The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) conducts the Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) exam twice a year, once in June and once in December. IIBF has released the exam dates for the CAIIB 2022 Exam December Cycle on its official website. Through the CAIIB Program, CAIIB intends to provide advanced knowledge necessary for improved decision-making to individuals already a member of IIBF in risk management, Treasury Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Balance Sheet Management, economic analysis, and so on.
CAIIB Program Notification 2023
Only applicants who have passed the JAIIB or PART-I exam for the associate examination are eligible, according to the IIBF's official website. In addition, members whose membership dues are current can also write the exam. Other things to keep in mind include:
- After registering, candidates will be entitled to take the CAIIB exam for a maximum of three years.
- The candidate's attempts will be counted whether or not they appear for the CAIIB 2023 exam.
- Candidates will be allowed to keep credit for subsequent tries in subjects in which they will pass.
- CAIIB 2023 registration is valid for three years, following which applicants must re-register for the next CAIIB test.
CAIIB 2023 Exam Pattern
In the table below, one will find the exam pattern for the CAIIB exam.
|Total time duration of the exam||120 minutes for each paper|
|Total number of questions||100 questions for each paper|
|Total marks||100 marks for each paper|
|Type of exam||Multiple-choice questions|
|Medium of exam||English or Hindi|
|Mode of exam||Online exam|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Pattern of questions||Problem-solving, Knowledge testing, conceptual grasp, case analysis, Analytical/Logical Exposition, There may be some numerical questions in some of the CAIIB subjects where, no options will be provided. These questions will not be in the MCQ pattern and the answer has to be keyed in by the candidate.|
CAIIB Exam Dates for June 2023 Cycle
CAIIB Exam Dates for December 2023 Cycle
CAIIB Exam Passing Criteria
The passing criteria have been given as follows:
- A candidate can avail 5 attempts for completion of each exam (JAIIB / DB&F / SOB / CAIIB) but, within a maximum period of three years, whichever is earlier.
- This attempt will be counted from the time the candidate registers for the exam.
- These 5 attempts need not be consecutive.
- Candidates unable to pass the examination within 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will need to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not receive credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- The time limit of 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will start from the date of registration for the first attempt.
- Attempts will be counted when the candidate applies for the exam, irrespective of whether the candidate appears for any examination or not.
- A candidate will be eligible to apply for any five examinations out of the six examinations within the stipulated period of three years.
- If a candidate avails of all five attempts before the completion of three years, they will have to re-enroll afresh. Similarly, if a candidate does not avail five attempts but three years are over, they will have to re-enroll themselves afresh.
Opportunities After Clearing CAIIB
As more graduates from other fields join banks, they will require a basic banking interface to meet their day-to-day demands. CAIIB is designed to meet that demand.
Passing the CAIIB exam enhances a bank employee's professional qualifications by understanding broad commercial banking principles, risk management, financial management, and information technology management.
Internal promotions are given weightage in addition to passing the CAIIB. The majority of bank personnel pass the CAIIB exam early in their careers.
Increment In Salary
Banks provide two increments for passing JAIIB in addition to professional competence. After attaining the maximum scale, one is eligible for PQA allowances, including DA and pension benefits. It has significant financial benefits throughout a career.
Employees working in various banks receive wage increases after passing the CAIIB Exam. According to the Indian Bank Association's guidelines, every permanent bank employee from a PSU (one of the members of IBA) is eligible for salary increment after passing the CAIIB exam. There are two sorts of increments, with the following details:
In the case of Clerks,
There will be two wage increases. After completing the CAIIB Exam, a bank clerk's pay scale is Rs 11765 Rs (655 x 3) (increments) = Rs 13730 /-. (Basic).
In the case of Officer 1 salary increase after passing CAIIB.
Furthermore, passing the CAIIB Exam will provide you with advanced information that will enable you to make better decisions in the areas of Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis, and so on.
Benefits And Job Description
Other than income increases, passing the CAIIB Exam has several advantages. The following are a few of them:
- They have a high level of expertise in their subject.
- Improved decision-making abilities in areas such as Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis, and so on.
- Banks have internal promotions.
- Increased self-assurance in your day-to-day business tasks.
We hope the article has given you relevant information about the CAIIB Program in detail, including the exam pattern, eligibility, and passing criteria. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CAIIB's Full Form?
CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) is the abbreviation for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers.
What is the registration process for CAIIB exams?
The Indian Institute of Bank and Finance has released the application form for the CAIIB online exams. You must go to the official website of the IIBF (iibf.org.in).
When will the CAIIB 2023 Exam take place?
The examination will take place in June 2023 and December 2023.
How many CAIIB exam scores would I need to pass according to the institute's passing criteria?
To be eligible for the CAIIB 2022 exam, a candidate must score at least 50% on all questions. Candidates can also qualify for CAIIB 2023 if they get 45 points in one subject and a total of 50%.
Does a Bank Clerk's salary increase after passing the CAIIB Exam?
After passing the CAIIB Exam, you will receive two wage increases as a Bank Clerk.
After passing the CAIIB Exam, how many increments are there in an officer's salary?
An officer's salary increases by one increment after passing the CAIIB Exam.
How many times is the CAIIB Exam held each year?
The CAIIB Exam is held twice yearly.
Is there a probability of getting promoted after passing the CAIIB Exam?
After passing the CAIIB Exam, there is a chance of internal advancement.