The IBPS RRB Officer Scale I mains exam is on 30th Jan 2021. With just a day from the exam, we bring to you tips for IBPS RRB PO for the last few days, toppers’ tips along with toppers’ time strategy. The IBPS RRB PO mains exam consists of 5 sections – Reasoning, Computer Knowledge, General Awareness, English/Hindi Language, and Quantitative Aptitude. Both the sections will have 40 questions of 40 marks with 45 minutes of composite time duration with a total of 200 questions carrying 1 mark each.
IBPS RRB PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||Medium of Exam||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Candidates can opt either 4 a or 4 b.|
Note: One fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to a question will be deducted as penalty.
Marks obtained only in the main examination will be considered for shortlisting for interview and final merit listing.
Candidates will have to clear the sectional cut-off for each section along with the over cut-off score to be eligible for Interview Round.
Before the exam
- Do not practice or study too much the night before or on the day of the exam. Keep your mind fresh and active to help you stay focused for 60 minutes.
- Ensure you get a good night’s sleep (at least 8 hours) before your exam. Lack of adequate sleep can render the mind significantly slow especially when speed is the key during the exam
- Reach the center well in time to avoid any nervous energy and stress creeping in. Stress can further reduce your performance in a time-sensitive test.
- Carry the following with you: Exam Call Letter, a Photo ID Proof, a pen, and one copy each of the Call letter and the ID proof.
- Get used to the IBPS PO online interface. The IBPS PO test interface is not easy to get used to. Getting familiarized with it can give you a slight time advantage over the rest of the candidates who are unfamiliar with the interface. Click here to take the free mock IBPS PO in the actual interface to familiarize yourself.
During the exam
- Stick to the order of sections that you have decided before coming in: If you have been solving mock tests by following a certain order of sections that you attempt, stick to that. Do not change it. Build confidence by attempting the easy ones first. The confidence will create positive momentum for you to do well over the 60 minutes.
- Keep the difficult and time-consuming questions in each section for the end. Build confidence by attempting the easy ones in each section first. The confidence will create positive momentum for you to do well over the 60 minutes.
- Manage Time well:- Do not spend more than 20 minutes overall on General Awareness or Computer Knowledge. You either know the answer or you do not. Within each of the other sections as well, work on the easy ones before moving onto the more difficult ones.
- Do not get stuck on any question:- Give yourself a cut-off of, let’s say 90-120 seconds, and if any question takes more than that, leave it and you can return in case you have time. Remember, every question carries the same weightage within a section, so do not waste time on one question only.
- Do not take guesses: There is negative marking and hence be judicious on questions where you decide to mark an answer without knowing the correct option. You can choose to make educated guesses (or guesses after eliminating 2-3 incorrect options) but we do not recommend blind guesses.
IBPS RRB PO 2020 Last Minute Tips (Generic)
- Don’t learn anything new now
- Go through your study notes and take Revision Tests
- Eat & sleep well
- Stay confident
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Last Minute Section-Wise Tips for IBPS RRB PO Prelims
There will be 40 questions of 40 marks.
The reasoning section can be lengthy and time-consuming. Therefore, practice as many tests you can from logical and analytical reasoning, blood relations, syllogisms, circular seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, coded inequalities, etc. Also, make it a thumb rule to not waste too much time on one question.
There will be 40 questions of 40 marks.
The numerical ability section will test your speed and accuracy both. Practice questions from percentage, average, simple interest, and profit and loss as many you can in these last few days. Go through your Quant formulae notes; this is the best time to revise those notes.
Topper’s Tips for IBPS RRB PO
Chirag Gera (Cleared IBPS RRB Officer Scale I)
- Practice 100s of Puzzles
- Focus on scoring topics like puzzles/arrangement
- Solve different types of questions
- Attempt multiple mock tests
Toppers’ Time Strategy for IBPS RRB PO
Use the below time strategy as a guide. If you already have a strategy that works well for you, stick to it. If you don’t, adopt this one and see your performance in IBPS RRB Mock Tests. Analyze your performance and based on your knowledge of your weak and strong areas tweak the time that you spend on each section.
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Prelims – Toppers Time Strategy|
|Section||Questions||Marks||Time||Toppers’ Time Strategy|
|Reasoning||40||40||45 minutes||21 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||24 minutes|
Also, read the exam attempt strategy from the toppers.
This is all from us in this blog, last-minute tips for IBPS RRB PO. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information.
All the Best!
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test