The Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for the Combined Graduate Level Exam – 2017 (SSC CGL 2017) today. This post will highlight the major points of the official notification and will provide all the information you need about the exam.
The Staff Selection Commission holds the Combined Graduate Level Examination for selecting candidates for filling up different categories of group ‘B’ & ‘C’ posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations.
- SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Important Dates
- SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Eligibility
- SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Exam Scheme
- Tier I – Computer Based Examination
- Tier II – Computer Based Examination
- Tier III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
- NOTE: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
- SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Syllabus (Tier – I)
- SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Salary/ Payscale
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Important Dates
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Eligibility
|Statistical Investigator (Grade II)||32 Years (Max.)|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 Years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in CBI/SI in NIA||30 Years|
|SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics||20 – 30 Years|
|All Other Posts||18 – 27 Years|
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Exam Scheme
The interview component has been done away with. So no interviews. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as follows:-
Tier I – Computer Based Examination
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
*negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer
Tier II – Computer Based Examination
|I||Quantitative Ability||100||200||120 Minutes|
|II||English Language Comprehension||100||200|
|III||Statistics (Paper I & II as above)||100||200|
|IV||General Studies (Paper I & II as above) (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II.
This will be treated as a qualifying paper only.
Tier III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper)
In addition to above, the Commission has also inducted a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The paper will be in pen-paper mode and candidates would be required to write essays/ applications/ letter/ precis etc.
The total marks would be 100 and the total time allotted to this section is 60 minutes.
Tier IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
NOTE: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Syllabus (Tier – I)
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
- The topics are: Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every-day observations.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
- Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebra, Surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances.
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
SSC CGL Recruitment Exam 2017 : Salary/ Payscale
All the best!
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें