With IBPS PO 2022 Notification being published, it will be good to know about IBPS Clerk Eligibility. We will look at all factors related to IBPS Clerk Eligibility in this blog. It would Include Age Limit & Age relaxation, Educational qualification, Nationality.
Attempt IBPS PO Free Mock Test Now
IBPS PO 2022 Eligibility
Before getting down to filling out the online application form, be sure that you have checked all eligibility requirements and that you fulfill all of them. All the information will be available to you in the notification, which will be released in the 1st week of July-August 2022. IBPS PO Exam Eligibility Criteria is divided into three heads: nationality, educational qualification, and age.
IBPS prescribes the eligibility criteria of the IBPS PO Exam 2022 as per nationality, age, and educational qualification. Candidates should meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to 1st January 1962 intending to live in India permanently.
- Persons of Indian origin who migrated from Vietnam/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Malawi/ Zambia / Tanzania/ Uganda/ Kenya/ Sri Lanka/ Burma /Pakistan, intending to reside permanently in India, will be eligible.
Candidates belonging to categories 2,3,4, and 5 should produce an eligibility certificate from the Indian Government whenever asked by IBPS.
The candidate should be 20 to 30 years of age. The candidate should be born on or after 2nd August 1991 and born on or before 1st August 2001. Upper age relaxations are provided to reserved categories. The age relaxations are given below:
Age Relaxations for upper Age Limit for Reserved Categories
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes Non-Creamy Layer|| 3 years|
|PWD ||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers, which includes ECOs/ SSCOs. These candidates must have gained at least 5 yrs of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment, including those whose assignment is due within a year. ||5 years|
|Persons affected by the riots of 1984||5 years|
- The relaxation for the maximum age limit for candidates from Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class is on a cumulative basis.
- If the Schedule Tribes candidate has any physical disability, the candidate gets a relaxation of a maximum of 15 years for the upper- age limit. No other exemptions will be allowed.
- No upper age limit relaxations will be given to General and EWS candidates.
- The candidate seeking age relaxation shall produce relevant documents both in original as well as photocopies to prove their claim.
- An Ex-Serviceman who has already availed the benefits provided to the candidate as an ex- Serviceman for re-employment will not get the benefit a second time.
- No reservation for Ex-servicemen in the Officer Cadre.
The candidate should be a graduate or have an equivalent qualification in any discipline from some recognized University.
- The candidate should pass the qualifying examination by August 2021.
- The date on the mark sheet/ scorecard is considered as the date of passing the degree.
- The document of educational qualification will have to be produced for document verification.
- Candidates must specify the graduation percentage, calculated to the nearest two Decimal points.
- The fraction of the percentage will be ignored. Hence, 59.99% will be considered less than 60%, and 54.99% will be considered less than 55%.
The candidate must be computer savvy and with knowledge of computer systems. Knowledge of computer usage is essential for the job.
The candidate should be proficient in the written and spoken official language of the State/ Union Territory. The Candidate must know to read, write and speak the language.
IBPS PO Eligibility – Reservation
Candidates who are not eligible for the existing reservations but the gross annual income of their family members less than Rs.8,00,000/- will be identified as candidates from the Economically Weaker Section and will be eligible for the benefits of 10% reservation in the vacancies announced by IBPS. The family income of such candidates will be calculated through revenue from all sources such as salary, agriculture, business, profession, and others. It will be calculated from the income of the financial year prior to the application. The candidates whose family possesses the following assets but has a yearly income of Rs.8,00,000/- only will not be eligible for the reservation.
5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
Unser Section 234 of the rights, the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, people with the following disabilities are eligible for Reservation.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- locomotors disability
- autism, learning disability, intellectual disability, and mental illness;
- multiple disabilities
Attempt IBPS PO Free Mock Test Now