SSC Math Syllabus
SSC CGL Maths Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude is one of the most time-taking and lengthy sections of the SSC CGL Examination. To prepare properly for this section and to create the right strategy, candidates need to have the proper knowledge of the exam pattern and the syllabus. In this blog, we will brief you regarding the SSC CGL Maths syllabus.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Overview
|Tiers||Paper Type||Exam Mode|
|Tier – 1/I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – 2/II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
This exam is mandatory for all aspirants appearing in the SSC CGL. It can be regarded as the preliminary exam
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
In this phase, two exams are conducted on the same day, the details of the Tier-II exams are listed below
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the overall performance of candidates in the Tier-II Examination only. The total time duration is 2 hours 15 minutes for Paper – 1 and 2 hours for Paper – 2 and 3 each.
(2 hours and 15 minutes)
|I (1 hour )||Module I – Mathematical abilities |
Module II – Reasoning and General Intelligence
Total – 60
|60 x 3= 180|
|II (1 hour )||Module I – English Language Comprehension|
Module II – General Awareness
Total = 70
|70 x 3 =|
|III (15 minutes)||Module – I – Computer Knowledge module||20||20 x 3 = 60|
|II (15 minutes)||III||Module – II : Data Entry Speed Test||One data entry task|
|II||2 hours||Statistics (Paper I & II as above)||100||100 x 2|
|III||2 hours||General Studies (Paper I & II as above) (Finance & Economics)||100||100 x 2|
SSC CGL Maths Syllabus 2023
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots, Averages
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Basic algebra
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances.
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Maths
SSC CGL is a highly competitive exam, and the mathematics section is an important part of it. Here are some preparation tips for SSC CGL maths:
- Understand the exam pattern: It is essential to understand the exam pattern before starting your preparation. The SSC CGL maths section includes questions from Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, and Data Interpretation.
- Make a study plan: Make a study plan that includes all the topics mentioned above, and allot time accordingly. Also, make sure to allocate more time for difficult topics and practice more questions.
- Get the right study material: Get the right study material for SSC CGL maths, such as books, online resources, and previous year’s question papers. This will help you understand the types of questions that have been asked in the past and help you practice accordingly.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice is key to success in SSC CGL maths. Practice as many questions as possible, and try to solve them within the given time limit.
- Focus on weak areas: Identify your weak areas and focus more on those topics. Work on improving your understanding of these topics by watching online tutorials or taking help from your teacher or mentor.
- Take mock tests: Take mock tests regularly to assess your progress and identify areas where you need to improve. This will also help you improve your time management skills.
- Revision: Revision is crucial for SSC CGL maths. Revise all the important formulas, concepts, and shortcuts regularly.
SSC Math Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding of the SSC CGL Maths Syllabus. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website.
- World Braille Day 2024 – Theme, History & Significance
- Haryana TET Result 2023, Direct Link to Check
- SBI Apprentice Exam Analysis 2023, 4th December, All Shifts
- SSC Delhi Police Answer Key 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- Important Days in January 2024, Check National and International Dates
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!