Detailed RBI Grade B 2019 Notification has been released on the RBI’s official website. A total of 199 Vacancies (General – 156, DSIM – 23, DEPR – 20), have been announced with a slight change in the Prelims Exam Pattern. Sectional timings have been introduced in the Phase 1 paper and it is scheduled to happen on 9th of Nov 2019. With just around 50 days to go for the RBI Grade B Phase 1 paper, if you are determined to qualify the exam, you need to pull up your socks, stretch yourself a bit and leave no stone un-turned and go for rigorous RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation.
We have listed in the blog the complete
- RBI Grade B Syllabus,
- RBI Grade B Preparation material,
- RBI Grade B preparation books,
- Important Topics for RBI Grade B, and
- Detailed preparation strategy as to how to prepare for RBI Grade B while working full time as well for students preparing solely for the Exam.
Read the blog to know better and carve out a schedule for yourself.
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation Strategy for 50 Days
It is always advisable to go for combined preparation for both Phase 1 & Phase 2 of the Exam. The Syllabus for Phase 2 is huge and cannot be covered within 20 days gap that is there between Phase 1 and Phase 2.
1. RBI Grade B 2019 Notification: Phase-I – Online Examination (Objective Type)
Name of the Test
|1.||General Awareness||80||120 Minutes
Separate Timing for Each Section
A total time of 120 minutes will be given for answering. However, Separate time will be allotted for each test.
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – Phase 1
1. General Awareness
As can be seen from the Phase 1 Exam Pattern, General Awareness carries the maximum weightage (40%) and will play a key role in your selection. Scoring high in this section automatically increases your chances of clearing the overall cur off of Phase 1 paper. Let us understand what all needs to be done to score high in this section.
You need to prepare for GA for Phase 1 and Phase 2 simultaneously. Read and learn General awareness because these are very important for both Phase 1 & Phase 2 (ESI & FM)
Let us look at the Weightage of Current Affairs questions for Phase 1 & Phase 2
|Weightage of Current Affairs questions for Phase 1 & Phase 2|
|Phase 1 – General Awareness||Phase 2 – ESI||Phase 2 – F&M|
|Current Affairs Weightage – 60-65 Marks||Current Affairs Weightage – 75-80 Marks||Current Affairs Weightage – 15-25 Marks|
|Total – 80 Marks||Total – 100 Marks||Total – 100 Marks|
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – GA for Phase 1 & Phase 2
GA for the months of November first week, October, September, August should be given most importance in your preparation. Next in your list would be the GA for the months of July, June & May 2019.
Cover the most important Schemes, Indices & Reports for the months of January to April 2019.
Schedule to Cover the GA Portion
|In September||Cover the GA/ CA for months of August, July & June|
|In October||Cover the GA/ CA for months of September & October|
|In November||Cover the GA for the first week of Nov and revise the GA and solve MCQs for the months given above.|
Other Important Things as well
- Union Budget 2019-20
- Economic Survey 2018-19
- Census 2011
- Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011
- Government Schemes
2. Preparations for sections of Quantitative Aptitude (30 Marks), Reasoning Ability (60 Marks) & English Language (30 Marks).
- General Awareness section will help you clear the overall cut off, but these sections should be given their due importance.
- Make your basics clear for the topics asked in these three sections, then Practice as many Mock Tests as you can for Phase 1.
- Taking up just the Mock Tests will not be enough in itself.
- You need to analyse each and every Mock Test that you take. Learn from your mistakes, learn how to solve a particular question type, and implement your strategies and knowledge got from the Mock Test Analysis while you take the next Mock Test.
- Always remember that Sectional Cut off needs to be cleared.
Reasoning Puzzles Book – For Reasoning Section Preparation
Data Interpretation Book – For Quants & Data Interpretation Preparation
Schedule for Taking Mock Tests
|September||Take 1st & 2nd Mock Test|
|October||Take 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th Mock Test|
|November||9th & 10th Mock Test|
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – Phase 2 – List of Topics & Time Table
2. RBI Grade B 2019 Notification: Phase-II – Online Examination
Name of Paper
Type of Paper
|Paper II:English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive, to be typed with the help of the keyboard||90||100|
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – ESI Preparation
In ESI paper of Phase 2, weightage of current affairs is the highest. You need to cover
ESI Books & Resources
- Cover the concepts for these topics from a Basic Book namely Indian Economy by Sanjeev Verma or Ramesh Singh. If you are beginner, then having a firm grip over Basics Concepts of Topics in the syllabus is of prime importance.
- The complete syllabus of ESI is being covered in the Oliveboard’s Online Preparation Course “Mission RBI Grade B 2019“.
- Cover Economic Survey & Cover Union Budget 2019-20.
Schedule for ESI Preparation
|Sr. No.||Sep 2019 – List of Topics
to be Covered
Oct 2019 – List of Topics to be Covered
Oct 2019 – List of Topics to be Covered
|1.||Measurement of Growth: National Income & Per Capita Income||Health||Sustainable Development & Environment Issues|
|2.||Monetary Policy & Fiscal Policy||Poverty Alleviation||Urbanization|
|3.||Human Development||Gender Issues||Migration|
|4.||Balance of Payments||Social Justice||Industrial & Labour Policy|
|5.||Education||International Financial Institutions & World Trade Organization||Role of Economic Planning – NITI Aayog|
|6.||Employment Generation||Regional Economic Co-operation||Census 2011 & SECC 2011
|7.||Union Budget & Economic Survey|
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – Finance & Management Preparation
Concept Clarity is extremely important because options for the Management questions that come in exams are very close.
- Our course covers the complete syllabus for Finance & Management through Live Classes, Live Practice Sessions and a number of recorded Video Classes,, giving you complete clarity on all the topics.
- Here you will also get Complete Notes for ESI and F&M giving you complete concept clarity.
- Other Sources that you can refer are Prasanna Chandra for Finance.
Schedule for F&M Preparation
|Management Topics – Sep & Oct 2019||Finance – 1st Week Oct 2019||Finance – 2nd Week Oct 2019||Finance – 3rd & 4th Week of October|
|Leadership||RBI – Functions and Conduct of Monetary Policy||Disinvestment||Primary & Secondary Markets|
|Motivation||Corporate Governance in Banking Sector||PPP & E-Governance||Financial Ratios|
|General Management||Alternate Sources of Finance||Banking System in India & FIs||Derivatives|
|HRD||Changing Landscape in Banking Sector||Budget, GST, Inflation, FRBM, Fiscal Policy||Bonds|
|Communication||Financial Inclusion||Time Value of Money|
|Capital Budgeting Technique|
Important Chapters for Numerical
|Time Value of Money||Bonds|
|Financial Ratios||Income & Balance Sheet|
RBI Grade B 2019 Preparation – English Descriptive Preparation
1. Essay Writing
Practice an essay per week or if time permits two essays per week. Essay writing should be practiced on the computer as in real exam, we need to type this section using the keyboard. So it would be so much better that you practice it beforehand.
2. Precis Writing
To practice Precis Writing, you can take up any Editorial from an English Newspaper, read it thoroughly and then summarise it in your own words.
3. Reading Comprehension
Here, you will be given a passage and you will be asked questions and you will have to type your answers in the space provided.
Moreover our course “Mission Grade B 2019” will cover the English Descriptive Section of the RBI Grade B Exam. So no need to worry. Just enroll for it and prepare under the guidance of Experts.
Mission RBI Grade B 2019 – Enroll Now – Starts 30th Sep
Salient Features of the Course
- Mission RBI Grade B 2019 is a 10 week course designed to help you clear the exam by ensuring comprehensive coverage of Phase-1 GA and ESI, FM & Descriptive English for Phase-2.
- The course is crafted in such a way that it will initially focus on Phase-1 by providing live classes and practice sessions for Reasoning, Quant and English. ESI & FM classes will continue side-by-side to ensure that your Phase-2 preparation is not neglected.
- Since students tend to ignore descriptive English while preparing for Phase-2, therefore post Phase-1 , there will be two sessions per week for descriptive English only.
- Apart from this, it also includes Mock tests for Phase-1 and Phase-2.
- Starting from September 30th, this course will help you clear the prestigious RBI Grade B Exam.
Read the Course Features: What all you get once you enroll for the course
|Phase 1||Phase 2|
|1.||100 Video Lessons for GA, Reasoning, Quant and English||11 Live Classes for ESI and F&M|
|2.||MCQ sessions for Current affairs of last 6 months||8 Live Practice Sessions|
|3.||10 Full Length Mock Tests||50+ Video Lectures for ESI and F&M|
|4.||Special Live Classes on Exam Pattern & Strategy for Quant, Reasoning and English.||Special Live Classes on Exam Pattern & Strategy|
|5.||Live Practice Sessions for Quant, Reasoning, English and GA.||Complete Notes for ESI and F&M|
|6.||25 full length Mock Tests|
|7.||6 special classes for descriptive English|