It is always a good idea for the candidates to know about the eligibility criteria before appearing for any examination. This section deals with the eligibility criteria such as age, educational qualification, nationality for the candidates who are interested in appearing for the SSC MTS exam.
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2022 is based on the following factors:
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit (As on 01-01-2022)
- The age limits for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
- 18-25 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1997 and not later than 01-01-2004) for MTS
- 18-27 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004) for few posts of MTS.
|Code No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible|
|1||SC/ ST||5 years|
|3||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|5||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|8||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years|
|9||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||08 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age.|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age.|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age.|
The candidates must have passed the Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.