There are lakhs of aspirants who appear for SSC MTS every year and most of the first-time exam takers are curious about the SSC MTS exam pattern. Here we'll be having a closer look into the exam pattern of SSC MTS which includes the Tier-I, Tier-II phases.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the different tiers of SSC MTS is discussed here in detail.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern – Paper 1
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
Important points for SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam Pattern:
- The time duration for paper 1 is 90 minutes.
- The time duration for visually handicapped candidates is 120 minutes.
- Paper 1 consists of 100 questions carrying 1 mark each.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 or 1/4th marks deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern – Paper-II (Descriptive)
Paper 2 will be a descriptive test in which the candidate has to write a short essay or letter in English or any other language mentioned under the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||45 minutes (60 minutes for PwD candidates)|
Important points for SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam Pattern:
- The Paper 2 exam is descriptive in nature and will be of pen and paper exam.
- The duration of the exam for general candidates is 45 minutes.
- The duration of the exam for visually handicapped students is 60 minutes.
- Candidates who qualify for paper 1 will be eligible to appear for paper 2.
- Candidates must write a short essay/ letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution.