Government jobs are some of the most coveted jobs out there, due to the stability they provide even when you retire. Even though many consider private jobs very lucrative, hundreds of people still choose to go for government jobs, and in order to land such a job, you must fare well in the government exams.
In this blog, Top Upcoming Government Exams 2019-20 we will share the tentative dates for the exams going to be held in the year 2020. Already started preparing for the government examination. Attempt a free mock test to test your preparations.
- 1. List of Top Upcoming Government Exams 2020 – Schedule
- 2. Upcoming Government Exam 2020
- 2.1 SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.2 SSC CHSL Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.3 SSC CPO Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.4 SSC JHT Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.5 SSC MTS Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.6 SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination-2020
- 2.7 SSC JE Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.8 FCI Manager Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.9 EPFO Assistant Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.10 EPFO SSA Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.11 SEBI Grade A Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.12 LIC ADO Recruitment Exam 2020
- 2.13 LIC AAO Recruitment Exam 2020
- 3. Basic Eligibility Criteria for upcoming government exams
- Lockdown Live Tests – Free Online Daily Mock Tests
1. List of Top Upcoming Government Exams 2020 – Schedule
Find below the list of exams going to be held in the year 2020.
|Exams in 2020||Tentative Notification Release Date||Tentative Registration Start Date||Tentative Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL 2020||15.09.2020||15.09.2020||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL(10+2) Examination-2020 (Tier-I)||30.11.2020||15.12.2020||To be notified later|
|SSC CPO 2020 – Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and CAPs Examination-2020(Paper-I)||May 2020||May 2020||To be notified later|
|SSC JHT – Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak Examination-2020 (Paper-I)||May 2020||May 2020||To be notified later|
|SSC MTS – Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical)Staff Examination-2020||02.06.2020||15.07. 2020||26.10.2020 to13.11.2020 (CBE)|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination-2020||04.08.2020||03.09.2020||01.12.2020 to 03.12.2020|
|SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination-2020 (Paper-I)||04.08.2020||03.09.2020||February, 2021|
|FCI Manager||Dec 2020||–||To be notified later|
|EPFO Assistant||May 2020||–||To be notified later|
|EPFO SSA||May 2020||–||To be notified later|
|SEBI||Mar 2020||Mar 2020||Phase 1: 4 July 2020|
|LIC AAO||May 2020||–||To be notified later|
|LIC ADO||May 2020||–||To be notified later|
Want to prepare for the above-mentioned examinations. Register here for best free mock tests
2. Upcoming Government Exam 2020
2.1 SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2020
The Staff Selection Commission administers Combined Graduate Level recruitment examination to hire eligible candidates for various Govt. posts each year. Candidates are recruited across India based on the availability of vacant seats.
SSC CGL is a 4 stage recruitment process:
- Tier 1: Online Examination
- Tier 2: Online Examination
- Tier 3: Descriptive Paper Examination
- Tier 4: Computer Proficiency Test, Skill Test and Document Verification
Remember No Interview is conducted for the recruitment of SSC CGL candidates. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their marks, scored in all the tiers.
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected to be released around September.
2.2 SSC CHSL Recruitment Exam 2020
Every year SSC notifies about the recruitment for the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various Central Government Departments and Ministries.
The selection is done in the following three phases:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 (Computer Based Test)
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper)
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 (Typing and Skill Test)
For the year 2020 SSC is going to release the SSC CHSL notification on 30 November 2020 (tentative).
Attempt Free Mock Test Here. Register Now!
2.3 SSC CPO Recruitment Exam 2020
The Staff Selection Commission every year conducts an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for SSC CPO Recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
The examination will consist of
2. Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET),
3. Paper-II and
4. Medical Examination (DME).
All these stages of the examination are mandatory.
General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge & Awareness are the topics that appear in the Paper I of the examination. Paper-II consists of an English Language and comprehension.
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows: UR: 30%; OBC/ EWS: 25%; All other categories: 20%.
The recruitment notification for SSC CPO 2020 was scheduled to be released on 17 April 2020, but due to lockdown, it has been postponed.
2.4 SSC JHT Recruitment Exam 2020
Staff Selection Commission every year comes up with SSC Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment Notification for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, Hindi Pradhyapak for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
SSC JHT is a two-level recruitment process:
Paper- I (Objective Type):
(i) General Hindi
(ii) General English
Paper-II (Conventional Type):
(i) Descriptive – Translation & Essay
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
The recruitment notification for SSC JHT 2020 was scheduled to be released on 17 April 2020, but due to lockdown, it has been postponed.
2.5 SSC MTS Recruitment Exam 2020
Staff Selection Commission of India (SSC) releases the SSC MTS Recruitment Notification every year for the post of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Non-Technical Staff.
The examination consists of a Computer Based Examination (Paper-I) and a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II).
General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge & Awareness are the topics that appear in the Paper I of the examination. Paper-II consists of Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected to be released on 2 June 2020.
Are You Preparing For SSC MTS 2020? Register Here For Free mock Test Here
2.6 SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination-2020
The Staff Selection Commission holds an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination every year for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, NonGazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Selection Process
The SSC Stenographer 2019-20 Recruitment Examinations will have 2 stages -:
1) Online Computer Based Exam
2) Skill Test
The online computer-based examination will consist of different topics like General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language & Comprehension. You will be given a total time of 2 hours for the Online Computer Based Examination.
The candidate who clears the Online Test will be called for the Skill Test. It will contain -:
Dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade “C” and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “D”.
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected to be released on 2 August 2020.
2.7 SSC JE Recruitment Exam 2020
Staff Selection Commission every year holds an open competitive examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted).
The Examination will consist of two papers i.e.
- Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type).
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected to be released on 4 August 2020 (tentative).
2.8 FCI Manager Recruitment Exam 2020
Food Corporation of India (FCI) every year announces the zone-wise FCI Manager Recruitment for the post of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical /Mechanical Engineering) across 5 zones (North, South, East, West and North-East).
The various posts for which the recruitment drive is conducted are as follows:
- Manager (General)
- Manager (Depot)
- Manager (Movement)
- Manager (Accounts)
- Manager (Technical)
- Manager (Civil Engineering)
- Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)
- Manager (Hindi)
The selection process for the different posts are as follows:
For Manager (General/Depot/Movement/Accounts/Technical/Civil Engineering/Electrical Mechanical Engineering):-
The selection process will be consisting of 3 Stages:
Stage 1 -: Online Test (Will have 2 phases – I and II)
Stage 2 -: Interview
Stage 3 -: Training
The selection process will be consisting of 2 Stages –
Stage 1 -: Online Test
Stage 2 -: Interview
Start Preparing For FCI Manager 2020. Check Your Preparations Here
2.9 EPFO Assistant Recruitment Exam 2020
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India) every year releases the notification notifying the recruitment of Assistants.
EPFO Assistant is a 2 level recruitment programme. Scheme of Examination for the post of Assistant is as under:-
- Phase 1: Preliminary Examination (Written exam comprising MCQ’s from Eng., Reasoning, & Numerical Ability)
- Phase 2: Mains Examination (Written exam comprising MCQ’s from Eng., Reasoning, Numerical Ability & General/ Economy/Financial Awareness) & Descriptive Paper (Letter, Precise, Comprehension).
- The marks obtained in Phase – II will be considered for final selection.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one-fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
- The descriptive paper will be completely online, i.e. the questions will be displayed on the screen and the candidates will have to type the answers using the keyboard. The descriptive paper will be conducted online immediately after completion of the online objective test of Phase-II Main.
Preparing For EPFO Assistant 2020? Start With A Free Mock Test
2.10 EPFO SSA Recruitment Exam 2020
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) every year releases the EPFO SSA Recruitment Notification for the post of Social Security Assistant (SSA).
EPFO SSA is a 3 level recruitment programme. The scheme of the examination is as follows:
- Phase 1: Preliminary Examination (Written exam comprising MCQ’s from Eng., Reasoning, & Numerical Ability)
- Phase 2: Mains Examination (Written exam comprising MCQ’s from Eng., Reasoning, Numerical Ability & General/ Economy/Financial Awareness) & Descriptive Paper (Letter, Precise, Comprehension)
- Phase 3: Computer Skill Test (Candidates will be required to appear for the Skill Test to assess speed and accuracy for Data Entry Work. The minimum requirement is 5000 key depressions per hour. Candidates short-listed for Skill Test will have to appear for a Skill Test.)
Note: Computer Skill Test will be qualifying in nature. Marks obtained will not be reckoned for merit ranking.
Planning To Appear For EPFO SSA 2020? Start Your Preparation Now With A Free Mock Test!
2.11 SEBI Grade A Recruitment Exam 2020
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), has released the detailed notification for the SEBI Recruitment 2020. The notification is for the post of SEBI Grade A Officer (Assistant Manager). There are a total of 147 vacancies announced (including backlogs) and the exam pattern is completely changed.
SEBI Grade A Notification 2020 says that SEBI Grade A 2020 vacancies have been announced for:
- General Stream
- Legal Stream
- Information Technology Stream
- Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical)
- Research stream
- Official Language Stream
SEBI Grade A is a 3 tiered recruitment programme.
Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
(on-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
Paper 1 – 100 Marks
Paper 2 – 100 Mark
Phase 2 Exam Pattern (Mains)
(on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and
Paper 1 – 100 Marks
Paper 2 – 100 Marks
Phase 3 (Interview)
The application process has been started and you can apply for the same till 31 May 2020. The dates for SEBI Phase 1 and Phase 2 online examination are as follows:
Phase 1 Examination: 4 July 2020
Phase 2 Examination: 23 August 2020
2.12 LIC ADO Recruitment Exam 2020
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) every year releases LIC ADO Recruitment Notification inviting online applications from eligible candidates who must be Indian Citizens for selection and appointment as Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) under various Zones.
Selection will be made on the basis of the on-line test followed by an Interview of candidates who qualify in the on-line test and subsequent pre-recruitment Medical examination.
Selection of Apprentice Development Officer from Open Market Category will be done through two-phase examination.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
Phase-I: Mains Examination
Selection of Apprentice Development Officer from Agents & Employee Category will be done through single-phase examination i.e. Main Examination.
2.13 LIC AAO Recruitment Exam 2020
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) every year invites online applications from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment to the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (Generalist/ IT/ Chartered Accountant/ Actuarial/ Rajbhasha).
The selection of Assistant Administrative Officers will be done through a three-tiered process and subsequent pre-recruitment medical examination.
- Tier 1: Preliminary Examination.
- Tier 2: Mains Examination.
- Tier 3: Interview.
Preliminary Examination consisting of the objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections as follows:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
Mains Examination for Generalist consisting of the objective test will be conducted online. The test will have a different section as follows:
- Reasoning Ability
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness
- Descriptive English (Letter Writing & Essay)
3. Basic Eligibility Criteria for upcoming government exams
- Candidate Should be a Citizen of India.
- Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 35 years as on a given date.
- Candidate must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university (except SSC CHSL examination).
- Reserved candidates must have valid documents while applying under reservation category.
This is all from us in this blog, Upcoming Government Exams 2020. Subscribe to Oliveboard to stay up to date with the latest exam updates. We will be back with more exam related updates and relevant information. Till then, Stay Tuned.
Lockdown Live Tests – Free Online Daily Mock Tests
Here is what you will get with Live Tests.
1. Compete with Friends – Invite Friends to take Daily Live Tests with you – Here you can compete with your friends also preparing for the same exam you are targeting for and will get a real-time picture of your preparation. Invite your friends for the daily Lockdown Live Tests and make it a routine and doing this you will all benefit greatly.
2. Get All India Standing – Compete with the aspirants around the country who are also targeting the same exam which you are going for. Competing with the students across the country and based upon your performance and score you will be ranked accordingly. This would help you where you understand where you stand, your preparation level, and what are the things you need to focus on.
3. Analyze your weakness – Oliveboard also provides with AI-based Analytics of the performance of the test taken. It covers every basic detail as the time you took to solve each question, which questions attempted by you were right and wrong. This will help you in knowing and then analyzing your different sections and topics where you lag, what are your weak areas as compared to your competitors so that you can plan and study accordingly and score well on the D-day.
4. Improve your score by +10 – The more you practice the more are the chances of getting success. Taking Oliveboard Mock Test will definitely help you increase your score in the coming exams. Our experts have curated that an aspirant increases their average score by 10 after taking 16 tests on the Oliveboard Platform. So start attempting daily free mock tests and improve your score by +10 in the real exam.
5. Understand All Clerk and PO Level Exams – Daily Live tests are a complete mixture of questions from both prelims and mains level for different exams. This would help you understand the level of questions that are actually asked in the exam. Take a free test and get to know the actual exam pattern.
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here