As the name suggests, Static GK refers to that part of information or data that is almost static and has the least chance of changing. Say, the capital of your state, or even any country for that matter. Although, these details do not change, there is always too much of it. And answering a couple of questions correctly in your bank exam feels like finding that drop in the ocean. But this article will help you to prepare for static GK in bank exams.
The recent NHB Assistant Manager exam, SBI Clerk Mains exams suggest that Static GK have the potential to carry significant importance in our exam.
First, let us look into the topics that need to be prepared for Static GK.
Important Topics for Static GK for Bank Exams:
|Important Summits & Conferences in India & world||Headquarters of different organisations in India & World|
|Stadium||States & their Dance Forms|
|Banking Acts & Reforms, important sections, years||Important schemes, launch year, ministries associated|
|Space Agencies & Centres||Capitals & Currencies of countries|
|Important banking terms||Important Awards & their purpose|
|Bird Sanctuaries||Wildlife Sanctuaries|
|Important Universities||Tiger Reserves|
|Important cities on riverbanks||Biosphere Reserves|
|UNESCO World Heritage Sites||Ramsar Sites|
|Union Ministers & their constituencies||Nationality of important personalities|
|Major monuments||Important mountain peaks|
|Important Rivers, Lakes||Indian Missiles|
|Seaports, Airports||Famous personalities and their field of excellence|
|Defence Exercises in which India is a member||Elephant Reserves|
|CM, Governors of States||Chiefs of international organisations|
|Taglines of banks||Basic banking technologies|
The list is indeed scary. How do we make sure that we can excel in this Static GK while preparing for bank exams? Here are some of the tips.
- One should always start with Current Affairs. Yes, this can help tremendously. Whenever you read a particular news, say the appointment of MD and CEO of a bank, memorise its tagline & headquarter at the same time. When a country elects its PM, memorise its capital and currency as well. This is how one begins his/her preparation of Static GK.
- Starting to learn Static GK from Current Affairs will also make your preparations easier and can save you from information overload.
- Static GK while, could be asked randomly, chances are that they have been in news for one reason or the other. The news need not have been exam related all the time. For example, the recent news that the Sanjay Gandhi National Park opened up for walkers should not be missed. A regular newspaper reading will help you come across news like these and you would have learned so much in a month’s time.
- Maintain a separate copy for noting down Static GK related information. Divide it for sub-topics such as national parks, banking topics, tiger reserves, important days, etc., Every time you study write it down and revise it whenever possible.
- Build mnemonics and and tricks to master learn the things in an easy manner.
- Books like Lucent’s General Knowledge can be referred to aid your preparation. Although, a simple Google search can always do the trick.
- Refer to Oliveboard’s complete list of e-book repository wherein there are separate books for each Static GK topic.
- Follow a newspaper like The Hindu and Indian express on a regular basis to keep yourself abreast of the latest information.
Following are some of the questions asked in the latest banking exams.
Q1. Where is Guru Ghasidas National Park located?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q2. Who is the chairman of Make My Trip?
- Deep Kalra
- Rahul Jaimini
- Nandan Reddy
- Sriharsha Majety
- Kalyan Krishnakumar
Q3. According to which Section of the RBI Act, RBI prescribes CRR for banks?
Hope this blog helped you in your preparation.
All the best.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now