JKSSB has released a notification on 26th May 2022 for the recruitment of 1395 candidates for the post of Panchayat Secretary / VLW (Village Level Worker under the Rural Development & Panchyati Raj department. In this section, we will be looking at the JKSSB Panchayat Secretary / VLW (Village Level Worker) online application process, steps to apply, documents needed etc.
JKSSB VLW Application Form Last Date Extended
JKSSB has extended the last date of online application for JKSSB VLW / Panchayat Secretary posts to 16th July 2022. Previously the Board had extended the date to 13th July 2022.
Check the official notification here
JKSSB VLW Application Form - Important Dates
Here are some of the important dates related to the JKSSB VLW Application Form
|JKSSB VLW Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Date of Commencement for submission of online application form||6th June 2022|
|Last Date for submission of online application form||16th July 2022|
|Opening date for availability of admit cards for downloading from JKSSB website||To be announced soon|
|Date for JKSSB VLW Examination ||To be announced soon|
Take A Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB VLW Application Fee
The application fee is Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only) for General Category etc. and Rs.400/-(Rupees Four Hundred only) for SC, ST, PWD & EWS Categories.
JKSSB VLW/ Panchayat Secretary - How to Apply Online
Candidates looking to apply online for JKSSB VLW/ Panchayat Secretary should follow these steps:
- Candidates are required to apply online through JKSSB's online Application Portal-https://ssbjk.org. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- The Candidates who have not registered earlier on the portal are first required to go to the said Portal and register themselves by clicking on the "Candidate Registration" link.
- Candidates are required to have a valid Email ID and Mobile Number for registering and creating login credentials. The same shall be validated using OTP (One Time Password) based verification.
- After creating login credentials, candidates need to log in with these credentials by clicking on "Candidate Login". Candidate can update their information like mobile number, email id, and password from time to time, but cannot change their First Name, Last Name and Gender.
- Once successful Login, the candidate can check under "Latest Openings" for all available advertisements and click on "Apply Now" against "Application Form for Appointment of Panchayat Secretary under Rural Development & Panchyati Raj department.
- Candidate should carefully fill in all the information in various sections and click on "SAVE & CONTINUE".
- The candidate is required to upload the images of recent photograph and signature.
- Size of the photograph (passport size) (Max size–1 MB) (Ht. X Wd. = 4.5 X 3.5 Cms.)Size of the signature (Max size–1 MB) (Ht. X Wd. = 4.5 X 3.5 Cms.)
- The candidate need to ensure that all the required fields are filled up with correct information. The system shall check that all required fields are filled up, before final submission of the application.
- Candidates cannot edit their Application form after submission. However, candidate can cancel his/her application if wrongly filled, but the fee of such cancelled application will not be remitted. The candidate can then apply afresh and he/she will have to pay the fee again.
- After successful completion of the form, the candidate shall be shown "Pay Now" link for making the online application fee payment. Once fees is successfully submitted, an Application ID shall be generated.
- Candidates should not submit a printout of the application/fee payment receipt to JKSSB till it is actually sought for some verification/ clarification purpose.
JKSSB Panchayat Secretary/VLW Selection Process
The selection process for JKSSB Panchayat Secretary is a two-step process which is as follows:
- Written Test
- Document Verification
JKSSB VLW Vacancy
The JKSSB VLW Vacancy details are as follows:
Take A Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Panchayat Secretary Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is based on three factors, which are:
- Educational Qualification
The minimum age limit is 18 years and the Maximum age limit is 40 years. The requirement of age for Open Merit & Reserved Category candidates as on 01.01.2022 is as follows:
|S.No||Category||Age limit (in years)|
|(vi)||EWS(Economically Weaker Section)||43|
|(vii)||PSP (Pahari SpeakingPeople)||43|
|(ix)||Physically Challenged Person||42|
|(xi)||Government Service/Contractual Employment||40|
The minimum educational qualification required for the Panchayat Secretary post is Graduation from a recognized university.
The applicant must be a domicile of UT of J & K.