CAIIB is an abbreviation for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. CAIIB is a biannual exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. Candidates take this exam to uplift their banking careers. There are many benefits associated with this exam which gives a major boost to candidates in terms of salary and promotion. The certified banker's salary is enhanced and is called CAIIB Salary & the job profile also is upgraded called CAIIB Job Profile. This certification gives them an extra set of advanced qualifications. It helps the candidate understand the advanced banking processes, increase their remuneration, and raise their career. The CAIIB Exam is only applicable to members of the institute.
CAIIB Salary And Benefits
- CAIIB Salary is better than the salary the candidate received before clearing the CAIIB Exam.
- Clerical grade employees receive 2 increments in salary, and officer grade employees receive 1 increment.
- After the exam, a candidate opting for private banks also receive a higher CAIIB Salary.
CAIIB Salary And CAIIB Job Profile In The Various Banking And Finance Sectors In 2022
According to a study, CAIIB Salaries in senior management are 18 Lakhs on average, ranging from Rs 13 Lakhs to Rs 34 Lakhs. The top 10% earns around Rs 27 Lakhs per year. Here are a few examples:
|Company||CAIIB Job Profile||CAIIB Salary|
|L & T Finance||Senior Management- Operational Risk||28l|
|Axis Bank, Delhi||Senior Management- Centre Head Commercial Banking||35l|
|The Federal Bank, Delhi||Manager- Advances And General Operations||14l|
|Idbi Bank||Senior Management & Relationship Management||21l|
|Kinara Capital||Senior Management||13l|
|Bank Of Baroda||Senior Management- Manager Credit||16l|
|Leap India||Senior Manager||15l|
CAIIB Job Profile and Benefits
- CAIIB certified candidates have advanced knowledge in their field of work.
- Post exam, a candidate is eligible for several kinds of promotions, which means the CAIIB Job Profiles are upgraded profiles.
- Certified candidates have access to much better technical knowledge, thus enabling the posting in departments such as Foreign Exchange, Treasury, Government Business etc.
- The CAIIB Job Profiles are much more lucrative.
Benefits Of CAIIB Exam
The employees who effectively clear the CAIIB test gets benefits like incentive, increment, promotion etc. The benefits of clearing this exam can be classified into the following categories:
1. Monetary Benefits-
Monetary Benefits are the benefits received in terms of money. They are also known as financial benefits. According to the Indian Bank association settlement rules, any permanent bank worker from PSUs can get salary increments post clearing CAIIB Exam. So, a CAIIB Salary is quite enhanced.
- For clerk grade– The clerks who clear the CAIIB Exam are entitled to two increments in salary per the present-day scale. For example- A clerical employee whose basic salary was 11765/- is increased to 13730/-
- For officer grade– The officers working with the nationalized bank are entitled to 1 increment in their salary.
- The private banks promptly recruit CAIIB candidates on a higher salary.
2. Non Monetary Benefits-
- CAIIB accreditation provides advanced information which enables the bankers in better decision making in the fields of Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis and so on.
- CAIIB Exam holds a good weightage in the promotional interviews. So, if the candidate has qualified for the CAIIB Exam, he gets an edge in the promotion and becomes eligible for internal promotion.
- CAIIB Exam gives the candidate access to technical knowledge. Thus enabling the posting in departments such as Foreign Exchange, Treasury, Government Business etc.
- After clearing the CAIIB exam, the candidate can also opt for a higher post job in a private bank.
It is important to note that the CAIIB accreditation helps you get a promotion according to your previous job profile, salary and work experience.
Start Preparing For CAIIB Exam
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How many increments are there in the salary of a bank clerk after clearing the CAIIB Exam?
There is a provision of two increments in the salary of a bank clerk, post-CAIIB Exam.
2. What is the CAIIB Salary of an officer grade banker?
After the exam, an officer grade banker gets an enhanced CAIIB Salary. Their salary gets one increment.
3. In what ways is CAIIB Job Profile better than their non-certified counterparts?
CAIIB Job Profile has many perks and benefits. The certified bankers have better chances of internal promotions and posting to more lucrative and prestigious departments because they now have advanced knowledge about banking and finance.
4. Who can take a CAIIB Exam?
Any JAIIB qualified member of the institute can take CAIIB Exam.
5. Can you explain what you mean by salary increment in the case of a clerk?
For a clerical employee, the pay band is: 11765-655/ 3-13730-815/ 3-16175-980/ 4-20095.
In a pay band, you need to understand that the initial basic pay is around Rs. 11765/-with an annual increment of 655 till the basic pay reaches 13730/- with an annual increment of 815 till it reaches 16175 and so on.
But after CAIIB, the pay structure of a bank clerk will be- 11765 plus 655* 3 (increments)= 13730/- basic pay within 6 months.
6. Does clearing the CAIIB Exam help in promotion interviews?
Yes, you will get additional marks in your promotion interview for clearing the CAIIB exam.