The Staff Selection Commission has released the official SSC CGL 2018 notification for the Combined Graduate Level Exam – 2018 (SSC CGL 2018). This post will highlight the major points (NEW SSC CGL Exam Dates) regarding the upcoming exam and will try to provide most of the information you need about the exam. The vacancies are not yet announced.
The Staff Selection Commission holds the Combined Graduate Level Examination for selecting candidates for filling up different categories of group ‘B’ & ‘C’ posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations.
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2018: Important Dates
(Tentative Dates Based on SSC 2019 Exam Calendar)
- Online Registration Starts: 05.05.2018
- Online Registration Ends: 04.06.2018
- SSC Tier-I Exam Date: 4th June 2019 to 19th June 2019
- SSC Tier-II Exam Date: 11th Sept 2019 to 13th Sept 2019
- SSC Tier-III Exam Date: 29th December 2019
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- To be notified later
Check the official notification here.
Read More about SSC CGL Mock Tests here
SSC CGL Notification 2018: Eligibility
All Posts (except the following): Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
Compiler: You should complete your graduation in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as a compulsory or Elective subject.
Statistical Investigator Grade II: You should have Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognised University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
The age eligibility criteria lies in the range of 18-32 years. This varies from post to post.
Also, age relaxations are provided for different categories as per government regulations.
|Statistical Investigator (Grade II)||32 Years (Max.)|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 Years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in CBI/SI in NIA||30 Years|
|SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics||20 – 30 Years|
|All Other Posts||18 – 27 Years|
SSC CGL 2018 Notification : Exam Pattern
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as follows:
Tier I – Computer Based Examination
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
*negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer
Tier II – Computer Based Examination
|I||Quantitative Ability||100||200||120 Minutes
(For each paper)
|II||English Language Comprehension||200||200|
|III||Statistics (Paper I & II as above)||100||200|
|IV||General Studies (Paper I & II as above) (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II. This will be treated as a qualifying paper only.
Tier III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper)
In addition to above, the Commission has also inducted a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The paper will be in pen-paper mode and candidates would be required to write essays/ applications/ letter/ precis etc. The total marks would be 100 and the total time allotted to this section is 60 minutes.
Tier IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
NOTE: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
SSC CGL 2018 Notification : Syllabus (Tier – I)
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
- The topics are: Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every-day observations.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
- Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebra, Surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances.
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
SSC CGL 2018 Notification: Salary/ Payscale
That is all from us in this blog on SSC CGL 2018 Exam notification. We hope you find the Information provided above useful. Keep checking this space for any new updates on SSC CGL Exam. All the best!