IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has released IBPS RRB 2023 notification to recruit Group ‘A' Officers (Scale I, II, and III) in Regional Rural Banks (RRB). The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, and nationality that candidates need to fulfill to apply for the exam. Candidates before applying for the IBPS RRB posts have to make sure that fulfill the eligibility criteria. Read below for complete details on IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Attempt the IBPS RRB PO Mock Test for free
IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria 2023
The IBPS authority sets the IBPS RRB PO eligibility criteria based on 3 major factors –
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
A candidate writing the IBPS RRB 2023 exam must belong to the following nationalities:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutandefensebeen
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
There is an upper and lower age limit set by the IBPS. The age limit varies as per the scale of officers.
The IBPS RRB age limit set for general category candidates according to the posts is given below:
- For Officer Scale – III (Senior Manager) –Above 21 years – Below 40 years
- For Officer Scale-II (Manager) – Above 21 years – Below 32 years
- For Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager) – Above 18 years - Below 30 years
Category Wise Age Relaxation:
The table below gives an idea about the age relaxation for reserved candidates:
|Category||IBPS RRB Age Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under ‘ The Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016'||10 years|
|Ex-Serviceman/ Disabled Ex-Serviceman||(For the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)The actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years ( 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) is subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|In the case of ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have released on completion of assignment other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability, subject to the ceiling as per Government guidelines||(for the post of officers)5 years|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||(only for the post of Office Assistant – Multipurpose)9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Attempt the IBPS RRB PO Mock Test for free
Important points related to the relaxation in age
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis together with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Officers Scale I, II, and II and seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificates at the time of the interview.
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) are required to produce the certificates at the time of verification of documents on the day of joining.
- In the case of candidates belonging to the OBC category, the certificate should specifically mention that they do not belong to the creamy layer. Such candidates cannot avail of the relaxation and they must apply under the General category.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group C and D will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- The Ex-Servicemen category will be ceased from candidates for employment on the civil side if they have previously availed the relaxation benefits in seeking employment in civil services before applying for the exam.
- Candidates who have previously served in the armed forces will be categorized as ex-servicemen. They can apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail relaxations available to ex-servicemen. They will not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete their tenure in Armed Forces Union.
IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria – Education & Experience
IBPS has laid down several educational criteria depending on the posts.
Different educational requirements for different IBPS RRB posts are as follows:
|IBPS RRB Posts||Educational Qualification||Experience|
|Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics,, and Accountancy will be given preference.(i) Proficiency in local languages as prescribed by the participating RRB(ii) Working knowledge of computer||Not required|
|Officer Scale-IIInformation Technology Officer||Bachelor's degree from a recognised University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP, etc.||1 year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIChartered Accountant||Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered|
Accountants of India
|1 Year as a Chartered|
|Officer Scale-IILaw Officer||Degree from a recognised University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.||2 years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
|Officer Scale-II Treasury Manager||Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIMarketing Officer||MBA in Marketing from a recognized university||1 Year in the relevant field|
|Officer Scale-IIAgricultural Officer||Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate||2 Years in the relevant|
|Officer Scale-III(Senior Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy||Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
- All the educational qualifications should be recognized and I have declared the result as on the date of application
- Candidates must possess proper documents issued by the university mentioning that the result has been declared by them. In case the result has been declared online, a certificate duly signed by the authority must be provided at the time of the interview in the original
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application
Proficiency in the local language is an essential qualification for recruitment of Officers Scale I & Office Assistant (Multipurpose).
- Candidates should have studied the language of the state in Class 8 or any level above Class 8 in government-recognized boards.
- Candidates who do not meet the requirement in the local language at the time of selection will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire proficiency.
Attempt the IBPS RRB PO Mock Test for free
RRBs Participating in IBPS RRB PO 2023 Exam & Local Languages
In the IBPS RRB 2023 Online Application, candidates will be provided the option to indicate the Version of Tests (Medium of Examination) as applicable below for their respective State. Candidates should be careful in exercising this option of Medium of Examination.
|Sr. No.||Name of State||Version of tests (Medium of examination)|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||English, Hindi, and Telugu|
|2||Arunachal Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|3||Assam||English, Hindi, and Assamese|
|4||Bihar||English and Hindi|
|5||Chhattisgarh||English and Hindi|
|6||Gujarat||English, Hindi, and Gujarati|
|7||Haryana||English and Hindi|
|8||Himachal Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|9||Jammu & Kashmir||English, Hindi, and Urdu|
|10||Jharkhand||English and Hindi|
|11||Karnataka||English, Hindi, Kannada and Konkani|
|12||Kerala||English, Hindi, and Malayalam|
|13||Madhya Pradesh||English and Hindi|
|14||Maharashtra||English, Hindi, Marathi and Konkani|
|15||Manipur||English, Hindi, and Manipuri|
|16||Meghalaya||English and Hindi|
|17||Mizoram||English and Hindi|
|18||Nagaland||English and Hindi|
|19||Odisha||English, Hindi, and Odia|
|20||Puducherry||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam|
|21||Punjab||English, Hindi, and Punjabi|
|22||Rajasthan||English and Hindi|
|23||Tamil Nadu||English, Hindi, and Tamil|
|24||Telangana||English, Hindi, Telugu, and Urdu|
|25||Tripura||English, Hindi, and Bengali|
|26||Uttar Pradesh||English, Hindi, and Urdu|
|27||Uttarakhand||English and Hindi|
|28||West Bengal||English, Hindi, and Bengali|