The Karnataka Public Works Department, also called KPWD or Karnataka Public Works, Ports and Inland Water Transport Department, is a government ministry of the Karnataka agency that controls and manages public works in the Karnataka state of India. This organization is entrusted with the duty of maintenance and construction of buildings for almost all of the Karnataka government public undertakings, and upkeep of road works comprising the State Highways, National Highways, and Main District roads. However, to get a job in KPWD, a candidate has to clear the KPWD exams. Read on to get the details about the KPWD syllabus.
The KPWD Syllabus for this year has been published. The Public Works Department holds the KPWD Examination for applicants interested in Karnataka government jobs. Applicants who have registered for the exams and are searching for the KPWD syllabus can now easily access the syllabus details from this page. The exam pattern and the syllabus are also available for applicants to easily prepare for the upcoming KPWD examinations. We also request the applicants to get more details about this exam from the official website for the KPWD exam.
- Written Examination: The applicants are required to write this examination to get this post. This is the first round of the selection procedure.
- Personal Interview: The applicants will be eligible for this post based on how well they perform in the interview.
Examination Pattern Of The KPWD Syllabus – Exam Pattern
The KPWD examination comprises three different papers. They are technical knowledge, general knowledge, and Kannada language. Each paper comprises 100 questions, and each question carries just one mark. The time duration for each paper is close to two hours.
|Name of Subject
|Total No.of Questions
|Kannada Language Test
Paper 1 and Paper 2 (Technical Knowledge and General Knowledge) will be of objective type. Paper 3, which is the Kannada language test, is of the descriptive type.
- Indian Geography
- Current events
- International, National, and Local Current Affairs
- General Science
- Social Science
- General Mental Ability
- Indian History
- Matters of Everyday Observation & Practical Knowledge
KPWD Syllabus for Degree holders, Technical Knowledge
- Advanced Structure
- Public Health Engineering
- Highway Engineering
- Sanitary Engineering
- Construction Management and Technology
- Water Supply
KPWD Syllabus for Diploma holders – Technical Knowledge
- Transportation Engineering
- Concrete Technology
- Materials of Construction
- Design of Steel and Masonry Structures
- Solid Mechanics
- Estimating and Costing
- Construction Technology
- Construction Management
KPWD Syllabus Examination Pattern
The officials of the KPWD Department have given important information to get qualified for the assistant engineer and the junior engineer posts. The KPWD Exam Pattern 2021 has also been provided for the candidate's reference purpose. So, the applicants need to prepare accordingly to qualify for the written examination. Individuals who want to attend the examination have to gather useful data for the KPWD Exam Pattern to practice better.
Preparation Tips For The KPWD Examination
- Applicants who are in the preparation process for the KPWD examination can use the following tips:
- Read and understand the notifications clearly and check the marks needed to get qualified and the reservation.
- Understand the details of the exam pattern and list the subjects that need to be concentrated upon to get better marks.
- Make a plan for preparing for the examination and stick to the exact pattern for scoring high marks.
- Attempt Free KPWD mock tests and evaluate your performance. These tests will provide an overview of the type of questions that will be asked in the exams.
- Do ensure to keep reading the newspapers for regular updates on general knowledge.
Working in the Karnataka Public Works Department is highly prestigious, and it all depends on how well you concentrate on the KPWD Syllabus. With all the information provided in this blog, it should be easy to prepare for the examination.