In the RBI Grade B exam, General Awareness (current affairs) is one such section which if prepared properly can fetch you great marks and subsequently increase your chances of clearing the cut-off marks for Phase 1 as well as Phase 2. Not to mention, current affairs are integral to both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the RBI Grade B exams. Keeping this in mind, let us start with knowing what all should be done to prepare well for RBI Grade B General Awareness Preparation.
Table of Contents
- How to Approach RBI Grade B General Awareness?
- Sections for which current affairs are to be prepared:
- RBI Grade B Current Affairs Preparation
- I. What to Cover for Current Affairs?
- II. Phase-1 GA
- III. Phase-2 GA
- IV. How to Prepare for General Awareness (Current Affairs) ?
- V. Previous Years GA (CA) Questions Asked in Phase 1
- VI. Previous Years Questions asked in Phase 2 (ESI)
- Previous Years Questions asked in Phase 2 (F&M)
- Crack RBI Grade B 2022 | How to Start your Preparations? | Winning Strategy by Riti Ma’am
- RBI Grade B Crash Course 2022 by Oliveboard
How to Approach RBI Grade B General Awareness?
Sections for which current affairs are to be prepared:
- Phase 1 General Awareness Section.
- Phase 2 ESI Paper (80% – 90% of the ESI paper comprises current affairs).
- Phase 2 Desctiove English (Fodder Material for Essay).
- Phase 2 Finance Paper (Concepts linked to current affairs are being asked).
- Interview Phase (Questions from the current happenings from Economy and Finance are asked).
RBI Grade B Current Affairs Preparation
The most important tip would be to simultaneously prepare for Phase 1 & Phase 2 Current Affairs.
I. What to Cover for Current Affairs?
Current Affairs include the following:
|1. Daily News (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)||2. Static GK (For Phase 1)|
|3. Economic Survey (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)||4. Union Budget (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)|
|5. Census 2011 (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)||6. SECC 2011 (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)|
|7. Important RBI Circulars, Notifications, Reports (For Phase 2)||8. Government Schemes (Union & State Govt. Schemes) (for Phase 1 & Phase 2)|
II. Phase-1 GA
1. The overall cut-off in Phase-1 can be easily cleared if you have a good score in GA.
2. The last 6 months of current affairs prior to the exam must be prepared thoroughly. But the high priority must be given to the last 3-months of current affairs.
3. Static GK questions would be related to current affairs only. Let’s say a country got a new president, then it might be possible that the currency or capital of that country might be asked.
» Phase-1 Current Affairs – Areas to be Covered
- Awards/Film Festivals
- International News/India’s initiatives with other countries
- Banking Terminology
- Headquarters of Banks
- Banking, Economy & Finance News
- Census Data
- Socio-Economic Caste Census
- Union Budget
- Economic Survey
- Ports, Industrial parks, museums, Power plants, nuclear plants, missile launches, etc.
- National Parks/Sanctuaries
- Places of importance like World Heritage sites/Lakes/Rivers/Mountains/Temples
- Capitals & Currencies
- Headquarters of various organizations
- National & International Days/Themes
III. Phase-2 GA
1. Nearly 80-90% of the ESI Paper comprises current affairs.
2. For the Finance paper, the trend is changing, concepts linked to current affairs are being asked.
3. For English descriptive writing, current knowledge can help you get the fodder material for essay writing.
4. Prepare current affairs for the last 6 months prior to the exam.
5. But for important reports, indices, schemes, cover these from the last 8 months prior to the exam.
6. Cover Government Schemes (Latest – all & Old – only selected ones).
7. Give emphasis to the current affairs that are related to the syllabus and get all the information about them.
You can never be too prepared for the static GK as you may have asked anything. Therefore, ensure that you check out the Free Static GK E-Books Download page regularly to download new ebooks as they become available.
IV. How to Prepare for General Awareness (Current Affairs) ?
- Once you have understood the requirements of the exam, it is important that you read the current affairs based on that. You should know what to leave and what to study!
- Understanding the PRIORITY. The 3 months prior to the exam are of great importance for current affairs.
- Always be aware of the latest trends, the level of the question/areas from which questions are asked keep changing.
- You can cover the current affairs on a daily basis or refer to the monthly capsules for your comprehensive coverage. Don’t forget to practice a lot of current affairs MCQ for retention of what you have read.
- REVISION is the KEY. Keep revising on weekly basis so that your preparation is on point.
V. Previous Years GA (CA) Questions Asked in Phase 1
Let us see a few questions that have come in the previous years. The aim is to see the areas from which questions are picked.
- Capital Infusion of Rs.93,00 crore is being done in which of the following banks by LIC and Government of India? – Current Affairs – Banking/Finance related news.
- Teenage Environmental Activist Greta Thunberg belongs to which of the following countries? – Current Affairs – Persons in News.
- According to Railway Cleanliness Survey 2019, the top three cleanest railway stations under the Suburban category belong to which of the following states? – Current Affairs – Reports – ESI.
- Which of the following countries is the host of the 2034 Asian Games? – Sports.
- Recently H-2B Rocket has been launched from Tanegashima Space Center. It is located in which of the following countries? – Current Affairs – Imp events – World.
- Recently National Nutrition Survey has been released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with which of the following? – Current Affairs – Reports – ESI.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank is headquartered in which of the following cities? – Static GK – Bank HQ.
- Global Innovation Index for India in 2020 is 48. What was the ranking of India in 2019? – Reports & Indices.
- A book named ‘150 Years of Celebrating the Mahatma the South African Legacy’ has been recently launched. It has been launched in which of the following cities? – Current Affairs – Books.
- IAAF World Championship 2019 has recently taken place in Khalifa Stadium. It is located in which of the following countries? – Current Affairs – Sports.
- UN-HABITAT is headquartered in which of the following countries? – Static GK – HQs.
- Border Area Exercise ‘Chang Thang’ between India and China has recently taken place in which of the following places? – Static GK – Military Exercises.
- Nobel Prize for the year 2019 has been awarded to James Peeble, Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz for which of the following? – Current Affairs – Awards and Honours.
- Piyush Goyal is a Member of the Parliament of Rajya Sabha from which of the following countries? – Current Affairs – Constituencies.
- RudraSagar Lake is located in which of the following states? – Static GK – Geography.
- The meeting of the Councils of Heads of Government of SCO has recently taken place in which of the following places? – Current Affairs – Summits/Conferences.
- What was the theme of World Teachers Day 2019? – Current Affairs – Imp Days/Themes.
- Recently, Dr H.L. Trivedi has passed away. He was associated with which profession? – Current Affairs – Obituaries.
- Edwar Chagwa Lungu is President of which of the following country, who recently visited India? – Current Affairs – Persons in News.
- Article 15 of the Indian Constitution provides for which of the following? – Static GK – Indian Constitution – ESI.
- Helsinki is the capital of which country? – Static GK – Capitals/Currencies.
- Recently, which of the following banks has deployed ‘Robotic Arms’ to count currency notes? – Current Affairs – Banking/Finance related news.
- Recently, which of the following personality has won the Japan Open tournament in Men’s single category? – Current Affairs – Sports.
- Recently, which of the following company has been renamed as Nippon Life Insurance? – Current Affairs – Banking/Finance related news.
- According to International Migrant Stock 2019, which of the following is the leading country of origin of international migrants in 2019 with a 17.5 million strong diaspora? – Current Affairs – Reports – ESI.
- Recently, which of the following bank launched the digital-fixed product called ‘Express FD’? – Current Affairs – Banking/Finance related news.
- Gaofen Satellite is launched by which of the following countries? Current Affairs – Imp events – World.
- Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme – DHRUV is related to which of the following ministries? – Current Affairs – Schemes/Programmes – ESI.
- According to RBI Annual Report 2018-19, what is the NPA in the banking sector in 2018? – Current Affairs – Banking/Finance related news.
- Which of the following organization has published the report, ‘South Asia Economic Focus, Making (De) Centralization Works’? – Current Affairs – Reports – ESI
- Which of the following states has topped in India Innovation Index 2019? Current Affairs – Reports – ESI According to the 2011 Census data, the sex ratio of the population in the country in 2011 stood at? – Census 2011 – ESI.
- Which of the following is not a money market instrument? – Static – Basic Concepts – Finance.
- LAF is a monetary policy instrument that allows banks to borrow money through repurchase agreements. The alphabet ‘L’ in the abbreviation ‘LAF’ stands for – Static – Basic Concepts – ESI.
Key Takeaways from Previous Years Questions
- We have questions from static GK as well as current affairs.
- Questions related to the basic concepts of ESI and FM (Current Affairs and Static) are also asked.
- Understanding the depth of questions is important. This will help in knowing what are the possible dimensions from which questions can be asked.
VI. Previous Years Questions asked in Phase 2 (ESI)
- According to the CS Gender 3000 in 2019: the changing face of companies report, what is the percentage increase in India’s female representation on boards over the past 5 years in the year 2019? – Reports/Policies/Indices.
- Which of the following organization has submitted a master plan of $300 m for logistics infrastructure development in Kolkata? – Allocations – Industrial Policy
- What is India’s Life Expectancy according to the National Health Profile 2019? – Reports/Policies/Indices – Health.
- Which of the following organization releases the World Economic Outlook report? – Reports/Policies/Indices.
- As per the UN’s Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index report, India has lifted how many people out of poverty between 2005/6 and 2015/16? – Reports/Policies/Indices.
- SEQI was developed by which of the following organization? Reports/Policies/Indices – Education.
- Share of exports of products related to India’s MSME during the year 2018-19 stood at? – Allocations – Industrial Policy.
- According to SECC, how much percentage of rural households are landless and derive a major part of their income from manual casual labour? – SECC.
- The Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum marking its 50th anniversary will be held in which of the following places? – Summits/Conferences – Regional Economic Co-operation/International Financial Institutions.
Previous Years Questions asked in Phase 2 (F&M)
- As per the recent RBI guidelines, Fit and proper guidelines are applicable to?
- As per the recent RBI guidelines, the maximum number of non-executive directors in the NRC committee will be?
- Which bank was merged with Bank of Baroda?
- Which of the following is of Micro-Finance institutions is a universal bank now?
- Which of the following is not a scheme related to financial inclusion?
Key Takeaways from Previous Year’s Questions
- Current Affairs linked to the chapters given in the syllabus is asked.
- Few questions are very simple (like Phase 1 level) and some questions go one step deeper.
All the Best!
Crack RBI Grade B 2022 | How to Start your Preparations? | Winning Strategy by Riti Ma’am
RBI Grade B Crash Course 2022 by Oliveboard
If you are someone who is aiming to crack RBI Grade B Exam and are confused about how to go about the preparation, Oliveboard has come up with RBI Grade B Online Crash Course to help you ace the RBI Grade B exam for sincere aspirants. Read below what is included in the Course.
Oliveboard offers the best RBI Grade B Online Coaching that can help you prepare comprehensively for the exam. Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Online Crash Course 2022 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs.
1. Course Details
RBI Grade B Cracker is designed to cover the complete syllabus for the 3 most important subjects: GA for Phase 1 and Objective + Descriptive portions of ESI + F&M for Phase 2 exam.
Not just that, it also includes Mock Tests & Live Strategy Sessions for English, Quant & Reasoning for Phase 1. The course aims to complete your preparation in time for the release of the official notification.
RBI Grade B 2022 Cracker Course Offerings:
- ESI & FM Revision Sheets
- 100+ LIVE Revision Classes
- Phase-I CA Capsules (RBI BOLT)
- ESI & FM Videos + Notes + 75+ Topic Tests
- Phase-II CA Capsules + Desc. Eng Prep
- 40 Obj. Mock Tests (Ph-I & II)
- 10 Descriptive Mock Tests with Evaluation
- Descriptive Model Q&A
1.2. How to Enroll for the RBI Grade B Online Course 2022?
Sign up or log in using the link given below. You will be redirected to the payments page. Read the course offerings and subscribe to RBI Grade B 2022 Cracker Course.
Now that you are aware of the RBI Grade B Online Classes, why wait?
Get Started with RBI Grade B 2022 Online Crash Course comprising LIVE Classes, Video Lessons, Detailed Study Notes & All-India Mock Tests for Phase 1 & Phase 2.
Connect with us on