SBI PO 2023
SBI PO Notification 2023 – The notification for SBI PO 2023 has been released on 6th September 2023 on the official SBI website sbi.co.in. SBI offers vacancies for PO positions every year to meet the manpower needs of its various branches. A total of 2000 vacancies are up for grabs. The registration for the same has begun on 7th September 2023. The last date to apply is 27th September 2023. Candidates can check the blog for more details.
SBI PO Notification 2023 PDF Link
SBI has released the SBI PO Notification 2023 PDF on the official website of SBI on 6th September 2023. The number of SBI PO vacancies is 2000. With the release of the notification, candidates will be able to access the details of the examination. The notification will help candidates in having a better knowledge of the vacancies, registration date, and other details. Candidates can download the SBI PO Notification 2023 PDF here.
SBI PO Notification 2023
The term SBI stands for State Bank of India, and it has several job openings throughout the year. PO stands for Probationary Officer, which is one of the most sought-after positions among graduates. Prelims, Mains, and GD/Interview are the three stages of the SBI PO Recruitment Exam. To be selected as a PO in SBI branches, candidates must pass all three phases. In this article, we will brief you on each detail of the SBI PO Examination 2023.
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Overview
Candidates who are willing to appear for the SBI PO examination must be aware of the overview details of the examination. We have mentioned below the overview details of the examination.
|Name of Exam||SBI PO 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Exam Category||Bank Exam|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Periodicity||Once a Year|
|Selection Process||3 (Prelims, Mains, and Interview)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||022-22820427|
|Join Group||Telegram Group|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Important Dates
In this table, we will provide you with all the details regarding the important dates of the SBI PO examination. The SBI PO Notification 2023 has been released and the dates provided for various important events in the recruitment are as follows.
|On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates||7th September to 3rd October 2023|
|Payment of Application Fee||7th September to 3rd October 2023|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ ST/ OBC/Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||10th October 2023|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||11th to 17th October 2023|
|Download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters||23rd October 2023|
|Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination||1st, 4th, and 6th November 2023|
|Declaration of Result of Preliminary Examination||December 2023|
|Download of Main Examination Call letter||November / December 2023|
|Phase-II: Online Main Examination||December 2023/ January 2024|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||December 2023 / January 2024|
|Download of Phase-III Call Letter||January / February 2024|
|Phase-III: Psychometric Test||January / February 2024|
|Interview & Group Exercises||January / February 2024|
|Declaration of Final Result||February / March 2024|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Vacancies
The number of SBI PO vacancies 2023 is 2000. Candidates can find a breakdown of the vacancies here:
|Category||SC||ST||OBC*||EWS^||GEN||Total||VI#||HI#||LD#||d & e# @|
Abbreviations for reference: SC- Scheduled Castes, ST- Scheduled Tribes, OBC- Other Backward Classes, EWS- Economically Weaker Section, GEN- General Category, PwBD-Person with Benchmark Disability, VI- Visually Impaired, HI- Hearing Impaired, LD- Locomotor Disability.
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Apply Online Link
Candidates can apply online for the SBI PO 2023 recruitment. Candidates can do registration only in online mode as offline applications are not accepted by the SBI. Aspirants must be fully aware of the online application procedure so they don’t make any mistakes while applying online. We have mentioned below the detailed procedure to apply online for the SBI PO 2023.
How to Apply Online for SBI PO Notification 2023?
The following is a step-by-step guide to filling out the SBI PO application form without difficulty:
- Click on the official link, https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
- Click the ‘Current Openings’ link at the bottom of the page.
- Now, select Probationary Officers from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the link to apply online.
- Go to the ‘Click here for New Registration’ section now.
- Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, you’ll see a Registration Number and a Password.
- Upload a scanned signature and a photo of yourself.
- Fill in your personal information as it appears on your educational certificate.
- Pay the application fee now with a debit card, credit card, or internet banking account.
- Finally, double-check the information and save a copy of the SBI PO form.
- Download it for future reference.
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Application Fees
Candidates who are willing to appear in the examination must be aware of the application fees of the SBI PO. To submit the application form, candidates need to make a payment of a particular amount. We have mentioned below the category-wise application fees for all the candidates.
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
SBI has a particular set of eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to be eligible to apply online for the SBI PO examination. We have mentioned below the detailed eligibility criteria to give a better idea to the candidates.:
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- As per Indian government regulations.
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2023 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2002 and not earlier than 02.04.1993 (both days inclusive). Aside from that, according to government regulations, there is an age relaxation for some categories of candidates:
- For SC/ST/EX-SM, there is a 5-year age relaxation.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities have been given a 4% horizontal reserve.
- 3 years for OBC and Relaxation defense the 10 years for PWDs.
|1||SC / ST||5 years|
|3||A person with disabilities (General/EWS)||10 years|
|4||A person with disabilities(SC /ST)||15 years|
|5||A person with disabilities(OBC)||13 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Service period in defence services 3 years (8 years in the case of Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a max. age of 50 years|
|8||Widows, Divorced women( No remarried)||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
- A candidate must be a graduate of a recognized university in any discipline or have an equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Candidates in their last year/semester are also eligible to apply, but only if they can show proof of graduation on the day of the interview.
SBI PO Number of Attempts
There are a specific number of attempts that candidates are allowed for SBI PO. The following table details the number of attempts according to the category.
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chances|
|General / EWS||4|
|General (PwBD) / EWS (PwBD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PwBD)/ ST/ ST (PwBD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Selection Process
The SBI PO Selection Procedure involves three phases: Prelims, Main, and Interview. Each round is equally significant, and thus qualifying in each round is necessary to advance to the next round till final selection.
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern is very crucial for the candidates to create their preparation strategy for the upcoming examination of SBI PO. We have provided below the exam pattern and syllabus details as per the notification.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern for SBI PO Prelims 2023:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
- Category-wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination.
- There will be no sectional cut-off.
- Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the number of vacancies in each category will be shortlisted for Main Examination.
SBI PO 2023: Mains Exam Pattern
The following are the details of the SBI PO mains exam pattern.
- The main Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Tests for 50 marks.
- The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after the conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
|Test||Name of the test||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||50 min|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||50||45 min|
|III||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||50||60||45 min|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Descriptive Paper-English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||50||30 min|
|Grand Total||250 marks|
- A negative marking of 1/4th will be applicable in both prelims and mains exams.
- Sectional Marks will not be maintained for both Preliminary & Main Examinations
SBI PO Psychometric Test
The Bank may conduct a Psychometric test for personality profiling, of those candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase III. Here is the exam pattern for the SBI PO phase-III exam.
|TEST STRUCTURE||GROUP EXERCISE||INTERVIEW||TOTAL|
SBI PO Final Selection 2023
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase II and Phase IIIseparately.
- The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Phase III for preparing the final merit list.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added to preparing the final merit list for selection.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in Phase II (Main Examination both Objective & Descriptive Tests) and Phase III (Group Exercise & Interview) will be normalized to 100 marks as detailed below.
|Test||Main Exam||Group Exercise||Total|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Syllabus
We have mentioned below the SBI PO Syllabus as per the previous year notification. Although, the syllabus is expected to remain same for this year too. We will update you with the latest syllabus once the notification is released. Under the SBI PO Exam Syllabus, there are minor differences in the topics asked in the Prelims and Mains examinations.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2023
|Topics||SBI PO Prelims Exam Syllabus|
|English Language||Reading and Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Vocabulary Test, Phrasal Verbs Para jumbles, Error Spotting, Fill in the qualifying words, Idioms and Phrases, Cloze Test, Fill in the blanks, Miscellaneous|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Mixtures & Alligations, Profit & Loss, Interest & Surds & Indices, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination &Probability, Time & Distance, Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Data Interpretation|
|Logical Reasoning||Syllogism, Inequality, Coding-Decoding, Series-based Question (Alphanumeric and Numeric), Machine Input-Output, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Miscellaneous Questions (Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking, etc.)|
SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2023
- Data Analysis & interpretation
- General Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Computer Aptitude
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Exam Centre
We have mentioned below the list of exam centres of the SBI PO Mains examination.
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Anand, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Yamunanagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur|
|Delhi -NCR||Delhi & New Delhi|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Admit Card
The admit card for the SBI PO examination will be issued by the recruitment board on its official website. Candidates can download the admit card from the direct link mentioned below once the admit card is released. Admit card will be only released after the completion of the registration procedure. Following is the procedure to download the admit card.
How to Download SBI PO Admit Card 2023?
- Click on the link mentioned above or visit the official website of SBI.
- Fill in your login credentials and get access.
- Click on the ‘SBI PO 2023 Recruitment’ link.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- You will soon see the SBI PO Mains 2023 admit card on the screen.
- Check the details on the admit card and download a soft copy
- Take a printout for future reference
Know more – SBI PO Admit Card
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Salary
Presently, the starting basic pay is 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A., H.R.A./ Lease rental, C.C.A., Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The following component is included in the allowances:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Furniture Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Travelling Allowance Questions
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Result
The results for the SBI PO Result 2023 exam will be released individually for all the stages. The final result will be announced on the official website of the SBI. A candidate will qualify only after he/she clears the written exam and the interview round. Aspirants can check their results by entering their registration number and password.
Know more: SBI PO Result
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Cut off
The SBI PO cut-off marks are declared by the State Bank of India selection board after the completion of each phase of the examination. However, the cut-off marks are not based on sectional results, but on the overall results, which include the written examination and the interview round. The cut-off marks vary for candidates in different categories.
Know more: SBI PO Cut Off
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Conclusion
To prepare for the SBI PO exam, look at the previous year’s question papers. Candidates must ensure that they have a good knowledge of basic maths, data analysis, and the general economy of India. Start preparing in advance and clarify any doubts you have beforehand. Time yourself when you attempt the mock tests to be better prepared for the actual exams.
|SBI PO Syllabus||SBI PO Admit Card||SBI PO Cut Off||SBI PO Exam Date|
|SBI PO Salary||SBI PO Eligibility||SBI PO Application Form||SBI PO Result|
SBI PO Notification 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The SBI PO Notification 2023 has been released on 6th September 2023.
A2. Candidates can apply online from the official site of SBI once the registration procedure starts.
A3. The general candidate can apply only 4 times, while an OBC can apply 7 times. SC/ST does not have any restrictions.
A4. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD category students is NIL, whereas the application fee for general and other category students is Rs. 750.
A5. In the SBI PO preliminary examination, there is no sectional cut-off.
A6. The age limit for SBI PO Exam is 21 years to 30 years.
A7. SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer.
A8. SBI PO 2023 will have 2000 vacancies.
- SBI PO Shift Timings 2023 for Mains, Check Exam Instructions
- SBI PO Mains Expected Cut Off 2023, All You Need to Know
- SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis 2023, 5th December, Good Attempts
- SBI PO Notification 2023 Out, Download PDF Here
- SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- SBI PO Mains Exam Date 2023 Out, Check Schedule
- SBI PO Prelims Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2023, 1st November 2023, All Shifts
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2023, 4th November 2023, All Shifts
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.