IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has released the IBPS RRB 2022 notification to recruit Group ‘A' Officers (Scale I, II, and III) and Group ‘B' Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRB). IBPS has laid down a set of eligibility conditions for IBPS RRB 2022 which all aspiring candidates must fulfill to enter into the banking domain. The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, and nationality that candidates need to fulfill to apply for the exam. Candidates before applying for the IBPS RRB posts have to make sure that fulfill the eligibility criteria. Read below for complete details on IBPS RRB Eligibility 2022.
IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria Factors
The IBPS authority sets the IBPS RRB PO eligibility criteria based on 3 major factors –
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
IBPS RRB PO 2022 Nationality
A candidate writing the IBPS RRB 2022 exam must belong to the following nationalities:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutandefensebeen
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Attempt a FREE Mock Test for IBPS RRB PO Now
IBPS RRB PO Age Limit
There is an upper and lower age limit set by the IBPS. The age limit varies as per the scale of officers.
The IBPS RRB age limit set for general category candidates according to the posts are given below:
- For Officer Scale – III (Senior Manager) –Above 21 years – Below 40 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1982 and later than 31.05.2001 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-II (Manager) – Above 21 years – Below 32 years i.e. candidate sshould not have been born earlier than 03.06.1990 and later than 31.05.2001 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager) – Above 18 years –i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1992 and later than 31.05.2004 (both dates inclusive)
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) – Between 18 years and 28 years i.e. candidates should have not been born earlier than 02.06.1994 and later than 01.06.2004 (both dates inclusive)
Category Wise Age Relaxation:
The table below gives an idea about the age relaxation for reserved candidates:
|Category||IBPS RRB Age Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under ‘ The Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016'||10 years|
|Ex-Serviceman/ Disabled Ex-Serviceman||(For the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)The actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years ( 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) is subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|In the case of ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have released on completion of assignment other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability, subject to the ceiling as per Government guidelines||(for the post of officers)5 years|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||(only for the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Important points related to the relaxation in age
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis together with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Officers Scale I, II, and II and seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificates at the time of interview.
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) are required to produce the certificates at the time of verification of documents on the day of joining.
- In the case of candidates belonging to the OBC category, the certificate should specifically mention that they do not belong to the creamy layer. Such candidates cannot avail of the relaxation and they must apply under the General category.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group C and D will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- Ex-Servicemen category will be ceased from candidates for employment on the civil side if they have previously availed the relaxation benefits in seeking employment in civil services before applying for the exam.
- Candidates who have previously served in the armed forces will be categorized as ex-servicemen. They can apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail relaxations available to ex-servicemen. They will not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete their tenure in Armed Forces Union.
IBPS RRB PO Eligibility – Education & Experience
IBPS has laid down several educational criteria depending on the posts.
Different educational requirements for different IBPS RRB posts are as follows:
|IBPS RRB Posts||Educational Qualification||Experience|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Bachelor's degree in any discipline.(i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB(ii) Working knowledge of computer||Not Required|
|Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics,, and Accountancy will be given preference.(i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB(ii) Working knowledge of computer||Not required|
|Officer Scale-IIInformation Technology Officer||Bachelor's degree from a recognised University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP, etc.||1 year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIChartered Accountant||Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered|
Accountants of India
|1 Year as a Chartered|
|Officer Scale-IILaw Officer||Degree from a recognised University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.||2 years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
|Officer Scale-II Treasury Manager||Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIMarketing Officer||MBA in Marketing from a recognized university||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIAgricultural Officer||Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate||2 Years in the relevant|
|Officer Scale-III(Senior Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy||Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
- All the educational qualifications should be recognized and I have declared the result as on the date of application
- Candidates must possess proper documents issued by the university mentioning that the result has been declared by them. In case the result has been declared online, a certificate duly signed by the authority must be provided at the time of the interview in the original
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application
Proficiency in the local language is an essential qualification for recruitment of Officers Scale I & Office Assistant (Multipurpose).
- Candidates should have studied the language of the state in Class 8 or any level above Class 8 in government-recognized boards.
- Candidates who do not meet the requirement in the local language at the time of selection will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire proficiency.
RRBs Participating in IBPS RRB PO 2022 Exam & Local Languages
In the IBPS RRB 2022 Online Application, candidates will be provided the option to indicate the Version of Tests (Medium of Examination) as applicable below for their respective State. Candidates should be careful in exercising this option of Medium of Examination.
|Sr. No.||Name of State||Version of tests (Medium of examination)|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||English, Hindi and Telugu|
|2||Arunachal Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|3||Assam||English, Hindi and Assamese|
|4||Bihar||English and Hindi|
|5||Chhattisgarh||English and Hindi|
|6||Gujarat||English, Hindi and Gujarati|
|7||Haryana||English and Hindi|
|8||Himachal Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|9||Jammu & Kashmir||English, Hindi and Urdu|
|10||Jharkhand||English and Hindi|
|11||Karnataka||English, Hindi, Kannada and Konkani|
|12||Kerala||English, Hindi and Malayalam|
|13||Madhya Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|14||Maharashtra||English, Hindi, Marathi and Konkani|
|15||Manipur||English, Hindi and Manipuri|
|16||Meghalaya||English and Hindi|
|17||Mizoram||English and Hindi|
|18||Nagaland||English and Hindi|
|19||Odisha||English, Hindi and Odia|
|20||Puducherry||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam|
|21||Punjab||English, Hindi and Punjabi|
|22||Rajasthan||English and Hindi|
|23||Tamil Nadu||English, Hindi and Tamil|
|24||Telangana||English, Hindi, Telugu and Urdu|
|25||Tripura||English, Hindi and Bengali|
|26||Uttar Pradesh||English, Hindi and Urdu|
|27||Uttarakhand||English and Hindi|
|28||West Bengal||English, Hindi and Bengali|
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria For EWS Candidates
- Persons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, and the Other Backward Classes and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs.8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. and it will be income for the financial year prior to the year of application. Also, persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:
i.) 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above;
ii.) Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
iii.) Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv.) Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
- The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
- The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate's claim as belonging to EWS. The candidates shortlisted for document verification/interview shall be required to bring the requisite certificate as specified by the Government of India at the time of appearing for the process of document verification/interview.
- The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
- The instructions issued by the Government of India in this regard from time to time shall be adhered to.
This is all from our side in this blog. STAY TUNED TO OLIVEBOARD!