CAIIB stands for Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers. IIBF conducts the CAIIB Exam twice a year to check the development methods for dynamic and general financial administration. CAIIB Exam Pattern is set by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. The exam is held at 649 centres (20 candidate attendance is mandatory), chosen by IIBF all over the country. The candidates who effectively clear the CAIIB get benefits like incentives, increments, promotions etc. Thus it becomes very important for the candidates to understand the CAIIB Exam Pattern in detail to be CAIIB accredited. Generally, the CAIIB Exam is conducted in June & December, but in 2021, due to the pandemic situation, the dates have been delayed. CAIIB Exam Pattern primarily highlights the number of subjects, marking scheme, details of the exam, eligibility etc.
CAIIB Exam Pattern Overview
|Number Of Subjects||3|
|Number Of Questions||100 Per Subject|
|Marks||100 Per Subject|
|Time Duration||2 Hours Per Subject|
CAIIB Exam Pattern
- CAIIB Exam is a test used to judge the knowledge of the candidate on the CAIIB Syllabus. So, CAIIB Exam Pattern is too designed the same way by IIBF.
- CAIIB Exam Pattern consists of 3 subjects. Out of these three, 1 subject is elective, which the candidate can choose from the given 11 subjects options.
- The candidate has to mention the optional subject during the time of application submission.
- The other two subjects of the CAIIB exam pattern are compulsory to attempt for every candidate.
- Each subject in the CAIIB exam has 100 multiple choice questions, including questions based on case studies/ case lets. The Institution, however, may change the number of questions.
- For each paper, the allotted time is 2 hours, i.e. 120 minutes.
- According to the CAIIB Exam pattern, the exam will be held in the Online Mode only.
|Subject||Type||Number Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Advance Bank Management||Compulsory||100||100||2 Hours|
|Bank Financial Management||Compulsory||100||100||2 Hours|
|Elective Paper||(1 Option To Be Chosen From The Following Subjects)-|
Corporate BankingRural BankingInternational Banking Retail BankingCo-Operative BankingFinancial AdvisingHuman Resources ManagementInformation TechnologyRisk ManagementCentral BankingTreasury Management
CAIIB Syllabus is very extensive and has to be gone through very minutely. Each paper is divided into several modules. The IIFB issues a detailed CAIIB Syllabus pdf on its official website for candidates' ease. The candidates can also download the Syllabus from our blog.
CAIIB Marking Scheme
- Each paper of CAIIB consists of 100 questions and is a total of 100 marks.
- The candidate gets 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking mentioned in the CAIIB Exam pattern.
- CAIIB Cutoff is 50%. It can be a subject-wise Cutoff or an aggregate cutoff. It is condition specified.
Passing Criteria Of CAIIB
- A candidate has to clear all the 3 papers to be considered a pass.
- If a candidate scores 50% aggregate in a single attempt with a minimum of 45 marks in each subject, he is considered to pass.
- If a candidate scores 50 marks out of 100 in a subject, he is considered to have passed in that subject.
- According to CAIIB Exam Pattern, a candidate gets 4 attempts (in two consecutive years) to clear all the papers, i.e. if he clears 1 in the first attempt, he has 3 attempts left to clear the remaining two.
- If a candidate cannot clear all the papers in the given number of maximum attempts (4 attempts), he has to reappear/re-enrol for the exam afresh. The subject/ subjects passed earlier will no longer be considered valid, and the candidate has to clear all three subjects again.
- The time limit of 2 years begins with the date of application for the first attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether the candidate appears in any examination or otherwise.
CAIIB Question Pattern
According to the CAIIB Exam Pattern, the exam questions are based on
- Conceptual Grasp
- Testing Banking Knowledge
- Analytical/ logical exposition
- Problem Solving Aptitude
- Case Study & Analysis
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the passing marks in CAIIB?
If a candidate scores 50 marks out of 100 in a subject, he can pass in that particular subject. Also, if a candidate scores 50% aggregate in a single attempt with a minimum of 45 marks in each subject, he is considered a pass.
2. According to the CAIIB Exam Pattern, can I change my optional subject for the second attempt?
No, according to the CAIIB Exam Pattern, you cannot change the optional subject. It remains the same for all 4 attempts.
3. If I clear 2 subjects in my 4 attempts, and 1 is left. Will, that score be valid if I reappear again in the third year for CAIIB?
No, then you will have to reappear in all the subjects again.
4. Does the candidate need to submit the fee again for the second attempt of the total of 4 attempts.
Yes, you have to submit the fee for each attempt. The first attempt fee is Rs. 3000, and for the next three, it is Rs. 1,300 per attempt.
5. According to the CAIIB Exam Pattern, we have how many optional subjects?
According to the CAIIB Exam Pattern, the candidate has to choose one optional subject from the 11 subject options.