SBI Clerk Salary 2022: SBI is India's largest bank with the most attractive features and best-in-class entry-level salary package for Junior Associates in Clerical Cadre. In this blog, we will be discussing all the details of SBI Clerk Salary 2022. The In-hand salary with the perks, allowances & role of the Junior Associate(Clerk) has been provided below. The information is as per the official notification.
SBI Clerk Salary 2022:
SBI provides a handsome pay scale for its SBI Junior Associates at the entry level with various perks. Therefore, in comparison to other banks, SBI provides a better basic salary.
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.29,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
The Details of the Basic Pay Scale component of SBI Clerk Salary 2022 are as follows;
The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates)
Let us note down the details of the above-given payscale;
- Compensation – Starting Salary for a candidate will be Rs 17,900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1000/- on the Basic pay for three years.
- Salary 3 years from the year of joining: Rs 20,900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1230/- for the next 3 years
- For the next 4 years, Rs 24,590/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1490/-
- Salary after the next 7 years: Rs 30,550/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1730 for the next 7 years.
- After the next 1 year: Rs 42600 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 3270 for the next 1 year.
- Salary after another 1 year: Rs 45,930 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1990 for the next 1 year.
- The Maximum Basic Salary of an SBI Clerk- Rs 47,920/-
|Clerk Basic Salary||Rs.19900/- (Rs 17,900 + two advance increments given to graduates)|
Salary after 1st Increment- Rs. 20900/-
Salary after 2nd Increment-Rs. 24590/-
Salary after 3rd Increment- Rs. 30550/-
Salary after 4th Increment- Rs. 42600/-
Salary after 5th increment- Rs 45930/-
Salary after 6th increment- Rs 47920/-
|Dearness Allowance||Based on the Consumer Price Index|
|House Accommodation||Depends on the place of posting.|
Attempt a Mock Test now!
SBI Clerk Gross Monthly Income
The SBI Clerk salary 2022 can also be described as the total in-hand income received monthly by the Junior Associate of SBI. SBI Clerk In-hand salary received per month is a sum of Basic Pay and other salary components like – House Rent Allowance(HRA), Variable Pay, Dearness Allowances (DA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), etc.
SBI Clerk Allowances
A person joining as an SBI Clerk will have many perquisites, the SBI Clerk Salary comes with some added benefits in the form of allowances such as-
- Dearness Allowance (DA): A SBI Clerk gets 26.18% DA of the Basic Pay (Depending upon the City Posted in). The Dearness Allowance increases quarterly basis and is dependent on the Inflation rate of the Country if the inflation increase the DA goes up and vice versa.
- House Rent Allowance(HRA): A SBI Clerk gets 35% to 40% HRA of the Basic Pay(Depending upon the City Posted in).
- Other Allowances include transport allowance, Special Allowance, and Special Pay-New.
SBI Clerk Additional Benefits
In SBI an individual working in the Clerk Cadre has some additional benefits in addition to the Basic Pay of the SBI Clerk Salary 2022 which they received. Given below are the additional benefits or perks of working as an SBI CLERK;
- House Rent Allowances
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Housing Finance at concessional rates
- Travel Allowances
- The Bank pays 100% cost for any medical treatment of an employee along with the family members
- Maternity or child education leave of 2 years for women clerks.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
SBI Clerk : Career Growth and Promotion Opportunities – SBI Clerk In-Cadre Promotions
An SBI Clerk (Junior Associate) can get promoted up to 3 times: once when they have completed 10 years of service, once more when they have completed 20 years of service, and finally, when they have completed 30 years of service.
- An SBI Clerk shall be promoted to Senior Assistant following the completion of 10 years of service.
- When they complete 20 years of service, they shall be promoted to Special Assistant.
- Upon the completion of 30 years of service, they shall be promoted Senior Special Assistant.
Each promotion results in some increments to the allowances provided to them. At SBI, In-cadre promotions are purely on basis of seniority. However, if you are preparing to become an SBI PO, check out this crash course by Oliveboard for a time-efficient study program:
SBI Clerk : Career Growth and Promotion Opportunities – SBI Clerk to Officer Cadre Promotions
Should an SBI Clerk really have the determination to make it to the Officer cadre, then SBI provides them with fair opportunities to do so. There are two main ways through which an SBI Clerk can make it to the Officer cadre:
- Fast Track Promotion Channel
The Fast Track Promotion Channel is applicable when an SBI Clerk becomes eligible to take the Officer Promotion examination after only 3 years of service. For them to be eligible after only 3 years of service, they must clear the 2 banking examinations (as in, secure passing marks in them):
If they clear only JAIIB, they will be eligible after 4 years of service; if they clear both JAIIB and CAIIB exams, they will be eligible after 3 years of service. Now if they do not clear even JAIIB, they will be eligible to take the normal track promotion channel.
- Normal Track Promotion Channel
- Under the normal track promotion channel, the employee needs to serve minimum 6 years under the bank as a Bank Clerk to become eligible for promotion to Bank PO. After serving for 6 years minimum as an SBI Clerk, they become eligible to take the exam for internal promotion exam to be promoted to that of a Trainee Officer (TO). A Trainee Officer (TO) is at par with a Probationary Officer (PO) when it comes to rank or designation. However, TOs must work harder to reach the same level whereas POs get recruited directly at that rank.
SBI Clerk: Career Growth and Promotion Opportunities – Points to Note
- When an SBI Clerk is trying to get promoted to Officer cadre, they need to successfully pass SBI's internal examination for promotion which includes a written test and an interview. This is applicable for both Fast Track and Normal Track promotion channels.
- SBI Clerks can take the SBI PO examination too if they wish, but they need to obtain SBI's permission first. If they successfully clear the exam, they will be reinstated anew as Bank POs, but if they fail, they will have to continue as a Bank PO.
- Of the 2 banking examinations, CAIIB can be attempted only after an SBI Clerk (or anyone for that matter) has successfully cleared the JAIIB examination.
- When an SBI Clerk manages to clear the internal SBI promotion examination, they shall be recruited as Trainee Officers (TOs) for a probation period of 2 years during which they will be in the JMGS-I or Junior Management Grade Scale-I rank. Following their completion of the probation period, they will either be promoted to MMGS-II or Middle Management Grade Scale-II rank or sent back to the Clerical cadre if they fail to clear their probation.
SBI Clerk Job Postings & Transfer Policy
Many individuals worry about the Job Postings away from their Home town or at any distant branch. Let's check out the Transfer Conditions for an SBI CLERK;
- SBI Clerk Junior Associates are not eligible for transfers outside the state for the first 5 years of service.
- It is 8 years for candidates selected in a special recruitment drive for Tura, Kashmir Valley, and Ladakh.
SBI Clerk Salary: Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the starting Basic SBI Clerk salary?
Answer: The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/-
Question: What are the benefits given to SBI Clerk apart from salary?
Answer: Apart from the salary, employees are given other benefits such as Provident Fund, Pension, Medical leave fare, travel, newspaper, city, and house rent allowance will be offered to the employees.
Question: What is the maximum salary of SBI Clerk?
Answer: The maximum Basic pay of SBI Clerk is Rs 47920.
To read this blog in Hindi: Click Here