Vacancies for the post of sub-inspector are released by the J&K Services Selection Board. A total of 1200 vacancies are released for the same. The selection procedure will comprise of the following phases, namely Written Exam, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test, as well as a medical exam. Any candidate who is desirous of applying for the post of JKSSB Police SI must know about the JKSSB Police SI Salary, including the various additional benefits received. Also, know about the job responsibility of the JKSSB Police SI.
JKSSB Police SI Salary Structure
The JKSSB Police SI Salary structure is really good. The basic salary in the first year is Rs.35,700 per month. After the first year, the salary rises to Rs. 36,800 in the second year and to Rs. 37,900 in the third year. For a person who remains in the job continuously, salary will rise to Rs. 1,13,100 per month. The exact salary structure is given in the table below-
|Level 6C Pay Scale||Rs. 35,700 to Rs. 1,13,100 (9300 to 34800 Grade Pay 4240*)|
|Net Salary in Month||Rs. 44,000 to Rs. 47,000 per month|
|Total Salary in Month||Rs. 48,000 to Rs. 51,000 per month|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Additional benefits received by JKSSB Police SI
Some of the additional benefits that are received along with a good salary include
1. Dearness Allowance - 28 per cent of basic salary
2. House Rent Allowance -
- 24% of basic pay of all metropolitan cities (X class cities)
- 16% of basic pay in Srinagar and Jammu (Y class cities)
- 8% of basic pay for an officer position (Z class locations)
3. Other expenses which can be reimbursed
The Dearness Allowance was increased from 17% to 28%
JKSSB Police SI in hand salary
The basic monthly salary of a JKSSB Police SI is Rs. 35700, as stated above. Along with this, dearness allowance is also paid. Thus, the in-hand salary is the combination of basic pay and dearness allowance. JKSSB Police SI has an average in-hand salary that ranges from Rs. 44,000 to Rs. 47,000 per month.
After each payment cycle, Inspector receives a wage slip for the previous month's remuneration. This salary slip document provides all of the data from the previous month's deductions and allowances for each officer. The JKSSB Police SI Salary slip can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used to complete your annual tax return or to submit a loan application.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Police SI Job Profile
The major job of the Police Sub Inspector in J&K is to maintain peace and order in the Union Territory by executing all of the powers granted to him by the Indian government. SI is a very powerful position as they get their authority from the Indian Criminal Procedure Code.
You have the following privileges as a sub-inspector:
- Any person, their property, or their car can be searched.
- Arrest without or with a warrant
- They have the power to demand that you examine required records during an investigation, and you must cooperate.
- Use force to disperse an unruly mob to restore law and order.
- An official complaint made against a person is known as an FIR.
- The SI has the right to investigate any matter which involves the Indian Penal Code and any specific legislation passed by Parliament or state laws.