Karnataka Public Works Department (KPWD) has released a recruitment notification every year for the post of Junior Engineer (JE) and Assistant Engineer (AE). It will be conducted through Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) or directly from KPWD officials. These posts come under Group A, Group B/Grade – 1, and Grade - 2 categories. Individuals who have completed B.E./B.Tech or Diploma in Civil is eligible for these posts. Continue reading for details on the KPWD Answer Key.
KPWD Answer Key
The written exam will be conducted offline – OMR type or Computer-based Recruitment Test (CBRT). It is of the Objective Multiple Choice Type. The important point is that there will be negative marks of 0.25 (1/4th) for each wrong answer. Therefore, the candidates should be very careful while attempting each question.
It consists of 3 sections, i.e. General Knowledge, Technical Paper, and Compulsory Kannada Language Test. The maximum marks for each paper are 100, and the duration for each paper is 2 hours. The marks obtained in the Compulsory Kannada Language Test will not be considered for the selection process.
The applicant has to score 85% in the written exam and 15% in Viva Voce Interview to succeed in this selection process.
After the examination, the department has released the KPWD Answer Key on its official website and the question paper. It includes correct answers for all the questions given in the examination. So, candidates eager to know their obtained marks in the exam process must download the answer keys. It also helps the candidates to estimate their probable score in the examination. The applicants can download it through the official website of KPWD or any other job-related website. Check out the steps to download answer keys and other details in the blog.
Set-wise KPWD Answer Key
There are 4 sets, namely, sets A, B, C, and D, in the KPWD JE and AE examination. So, the candidates should verify their exam set number, and then they can download the answer key, check the performance level's status, and then calculate the score in the examination. It also gives an idea to the examinees whether they qualify for this exam or not. Using KPWD Answer Key, the applicants can start preparing for further rounds of the selection process conducted by the department.
The candidates must check the KPWD Answer Key before announcing the KPWD merit list to attend the further selection process. The candidates who are qualified in the written test will be called for an interview. Those who have cleared their interview will get a job in KPWD.
Steps To Download KPWD Answer Key
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Public Works Department (KPWD).
- The home page of the KPWD appears on the screen.
- There, the candidates have to check for the latest updates or what's new on the website.
- Search for the link which helps the examinees to download the KPWD Assistant Engineer & Junior Engineer Answer Key and click on KPWD Answer Key.
- Enter the required details and click on the "submit" button.
- Then, KPWD JE AE Answer Key will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download and take a printout of it for their reference.
- Now, match all the responses with the answers available.
- Calculate the result and then wait for official information from the department.
- Save it for future use.
KPWD Answer Key: Raising Objections
Candidates avail objection formats along with KPWD Answer Key. So, they can raise complaints, if any, against KPWD Answer Key online before the last date mentioned by the department. Objections received after the last date will not be considered. If any of the examinees find it wrong in the key sheet, they can easily raise complaints online within the last date mentioned by the department. Then, the officials will check for it. If it is found legal, the higher officials will correct it and then release the KPWD AE & JE Final Answer Key online.
Applicants are suggested to keep track of the official website or any other job-related portals for further updates.
Preparation Tips For KPWD AE And JE Exam
- Go through the notification thoroughly and check for eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, exam duration, reservation details, etc.
- List the subjects that need to concentrate on to score good marks.
- Prepare a study timetable and work accordingly for better preparation and to obtain more marks.
- Practice more and more previous year's question papers to get an overview of the exam pattern.
- Keep reading newspapers daily and general knowledge books for regular updates on this topic.
- Also, study the technical subjects thoroughly and get a good hold of the subject.
Hope that this blog about the KPWD Answer Key has been useful.