The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) conducts the Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) exam twice a year, once in June and once in December. IIBF has released the exam dates for the CAIIB 2022 Exam December Cycle on its official website. The CAIIB online exam will be held from 27th November 2022 Onwards. CAIIB online registration have opened on 30th September 2022. Candidates interested in taking the CAIIB Test 2022 should check the summary of the IIBF CAIIB test date 2022 and the important dates for IIBF CAIIB exam registration, eligibility criteria, and more. Through the CAIIB Program, CAIIB intends to provide advanced knowledge necessary for improved decision-making to individuals already a member of IIBF in risk management, Treasury Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Balance Sheet Management, economic analysis, and so on.
CAIIB Program Notification 2022
Only applicants who have passed the JAIIB or PART-I exam for the associate examination are eligible, according to the IIBF's official website. In addition, whose membership dues are current. Other things to keep in mind include:
- After registering, candidates will be entitled to take the CAIIB exam for a maximum of two years.
- The candidate's attempts will be counted whether or not they appear for the CAIIB 2022 exam.
- Candidates will be allowed to keep credit for subsequent tries in subjects in which they will pass.
- CAIIB 2022 registration is valid for two years, following which applicants must re-register for the next CAIIB test.
Important Dates in December Cycle
The dates for the exam to be held in December have been given below in the table in detail –
|Starting of Application Process||30.09.2022|
|Last Date of Registration ||20.10.2022|
|CAIIB- Advanced Bank Management Exam date||27-11-2022|
|CAIIB- Bank Financial Management Exam date||04-12-2022|
|CAIIB- Rural Banking ||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Retail Banking||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Human Resources Management||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Information Technology||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Risk Management ||10-12-2022|
|CAIIB/ CAIIB ELEC-Central Banking||10-12-2022|
Details Of Late Fees
- From 30.06.2022 to 06.10.2022 - Normal Examination fees
- From 07.10.2022 to 13.10.2022 - Normal Examination fees plus Rs 100/-
- From 14.10.2022 to 20.10.2022 - Normal Examination fees plus Rs 200/-
CAIIB Exam Pattern
In the table below, one will find the exam pattern for the CAIIB exam.
|Type of exam||Multiple-choice questions|
|Total time duration of the exam||120 minutes for each paper|
|Total number of questions||100 questions for each paper|
|Mode of exam||Online exam|
|Medium of exam||English or Hindi|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Pattern of questions|
Conceptual graspCase analysis
CAIIB Exam Passing Criteria
The following are the conditions for passing:
- To pass the CAIIB 2022 exam, the candidate must score at least fifty points in each subject.
- If a candidate achieves a minimum of 45 points in the first attempt and a 50 percent overall score on the CAIIB 2021 exam, they will be considered qualified.
- After registering, candidates will be entitled to take the CAIIB exam for a maximum of two years. Candidates will not be allowed to sit for the CAIIB 2022 exam pattern after that.
- The candidate's attempts will be counted whether or not they take the CAIIB 2022 exam.
- Candidates will be able to preserve their credit for future attempts in subjects in which they pass.
- Candidates must re-register for the CAIIB 2022 exam when their registration expires after two years.
- There are three papers in the CAIIB test 2022.
- There are two mandatory papers and one optional paper on the CAIIB 2022 exam.
Opportunities After Clearing CAIIB
As more graduates from other fields join banks, they will require a basic banking interface to meet their day-to-day demands. CAIIB is designed to meet that demand.
Passing the CAIIB exam enhances a bank employee's professional qualifications by understanding broad commercial banking principles, risk management, financial management, and information technology management.
Internal promotions are given weightage in addition to passing the CAIIB. The majority of bank personnel pass the CAIIB exam early in their careers.
Increment In Salary
Banks provide two increments for passing JAIIB in addition to professional competence. After attaining the maximum scale, one is eligible for PQA allowances, including DA and pension benefits. It has significant financial benefits throughout a career.
Employees working in various banks receive wage increases after passing the CAIIB Exam. According to the Indian Bank Association's guidelines, every permanent bank employee from a PSUs (one of the members of IBA) is eligible for salary increment after passing the CAIIB exam. There are two sorts of increments, with the following details:
In the case of Clerks,
There will be two wage increases. After completing the CAIIB Exam, a bank clerk's pay scale is Rs 11765 Rs (655 x 3) (increments) = Rs 13730 /-. (Basic).
In the Case of Officer 1 salary increase after passing CAIIB.
Furthermore, passing the CAIIB Exam will provide you with advanced information that will enable you to make better decisions in the areas of Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis, and so on.
Benefits And Job Description
Other than income increases, passing the CAIIB Exam has several advantages. The following are a few of them:
- They have a high level of expertise in their subject.
- Improved decision-making abilities in areas such as Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis, and so on.
- Banks have internal promotions.
- Increased self-assurance in your day-to-day business tasks.
We hope the article has given you relevant information about the CAIIB Program in detail, including exam pattern, eligibility, and passing criteria. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CAIIB's Full Form?
CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) is the abbreviation for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers.
What is the registration process for CAIIB exams?
The Indian Institute of Bank and Finance has released the application form for the CAIIB online exams. You must go to the official website of the IIBF (iibf.org.in).
When will the CAIIB Exam take place?
The examination has been scheduled from 26th June to 9th July 2022
How many CAIIB exam scores would I need to pass according to the institute's passing criteria?
To be eligible for the CAIIB 2022 exam, a candidate must score at least 50% on all questions. Candidates can also qualify for CAIIB 2022 if they get 45 points in one subject and a total of 50%.
Does a Bank Clerk's salary increase after passing the CAIIB Exam?
After passing the CAIIB Exam, you will receive two wage increases as a Bank Clerk.
After passing the CAIIB Exam, how many increments are there in an officer's salary?
An officer's salary increases by one increment after passing the CAIIB Exam.
How many times is the CAIIB Exam held each year?
The CAIIB Exam is held twice yearly.
Is there a probability of getting promoted after passing the CAIIB Exam?
After passing the CAIIB Exam, there is a chance of internal advancement.