Posts||Educational Qualification||Experience|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.(i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB(ii) Working knowledge of computer||Not Required|
|Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy will be given preference.(i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB(ii) Working knowledge of computer||Not required|
|Officer Scale-IIInformation Technology Officer||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc||1 year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIChartered Accountant||Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered|
Accountants of India
|1 Year as a Chartered|
|Officer Scale-IILaw Officer||Degree from a recognised University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.||2 years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
|Officer Scale-II Treasury Manager||Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIMarketing Officer||MBA in Marketing from a recognized university||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIAgricultural Officer||Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate||2 Years in the relevant|
|Officer Scale-III(Senior Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy||Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
- All the educational qualifications should be recognised and I have declared the result as on the date of application
- Candidates must possess proper documents issued by the university mentioning that the result has been declared by them. In case the result has been declared online, a certificate duly signed by the authority must be provided at the time of the interview in the original
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application
Proficiency in local language is an essential qualification for recruitment of Officers Scale I & Office Assistant (Multipurpose).
- Candidates should have studied the language of the state in Class 8 or any level above Class 8 in government-recognized boards.
- Candidates who do not meet the requirement in the local language at the time of selection will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire proficiency.
RRBs Participating in IBPS 2021 Exam & Local Languages
|Name of RRBs||Present Head Office||State / UT||Desired Local Language Proficiency as prescribed|
by the Participating RRBs
|Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas|
|Andhra Pragathi Gramin Bank||Kadapa||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank||Naharlagun|
|Aryavart Bank||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|Assam Gramin Vikash Bank||Guwahati||Assam||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||Murshidabad||West Bengal||Bengali|
|Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank||Vadodara||Gujarat||Gujarati|
|Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin|
|Baroda U P Bank||Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit|
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank||Guntur||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||Raipur||Chhattisgarh||Hindi|
|Dakshin Bihar Gramin Bank||Patna||Bihar||Hindi|
|Ellaquai Dehati Bank||Srinagar||Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Urdu, Gojri, Pahari, Ladakhi, Balti|
(Palli), Dardi, Hindi
|Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank||Mandi||Himachal Pradesh||Hindi|
|J & K Grameen Bank||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Pahari,|
Gojri, Punjabi, Ladakhi, Balti (Palli), Dardi, Urdu, Hindi
|Jharkhand Rajya Gramin Bank||Ranchi||Jharkhand||Hindi|
|Karnataka Gramin Bank||Bellary||Karnataka||Kannada|
|Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank||Dharwad||Karnataka||Kannada|
|Kerala Gramin Bank||Mallapuram||Kerala||Malayalam|
|Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank||Indore||Madhya Pradesh||Hindi|
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank||Sagar||Madhya Pradesh||Hindi|
|Maharashtra Gramin Bank||Aurangabad||Maharashtra||Marathi|
|Manipur Rural Bank||Imphal||Manipur||Manipuri|
|Meghalaya Rural Bank||Shillong||Meghalaya||Khasi, Garo|
|Mizoram Rural Bank||Aizawl||Mizoram||Mizo|
|Nagaland Rural Bank||Kohima||Nagaland||English|
|Odisha Gramya Bank||Bhubaneshwar||Odisha||Odia|
|Paschim Banga Gramin Bank||Howrah||West Bengal||Bengali|
|Prathama UP Gramin Bank||Moradabad||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank||Puducherry||Puducherry||Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu|
|Punjab Gramin Bank||Kapurthala||Punjab||Punjabi|
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank||Jodhpur||Rajasthan||Hindi|
|Saptagiri Grameena Bank||Chittor||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank||Rohtak||Haryana||Hindi|
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank||Rajkot||Gujarat||Gujarati|
|Tamil Nadu Grama Bank||Salem||Tamil Nadu||Tamil|
|Telangana Grameena Bank||Hyderabad||Telangana||Telugu, Urdu|
|Tripura Gramin Bank||Agartala||Tripura||Bengali, Kokborak|
|Utkal Grameen Bank||Bolangir||Odisha||Odia|
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank||Muzaffarpur||Bihar||Hindi|
|Uttarakhand Gramin Bank||Dehradun||Uttarakhand||Hindi, Sanskrit|
|Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank||Coochbehar||West Bengal||Bengali, Nepali|
|Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank||Nagpur||Maharashtra||Marathi|
IBPS RRB Eligibilty Criteria For EWS Candidates
- Persons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations to the Scheduled Castes, the Schedule Tribes and the Other Backward Classes and whose family has gross annual income below Rs.8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. and it will be income for the financial year prior to the year of application. Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:
i.) 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above;
ii.) Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
iii.) Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv.) Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
- The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
- The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS. The candidates shortlisted for document verification/interview shall be required to bring the requisite certificate as specified by the Government of India at the time of appearing for the process of document verification/interview.
- The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
- The instructions issued by the Government of India in this regard from time to time shall be adhered to.
IBPS RRB Complete Preparation
We have come up with IBPS RRB 2021 Selection Batch for both PO & Clerk. This course covers the complete syllabus for IBPS RRB PO+Clerk & help you in your selection. Let us have a look what all is provided in this course:
- Complete IBPS RRB PO 2021 Prelims + Mains Coverage
- 150+ New Data-Driven Concept Videos For Concept Building
- 125+ Total Hours of Live Learning & Practice
- 100+ Additional Live Classes For Revision & Mastery of Concepts
- 30+ Live Practice Sessions for Real-Time Practice
- Special Sessions on Hindi Language along with English
- Exact Exam Level Content for All Round Preparation
- 20 IBPS RRB PO Prelims Tests + 10 IBPS RRB PO Mains Test
- 20 IBPS RRB Asst Prelims Tests + 10 IBPS RRB Asst Mains Test
- Topic Tests + Sectional[Pre and Mains] Tests + GK Tests
- High-Level Reasoning + High-Level DI + English Tests
This is all from us in this blog, IBPS RRB Eligibility for different IBPS RRB posts. I hope the information provided above would be very helpful. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information
Read More IBPS RRB Blogs Here:
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Candidates must hold a degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Age Limit: 18 to 40 years (Vary as per the posts)
Yes, there is an age limit to apply for the IBPS RRB exam. The age limit for different posts are as follows:
For Office Assistant/Clerk, the age limit is between 18 and 28 years.
For Officers Scale I post, the age limit is between 18 and 30 years.
The age limit for Officers Scale II post is between 21 and 32 years.
The age limit for Officers Scale III post is between 21 and 40 years.
There are 3 phases of IBPS RRB 2021 exam –
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview Round (Only for officers scale)
Candidates who have completed their graduation as on the date of application can only apply for IBPS RRB exam.
Yes, it is necessary to have proficiency in the local language of the state candidates are applying to.
The application fee for IBPS RRB exam is Rs 850 for General and OBC candidates while it is Rs 175 for SC/ST/PwD categories.