Table of Contents
- DEST and CPT in SSC CGL tier-2
- DEST and CPT in SSC CGL tier-2 syllabus:
- What is CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) in SSC CGL?
- What is SSC CGL DEST (Data Entry Skill Test)?
- Frequently Added Questions:
DEST and CPT in SSC CGL tier-2
DEST and CPT in SSC CGL Tier-2 – Each year, the SSC exam holds a Combined Graduate Level test to choose applicants for non-gazetted positions in several government agencies. SSC CGL 2023 Tier -1 will be from 14th July to 27th July 2023. As we know, there are two levels to this exam, both of which are computer-based assessments. However, different exams, such as AAO and JSO, are required for some of the posts in Tier II.
DEST and CPT in SSC CGL tier-2 syllabus:
There are two tests that are based on the candidate’s proficiency with different aspects of the computer. The first is DEST – Data Entry Speed Test. This test is to gauge the candidate’s speed in handling data and how they work with inputting given data in the fastest and most efficient manner. The second test is the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). This one basically tests the candidate’s basic computer know-how.
|Test Name||CPT and Syllabus Syllabus|
|Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)||DEST will be conducted in the manner decided by the Commission for the purpose. There is no specific syllabus as it is a skill test. It will consist of a passage of about 2000 key depressions for a duration of 15 minutes. Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be provided by the Regional Offices of the Commission.|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)||1. Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, backup devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer. Keyboard shortcuts. |
2. Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft Office like MS word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
3. Working with the Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, and e-Banking.
4. Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojans, etc.), and preventive measures.
What is CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) in SSC CGL?
SSC CGL CPT is qualifying in nature and is an important part of SSC selection process. This is mandatory for all candidates. The exam is in online mode. The main purpose of this exam is to test candidate’s computer application skills.
SSC CGL Posts that Require Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
A number of SSC CGL posts require the CPT –
- Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA)
- Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs,
- Assistant (GSI) in Ministry of Mines
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
CPT includes three modules
- Word processing
- Generation of Slides
The test passage will be an English passage with 2000 key depressions. The candidate has to finish the paragraph within 15 mins. There is no formatting like bold, italic, underlining in the passage. The typed paragraph is compared to number of errors made. The candidate must match 95% accuracy, as accuracy and speed is mainly calculated.
Spread sheet: The candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft excel. They will be given simple mathematical problems to solve like addition, subtraction, multiplication etc.
Generation of Slides: The candidates are required to present a power point presentation. The candidate must hold basic knowledge of Header, Footer, Inserting Date&time etc. The given time time will be 15 mins and the candidate must conduct the identical slide using power point.
What is SSC CGL DEST (Data Entry Skill Test)?
DEST in SSC CGL stands for Data Entry Skill Test. This is typing test where the candidate must type 8000 per depression per hour, i.e. 2000 key depression in 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Posts that Require Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax)
Type of Mistakes in DEST
There is no negative marking in DEST. Instead half-mark and full-mark deductions happen in case of the corresponding mistakes. SSC CGL has outlined the type of mistakes that can result in these deductions.
The below-mentioned errors are full mistakes.
- For every omission of word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word/figure not found in the passage.
The below-mentioned errors are half mistake.
Spacing errors: No space between two words. Eg, “ihave” instead of “i have”
Repetition of letter: For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
Wrong Capitalization: Wrong use of capital letters for small letters or small letters for capital letters.
Note: Any corrections using pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
Frequently Added Questions:
DEST is conducted for the Post of Tax Assistants
Assistant Section Officer In CSS, MEA & AFHQ, Assistant In Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) Under The Ministry Of Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) In The Ministry Of Mines, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) In CBIC
Yes, there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in the Computer Proficiency Test part of the SSC CGL exam.
Yes there will be negative marking for SSC CGL CPT and DEST exam. The negative mark will be 1 mark for every wrong answer.
Yes, Its compulsory for all candidate to attend CPT and DEST for SSC CGL 2023 exam.
The Full form for CPT is Computer Proficiency Test in SSC CGL. Its conducted to examine the typing speed and basic computer knowledge of the candidates.
- DDA Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern, Check Detailed Subject Wise
- CSIR NET Admit Card 2023, Download Now
- IBPS RRB Clerk 2023 Notification Out, Direct Link to Download
- SSC CHSL Notification 2023, Check Complete Information
- CAIIB Admit Card 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Hello there, Sindhuja here, I am content writer. I recently started working as an edtech writer for Oliveboard. “Knowledge is power,” as quoted I will do everything in my power to provide you with the essential knowledge for government exams, which will undoubtedly help you prepare for your exams easily.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series